Olight X6 Marauder (6x XM-L, Rechargeable) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO + more!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Just a comment about your video, at 7:30 I think you mixed up the definitions behind DC and AC power. Cars run off 12-14V DC power, not AC.
I was making the comment that the light should run direct off AC or DC. The car comments refer to the DC power option.

As yet, I haven't seen the accessories.

yifu

Enlightened
Thanks for another great review! Does this light have any chance compared to the PH50?
Overall output should be similar, although the PH50 would greatly out-throw it. It's 40W brother-the X1 was measured at 400 000 lux so half a million lux should be around the PH50 mark. But in all aspects, you're comparing 2 different classes of lights, the PH50 is capable of holding perfect regulation until the battery runs out as HIDs are not affected by heat at all.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I used to turn my nose up at the concept of this light and tethered system, but considering that it's at least twice the output of triple XM-L systems and throws as well as the SR90, it seems to have a lot going for it. If I was going to upgrade to a SR95, I might consider this instead, at 2.5x the light output and similar throw.

Without having held the light in my hand, I'm a bit mystified with the construction at the center section of the light, aft of the head as it appears to be all heat sink. I reluctantly trust that the mass and length were necessary to deal with thermal levels but in the back of my mind I tend to second guess what I perceive as overkill by Olight. As the SR90 has morphed into the SR95, I wonder if Olight couldn't have spaced the reflectors a bit closer thereby reducing the maximum diameter. Likewise I kinda wonder if they could have shortened it by an inch or two (since there's no battery pack in the head assembly) and still sufficiently managed thermal levels.

JudasD

Enlightened
Anyone know of a vendor carrying O-light for cheap? :naughty:
I am open to PMs :hitit:

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
any idea as to what batts are in the pack and their worth power wise?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
any idea as to what batts are in the pack and their worth power wise?
The battery pack presumably uses a custom formulation (i.e., it is unlikely to be an array of standard cells). Overall capacity wasn't provided to me, but based on weight and runtime, I would guess it is comparable to the current SR-series lights. The SR95 that I have reviewed recently is rated to have a 7800mAh pack. :shrug:

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
The battery pack presumably uses a custom formulation (i.e., it is unlikely to be an array of standard cells). Overall capacity wasn't provided to me, but based on weight and runtime, I would guess it is comparable to the current SR-series lights. The SR95 that I have reviewed recently is rated to have a 7800mAh pack. :shrug:
ok, ty mate, have placed an order...

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Arg.
This light just violates my sense of symmetry.

Why could they not have made it a 7*XML light. Same dimensions, much nicer looking...

JudasD

Enlightened
I dont need this light at all, but i reeeeeeeeeally want one. Someone please help me stop. Don't we have like an AA (and i dont mean battery size) for flashlights or something? :mecry:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Arg.
This light just violates my sense of symmetry.

Why could they not have made it a 7*XML light. Same dimensions, much nicer looking...

That is a really great question? It's not that I don't like the light but given all of the R&D time and money how does this point escape the design team? Perhaps the pack couldn't drive 7 XM-Ls but if that's the case, just make the battery just a little bit larger.

JudasD

Enlightened
That is a really great question? It's not that I don't like the light but given all of the R&D time and money how does this point escape the design team? Perhaps the pack couldn't drive 7 XM-Ls but if that's the case, just make the battery just a little bit larger.

Probably was an issue of heat dissipation AND runtime. There is also the potential of diminishing returns. maybe a mix of all three?

JD

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
Well, received mine yesterday, the flashlight is impresive, though the switch could be a little more responsive...as for the connector between the battery and the flashlight...it will become a problem, no doubt. Not sure why Olight let that go past the keeper. The battery has a capacity of 8500 mah i understand, should be double...all up, am pleased with my purchase.

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
talk about value for money, here you get 5000 lumens for $500, makes damn good sense to me.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Hm.

It is not as large as it looks like.
I have just one suggestion for a version 2, if they ever make one: The light already has a hardpoint for mounting on the bottom. Would it be hard to modify it as to allow the battery pack being clipped onto the light itself for situations where the cord would be annoying?

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
Must say folks, the lumen to dollar value on this light is second to none. The switch is easily accessible, and the separate battery pack works for me as i never forget the light at various clients, just wish it had double the capacity.

JudasD

Enlightened
I want one of these sooooo badly, but i cant bring myself to actually pull the trigger. What to do?!?!?!?!? :mecry:

JD