Olight S1 Baton Turbo Mode Issues

bitslammer

Enlightened
Just got one of these from Amazon and I'm pretty disappointed. I can't use turbo mode for more than ~20 seconds without the light shutting off. After that I have to remove the battery to reset it and it will do the same thing. Aside from that I like the light, but this is a deal breaker for sure. Can't EDC a light I can't rely on.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Wet

Newly Enlightened
What battery are you using? Is the battery fully charged? I tried running my S1 with empty (only about 2.5 V left) li-ion 16340 and the light started to flicker and then shut off.

Frank108

Newly Enlightened
The S1 Baton I have does not have a Turbo Mode. Its modes are
High 500/300 lumens
Medium 80 lumens
Low 8 lumens
Moonlight 0.5 lumen

The light has a timer with two settings 3 minutes and 9 minutes.

A double click from off puts the light directly into High Mode

After reading your post I put my light directly into High Mode for just over 3 minutes. After reaching the 3 minute mark I turned the light off.
The light was steady. The head was very warm.
I used an Olight RCR123A battery which I fully charged 2 days ago. I used the light minimally since that charged.

Hope this helps.

YahFargo

Newly Enlightened
I don't recall which thread it was in, but there were 2 other people that have the exact issue you were describing. Light shutting off in turbo and needing to unscrew the tail cap to get it to turn back on. I believe they exchanged for a new light from whoever they bought from. I'm sorry yours doesn't work, it's a great little light, I love mine

bitslammer

Enlightened
The S1 Baton I have does not have a Turbo Mode. Its modes are
High 500/300 lumens
Medium 80 lumens
Low 8 lumens
Moonlight 0.5 lumen

The light has a timer with two settings 3 minutes and 9 minutes.

A double click from off puts the light directly into High Mode

After reading your post I put my light directly into High Mode for just over 3 minutes. After reaching the 3 minute mark I turned the light off.
The light was steady. The head was very warm.
I used an Olight RCR123A battery which I fully charged 2 days ago. I used the light minimally since that charged.

Hope this helps.

You are correct. It is in HIGH mode where it cuts off after ~20 seconds. Going to see if I can return it.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hello,

Yes that is not the correct function of the light. I would recommend to do an exchange with the dealer. If that does not work out, please email [email protected] for assistance. Thank you!