• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired [ORDER THREAD]: Custom IRIS 1xCR123/1x18650 XP-G R5 Multi Colors and Options

Delghi

Enlightened
Re: [Order Thread]: Custom IRIS - 1xCR123/1x18650 XP-G R5 Multi Colors and Options

Exactly like Dirk said.

He asked me to convert the lanyard attachment slot at the tailcap on his Iris to tritium vials slots for installing 1.5x5mm tritium vials :)

apjohnson73

Newly Enlightened
Re: [Order Thread]: Custom IRIS - 1xCR123/1x18650 XP-G R5 Multi Colors and Options

Thanks for that explanation guys, they look great, are they pretty easy to install / clip-in? or does it require you being a dab hand at modding, if so i'll probably stick to the standard build.

Kind Regards

Andy

The Coach

Enlightened

Andy, they are usually glued in. There are a couple of threads around explaining how to do it. Search is your friend.

Last edited:

apjohnson73

Newly Enlightened

cheers coach, just bought up a couple of threads now on the topic...

Regards

andy

Delghi

Enlightened
Yes Florence delivered in time, they feel and seal great.

img7150b.jpg

In the meanwhile, I could not just waiting and I also slightly improved the reflector parabola, tighting the deegree as more as possible and adding a mirror smooth finish. I tried to reach the best throw out the xp-g without loosing any quality.

I am really impressed with XP-G R5 performance, focus close to a optic but still elegant as a metal reflector ;)

img7206t.jpg

Die projection here :)

img7149s.jpg

Everything is ready I'll assemble the ordered lights in the weekend and ship early next week.
Thanks!

Last edited:

The Coach

Enlightened
OOPS!!! I forgot to say
WooHoo.jpg

Looks great Davide!! :twothumbs Nice finish on the reflector, I think I can see my bald head in it already. :cool:

And now........
waiting.jpg

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Davide, what a splendid piece of work! I am very impressed with what you've done, in so many respects. I'm especially pleased with your EDC interface design. So easy to use. Also, the low power choice looks to be a good one.

I've been gearing up for eventual purchase of another flashlight and after seeing your Iris, I'm now changing my mind! ;)

Incidentally, concerning the natural finish, is it treated in any special way that is completely maintenance free? Or is it simply raw polished aluminum that will require periodic care to prevent the dreaded pitting that aluminum can end up doing? :thinking:

Delghi

Enlightened
How much has the new improved reflector changed the beam (from post 19)?

It has the same beam quality, but just a smaller hotspot.

I also tried a very very light texture to be sure but no lights with artifacts in the beam will leave my workshop :)

Anyway you will be able to see yourself very soon because your light is now ready and will ship in the next 2 days.

Sorry for the late but work, snow and ice did not really helped.

Delghi

Enlightened
Thanks!

The bare aluminum finish offered is just out of the lathe and slighlty polished to remove any imperfection.

I tested some clear anodize, chromation, passivation but all of them got to someway modifying the surface pattern in way I really good way.

The 7075-T6 aluminium is already tempered and I'm pretty sure will perform great but the raw finish will need some care to keep perfect.

On the other way if you are going to use it (and I hope so :)) the raw finish allow you to fade away many scracthes with just some scotch brite, and having it like new anytime ;)

Davide, what a splendid piece of work! I am very impressed with what you've done, in so many respects. I'm especially pleased with your EDC interface design. So easy to use. Also, the low power choice looks to be a good one.

I've been gearing up for eventual purchase of another flashlight and after seeing your Iris, I'm now changing my mind! ;)

Incidentally, concerning the natural finish, is it treated in any special way that is completely maintenance free? Or is it simply raw polished aluminum that will require periodic care to prevent the dreaded pitting that aluminum can end up doing? :thinking:

Delghi

Enlightened
The first few lights already shipped! And a few other will ship tomorrow ;)

img7394j.jpg