Olight M2X-UT Javelot (XM-L2 dedome, 1x18650/2xCR123A) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

RemcoM

Enlightened
You can certainly use it any time - but don't expect a very visible beam at any distance in daylight. Again, you can use the typical daytime cd values given in my post here to help guide you.

But i mean the hotspot is easily visible, when pointed at walls of houses, at afternoon, these days, under cloudy skies.

Thats quite impressive.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt,

1 Is it true, that when at turbo, for some minutes, the M2X loses intensity, but after turn it of, and ,again turn it on, can i restore the max intensity, like you, and others have said.

2 Is the strobemode, at max intensity-output=

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi Selfbuilt,

1 Is it true, that when at turbo, for some minutes, the M2X loses intensity, but after turn it of, and ,again turn it on, can i restore the max intensity, like you, and others have said.

2 Is the strobemode, at max intensity-output=

If Selfbuilt and others said it, than you can trust that, no need to ask confirmation again. And yes, for the Strobe. AFAIK all lights that have a Strobe mode, let the light Strobe at max power and therefore max intensity.

gkbain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks SB for the review. My TN32 dwarfs this light in size but they are about equal in throw. Wow! I'll have to sneak another light into the house.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt,

When i stand by a tree/house, at near 2000 meters, and you shine to me, in the dark, outside urban areas, on a very clear moonless, no moon, with your near 200 kcD M2X UT Javelot,

How much illuminance will be there then, at the tree...me, and the house?

Must be lit up a bit.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

Practically none. The M2X-UT isn't rated to throw 2000 meters, That's well over a mile away.

Remco, purchase a VSS-3, that will light up your world and others within a couple of miles of you.

$_57.JPG

RemcoM

Enlightened
Selfbuilt,

is it true, that flashlights of over 100 kcd, has the same, or more kcd, than direct sunlight?

Direct sunlight is about 100 kcd, but im not really sure.

So, the M2X UTJavelot, has more intensity than direct sunlight?

RemcoM

Enlightened
Yes, yes and yes.

I asked Selfbuilt,

but your answer is welcome too kj2?

What brand 18650, do you use for your olight M2X, kj2?

My neighbours do not like me at all, with my flashlights, while i only shine into my garden.....strange.......but, houses all around me...sadly enough.

cancow

Newly Enlightened
Might be the perfect EDC , but I will wait for a decent pocket clip...

Practically none. The M2X-UT isn't rated to throw 2000 meters, That's well over a mile away.

Remco, purchase a VSS-3, that will light up your world and others within a couple of miles of you.

$_57.JPG

John7Boy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Selfbuilt for another amazing review. I had been watching your recommendations for single 18650 lithium batteries, and noticed a couple of weeks ago a mention of the first manufacturer produced de-domed flashlight which was not part of the famous "vn" modified stable of elite flashlights. The commentary in this thread appears somewhat underwhelming considering the outstanding output achieved by this very modest sized LED Flashlight. The first time I turned it on I realised it would be one of the milestone flashlights in LED flashlight history. The manufacturers have finally taken heed of the energy in forums such as this one to get more than the "incremental ordinary" improvements in LED flashlight technology.
The Javelot is a Fantastic Ultra thrower at reasonable price, even out reaches my Thrunite TN32, which is over three times the weight, size, & battery capacity, not bad for a humble little 2015 Olight. I had been expecting some surprises this year but this one surpassed all my expectations in all UT categories.
Have I missed something or is this still one of Olights best kept secrets. I will be saving up for the tidal wave of 800-1000m+ products as other manufacturers try to catch Olight on excellent product at a good price.

Fenix TK70 XML-T6 4xD NiMH, Olight SR95S SBT-70(#1 my top thrower & power still!), Thrunite TN32 3x 18650 (#3), Olight M2X-UT Javelot XML-L2 1x18650 (now #2), Nitecore EA8 Caveman 8xAA NiMH, Thrunite Neutron 2A v2 1x14500 (my top EDC thrower & power), Olight S15 1x14500, Keygos XML-T6 KE5 1x18650, Ultrafire XML-L2 C8 1x18650, Nitecore XML-L2 HC-90 1x18650 (my top headlight),2x XTAR VP2, Maha MH-C808M my top 2 chargers.