Oracle 35W HID

Patriot

Flashaholic
HI! im thinking abou buy this flashlight ,..pleas how larg is it ? and hov larg is the box ?

And my secnd question is ,..can i replace original bulb with 50 W hid xenon ? or replace with 35W but 12 000 K color teumprigue?

thanks

ps : When you have got phootos from it pleas upload it

Page 1 post 2 states 15" long or 380mm. There is also a picture of it in the hand on page one.

The bulb isn't replaceable with a 50W bulb because the ballast is only a 35W watt ballast. Also it's a proprietary style bulb and igniter base so it doesn't use conventional automotive type bulb bases.

No HID bulb can produce 12K color temperature or even 8K without tinting the glass blue. Usually the closer the bulb temperature is to 4200K the better and the more output the bulb will have. You'll want to research color temperature here if you want to learn more about it. The "12000K" color temperatures and very blue beams are a fad started by the asian import car guys but they're terrible for lighting.

PsTo

Newly Enlightened
ok and as it is focused?
width, or into the distance
im thinking about m2X and this .. what is more in the distance? Thank you

Patriot

Flashaholic
ok and as it is focused?
width, or into the distance
im thinking about m2X and this .. what is more in the distance? Thank you

I'll try the best I can with your question but it's a little difficult to understand your English. No prob, I'll try to work through it. :)

The light is pre-focused and non-adjustable. You can add shims to manually fine tune the focus as member BVH and others have done.

Regarding beam width versus distance we refer to that as flood vs. throw. With this kind of HID light it would be considered medium range which translates to several hundred yards of throw if it's dark enough out. Even the HID lights with the tightest beams still tend to produce a lot of spill light because of HID's high output nature.

The M2X (I'll assume you're talking about the EagleTac) isn't even close to the same league as a 30W HID when it come to output or throw. Generally speaking, the Stanley should throw about 3-5 times further and produce 3-4 times as many lumens as a small reflectored tri-cree like the M2X. These are completely different types of lights though. If you need ultimate efficience, small size and multi-levels of output the M2X is a better choice. If you need maximum output and throw at the expense of size & runtime, then the Stanley is the better choice.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patriot, wrong light. :)

The Oracle 35W HID is somewhat focusable. It has a heavy OP reflector so it doesn't get a super tight spot at any setting. But it still does throw well.

I don't understand what you mean by width or into the distance.

Between the Eagletac M2X and the Oracle 35W HID, which throws further? At the moment I'm likely one of the only people who has used both... the M2X still hasn't been released yet. :naughty:
I'd say they're close in throw but the Oracle does throw a bit further. However it is 3 times larger. But then again overall it puts out almost 5 times more light.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI! im thinking abou buy this flashlight ,..pleas how larg is it ? and hov larg is the box ?

And my secnd question is ,..can i replace original bulb with 50 W hid xenon ? or replace with 35W but 12 000 K color teumprigue?

thanks

ps : When you have got photos from it pleas upload it

Yes, its a flashlight, but its so bright, its a spotlight too.. It sounds like you didn't read this whole thread... go back and read the whole first page and you will get explanations as well as lots of pics.

The bulb is permanently mounted to the ballast "about a 65.00 cost to replace both, so no, you cannot put whatever bulb you want on as its only rated for 35Watts and its not a plug in type adapter anyway.

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
The bulb is permanently mounted to the ballast "about a 65.00 cost to replace both, so no, you cannot put whatever bulb you want on as its only rated for 35Watts and its not a plug in type adapter anyway.

When that day comes (where our first Oracle owner needs to replace the LA) save that ballast! I'm sure there's a tinkerer or two here who could have a lot of fun modding something with that! :twothumbs

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how hard it would be to access the internals of the ballast, but I'm sure there must be an adjustment somewhere inside... who knows what it could do?

The worst that could happen is a nuclear explosion...
or maybe just take out a portion of your block! :laughing:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Patriot, wrong light. :)

LOL!!! boy was I off. I think I posted in too many threads in quick succession and thought I was writing about the Stanley still. Thanks for saying something though Phantom. :)

My apologies for the mix up PsTo. :eek:

Houdiny

Newly Enlightened
Hi there!

Since I live in Europe, it would be nice to know if the charger could handle 230V...
Anybody out there who's got an answer for me?
Thanks,

Martin.

MAWilsonPE

Newly Enlightened
The AC charger that came with mine says:
Switching Power Supply
Model: IT15V120180X
Input: 100-240V-50-60Hz 0.8A max
Output: 12.8V=1.8A
so yes, with a simple outlet prong adapter you should be able to use in Europe.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there!

Since I live in Europe, it would be nice to know if the charger could handle 230V...
Anybody out there who's got an answer for me?
Thanks,

Martin.

