Ordering LEDs direct from China (AliBaba/AliExpress)

dspiffy

Newly Enlightened
HOLD UP. Who removed my links? First of all, they were to three separate suppliers, none of which are affiliated with me.

This thread is pointless if I cant show you the products I'm comparing.

I'm going to put them back, and if you delete them again, I'm putting them back again, so if you have a problem with that, you might as well ban me.

RoGuE_StreaK

Enlightened
Prepare for a banning then; it's in the forum rules.
You ARE however allowed to say who you got them from, their exact title, SKU, whatever, to help people find with a quick search that exact item, but direct links are generally frowned on

dspiffy

Newly Enlightened
Prepare for a banning then; it's in the forum rules.
You ARE however allowed to say who you got them from, their exact title, SKU, whatever, to help people find with a quick search that exact item, but direct links are generally frowned on

[h=3]5. Posting articles and links[/h]Articles from other sources are welcome. Links to other websites are welcome. Do NOT post the entire article on CPF! 9 times out of 10, this would be an infringement on copyright. Limit what you post to around 100 words and then post a link to the original source. Always post a link to the original source!

When posting links, please take a moment and have some consideration for the other members of CPF. Do not post links or URL's that are so long that they cause horizontal scrolling of the pages. Use the regular reply page instead of Quick Reply and follow the directions/prompts for posting or inserting hyperlinks.

And one other thing. If the link that you post leads to something of mature content and/or something that perhaps some of our members may not want to see, post a warning with your link.

I dont see anything that would exclude me from posting links to where I bought something.

When I initially signed up for the forum, my posts, including this one, were deleted because the mods thought they were spam. I was quite frustrated as it takes time to type and repost links. I spoke with a moderator, who was quite understanding of my frustration, and he approved my posts, including this one. Why another mod would come back around and re-delete parts of it is beyond me, and frustrating all over again.

dspiffy

Newly Enlightened
I got my last shipment of PAR30's.

One died within the first hour of operation. The rest work(ed) fine.

Whoever said that these companies whatever LEDs they can get their hands on for each order might be on to something. This batch, all 50 bulbs have a slight yellow tint, similar to halogens and the high end Sylvania LEDs I've tested. The last batch, all 50 had a slight pink tint like pretty much every other warm white LED lamp I've tested. The difference is subtle, it might bother some people depending on the installation. I'm about as picky as it gets, and in all the places we use PAR30s, it hasnt bothered me yet. Wallwashing white walls it would probably bother me.

If the failure rate stays low with these over the next couple years, I will consider this experiment a resounding success.

I ordered another 10 PAR20s for my dad, but other than that, I wont be ordering anything else until/unless we do some remodeling that involves installing more PAR fixtures.

RoGuE_StreaK

Enlightened
It surely isn't 2000 lumen.
Nah, out be a factor about, say, 20... They use either an XR-E or XP-E, if a Q5 bin (which may be doubtful, seems to have just been a buzzword they all pick up on), even if pushed to max rated current of 700mA then lumens at the emitter would be a little over 200. Expect quite a bit of loss with the aspheric setup, so I would guess an absolute max of 150 OTF (out the front).

Check out the "budget lights" sub-forum for something along the lines of "Sipik-68 clones". I've got several of these (from different sources, mainly banggood), for cheapies they are really very good for having lying around the place.

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
Nah, out be a factor about, say, 20... They use either an XR-E or XP-E, if a Q5 bin (which may be doubtful, seems to have just been a buzzword they all pick up on), even if pushed to max rated current of 700mA then lumens at the emitter would be a little over 200. Expect quite a bit of loss with the aspheric setup, so I would guess an absolute max of 150 OTF (out the front).

Check out the "budget lights" sub-forum for something along the lines of "Sipik-68 clones". I've got several of these (from different sources, mainly banggood), for cheapies they are really very good for having lying around the place.

Great! Thank you very much for the info and the tips. I will check those lights. Even though I am not really interested in buying those cheap lights (I am more of a Fenix lights preson), I was asking for a friend, who does not see a point byuing a more expensive flashlight and he believes that those cheap flashlight can do the same as brand high quality flashlights. But thank you again! :)

RoGuE_StreaK

Enlightened
I was asking for a friend, who does not see a point byuing a more expensive flashlight and he believes that those cheap flashlight can do the same as brand high quality flashlights
I'm kinda more like him :D Most expensive torch I have is probably less than $15, but I try to find out exactly which emitter and driver are in there, and what the heatsinking's like. Personally I'll probably never ever spend more than $50 on a torch; guess I don't have enough bears or zombies chasing after me :grin2:

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
hi what does this mean?

• Import clearance failure
    2018-12-07 16:21:00 [GMT+8]
  • Held by Custom
    2018-12-07 16:21:00 [GMT+8]
  • -Arrival at Destination Postal Admin (From SG/SIN to PH)
    2018-12-07 16:18:00 [GMT+8]
  • Airline arrived at destination country
    2018-12-07 12:16:00