Oops I did it again... impulse purchase 🤣

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whilst checking out the stock at a pawn shop I noticed a Armytek Predator (not a common brand here abouts), whilst the Maglites, LED Lensers and similar were commanding a premium price this unit was only $30 AUD, a little mistreated but otherwise in good shape so naturally I purchased it, on disassembly I also located a Nitecore 2300 18650 which would cost the purchase price alone so a real bargain 😎

20231013_143652.jpg

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Gee, I'm a little surprised that they would have any flashlights at a pawn shop. Although, what would I know? I've only been in two in my life, and then only once.

If there were any more local, I could see stopping in to shop around.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
You only get a bargain when they don't quite know what they've got, otherwise they generally ask close to new prices (at least that has been my experience) 😉

Poppy

Flashaholic
IIRC what I had seen in the two pawn shops I visited was jewelry, power tools, guitars, and other musical instruments. Maybe some car radios.

There's one about five miles from my house on the highway that I sometimes pass. Maybe I'll stop in there and give it a look see, one of these days.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found this today.

Pawnshops are a great source for lights. Here in USA it is common to see MagLite and the like for sale. I purchased my first high quality light from a pawnshop, a Glock GTL 10.

There was a pawnshop local to me that wanted to become a SF dealer. Only the rep was rude to him and it fell through. He would buy/sell/trade Zefal, Led Lenser, Surefire, and more to me but isn't in business now. He was selling machine gun parts and some other things and got in trouble. They also gave him grief for supplying me with all sorts of questionable items. He is now one of my customers at the tool shop.

Attachments

• B24E6EE3-3023-4B40-992F-030D68430BB8.jpeg
    B24E6EE3-3023-4B40-992F-030D68430BB8.jpeg
    850.7 KB · Views: 48