Input of the home charger is 100 - 240 volts 50 - 60 Hz.. so I would say thats a yes.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who sells these Oracle lights?

Just do a search in Google for "oracle hid"

The top find, go there.
Click on products, then go to "oracle HID flashlights"

Looks like those are the regular prices... look as post #19 on this thread.

Call them up and tell them you are from here, they should sell it at the lower price.

p.s. I think there days are numbered on cpf unless they become a subscriber.
Maybe you could suggest that to Justin if he wants good exposure from here.

Last edited:

bullettproof

Enlightened
Can you get the Oracle 35W with VLOP or SMO reflectors??? I saw the THID had a VLOP in some pics.

MAWilsonPE

Newly Enlightened
In a previous thread someone had found that the AEX-25 lenses fit into the Oracle 24W. It appears that the 35W has the same size head as the 24W. Has anyone tried those lenses in a 35W?

Also where could I get a better reflector?

What are the chances of getting a spare light/ballast assembly? Think the ballast would handle a 50W mod?

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

Ok ran it for about 15 minuets. It has a nice quality feel to it with no rattles and such, though feels a bit light, though it's probably because I'm so use to heavy lights. On full rotation of the head in the opposite way it came, I get the most throw, though the beam "being so smooth and floody" makes it hard to judge this. This being my first HID I'm pretty impressed. It's much brighter then my EDC-P7, though it's beam reminds me of that light. Is very practical and I will be trying my hardest to find some reason or other to use this whenever I can:party::thumbsup:. I went down to the old corn field near my house for some rang comparisons. The field has many crops of trees and with Google Earth I can measure throw, first off it was quite misty tonight with low clouds and drizzle, so this reduced my light's throw somewhat:ironic:.

The farthest thing I could see "able to make out shape and some structure, like very large branches" was 868.91 feet away with the Oracle, 331 feet with my 18650 driven taskforce, and respectively 3,262.49 feet "the road curves up and I can't see any further down it:whistle:" with my Cardboard Hexagon box light. At ranges under 600 feet the Oracle seemed much brighter and more intense then the Cardboard Hexagon light, it was only at very far distances that the difference in throw was apparent. One has to understand just how good the range of over 800 feet is with the Oracle, because it lights up everything:devil: in this distance, it is a very floody beam with as much as 150 degrees of intense side spill.

Here is the best my free, 6 year old camera can do.
Hexagon box light, Oracle, EDC-P7:twothumbs.

Now in negative to show difference in intensity "I can't underexpose on my camera, and as it was I was taking pictures under a pair of aviator glasses:ohgeez:."

The Oracle and EDC-P7 really show about the real amount of difference in intensity, while my camera simply didn't have a way to gage the intensity comparing the cardboard hexagon box light and the Oracle:duck:.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also where could I get a better reflector?

What are the chances of getting a spare light/ballast assembly? Think the ballast would handle a 50W mod?

I think the reflector in the L35 could be higher quality, but even that is hard to say because the Oracle is a true "flashlight" thats stinkin bright and the L35 is more of a spotlight.

Its hard to have your cake and eat it too.. there are only so many lumens to go around.

Either you spread the wealth and can see everywhere plenty bright or you focus it to the distance and see even better in the distance.

The oracle is a good balance of both if your seeking to see everything in front of you at once.

I really think the Oracles reflector is plenty good.. "remember" its got the orange peels layer to it to disperse light evenly which can take some definition away in the distance.

I have the Oracle "35 watt", the L35 "35 watt" and the Xeray "75 Watt" affectionally called the "BB" or "barnburner".

Comparing the three, it appears the 35 watters are simply playing games with how they throw the lumens, but if you could gather the light from both on all points and measure it, I think they both put out the same, even though the throw characteristics are quite different.

The 75W, looks allot like the throw of the L35, but double the lumens and its quite obvious!

The Oracle is truely a "flashlight" in every sense of the word with a pattern that fits the conventional flashlight pattern, but smoother.

As for whether the ballast can be tweaked to 50W is anybodys guess.. chances are it will go higher, but how much and how hot, I don't know.
The existing 35W bulb should be able to take some more abuse to maybe as high as 50W but not likely last too long forcing you to buy a whole new assembly anyway then.

I"m not really into tweaking it anyway because it will kill runtime.

It would be fun however if you could have the two brightness modes that are already there (28watt and 35Watt) adjusted higher on the high end as I only see about a 5 watt difference between the two now.

If you have one, you will most likely agree, its much more than bright enough for any flashlight type job by far.... even at that, it will blow away most spotlights except those with gigantic reflectors measuring 8 plus inches.

Its hard for Halogen to compete with HID without a monster size reflector.

HID exhibits a sheer bath of Lumens in the foreground compared to Halogen.

Last edited: