Ottawa/Gatineau CPF Winter meet: 2011 edition

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a trail a few minutes drive from the Tim and we end up there.

I don't know if there are good camping sites between Montreal and Ottawa that also have interesting trails for trekking, but parc de la Gatineau could be interesting. If anyone feels more adventurous, Algonquin parc is big and there is a canyon there.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the invite Cataract. I missed out on the last get together and unfortunately I'll have to miss out on this one as well. I have 3 birthdays on that weekend.
Also my MB20 for my M6 is in transit to SF for a replacement, so I'd be without one of my big guys.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its a Jetbeam then I'll have to say no thanks. I had one already and wasnt pleased with it.

Yea, kinda the reason why I'm letting it go half price. I still have quite a few more for sale.

I'll have to try for another one of these! Unfortunately I'm only in Montreal a few days, too many family obligations.

Let us know when you're around, it sounds like you come to Montreal a few times per year

thanks for the invite Cataract. I missed out on the last get together and unfortunately I'll have to miss out on this one as well. I have 3 birthdays on that weekend.
Also my MB20 for my M6 is in transit to SF for a replacement, so I'd be without one of my big guys.

I won't even try to pull you away with 3 Birthdays at the same time! With the response rate we're getting, there will definitely be other GTs.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone has an XM-L based light, could you bring it along.

I just want to see an XM-L LED in person to get an idea what reflectors might work with them.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still trying to arrange my schedule. Around what time would be the GT ?

jax

Newly Enlightened
Ottawa is the only CPF GT in Canada I ever heard of. There was a talk about a possible Montreal Gt, but it didn't stick: Thread here. WE could try to get some other guys from Montreal to join, but the only other name that comes to mind right now is JamesMTL514. There's at least 4 of us as far as I can tell... I'll revive the MTL thread to see if derfyled still is subscribed to it.

ok thanks for letting me know :)

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it's going to be cold and clear Saturday.

The full moon is also Saturday, so we'll have extra ambient light at the trail.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
:shakehead

Looks like I won't be able to be there guys... Next year I guess...

Have fun !

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone has an XM-L based light, could you bring it along.

I just want to see an XM-L LED in person to get an idea what reflectors might work with them.

I have a TK70 and a MiniX which are definitely coming

ok thanks for letting me know :)

np

Looks like it's going to be cold and clear Saturday.

The full moon is also Saturday, so we'll have extra ambient light at the trail.

I'm dressing for deep winter cold.

I might not have internet access the rest of the week, so I'll see you guys there.

Might be a good idea to post a google map of the trail head for those who might be late. I'd do it, but crazy schedule right now.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure what time on Dec 10th was chosen? Usual around 6pm?

Looks like Black Rose is shooting for 6:30pm. I should be there at that time having a sandwich.

:shakehead

Looks like I won't be able to be there guys... Next year I guess...

Have fun !

Oh well... I'm still on the lookout for the rest of the Montreal area CPFers to organize a GT around May. Let me know if you spot any of them.

computernut

Enlightened
I'll be bringing my new TK45 and TA21. I've mentioned the meet to a few closet flashaholic friends/coworkers of mine but not sure if any will come.

Last edited:

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I am a little under the weather so I'll have to pass on this meet.

I do have some XM-Ls :) Malkoff HoundDog XM-L, Malkoff M91W (XM-L) 3700k, and a custom Surefire KL1 modded with an XM-L (3 mode with memory, nice wall of light) on a VG FB-2 body. If any of these are of interest to the local guys drop me a PM and we can always meet up some other time.

Wouldn't it be better to meet when it's not a full moon?

Last edited:

computernut

Enlightened
Sorry guys, there was some confusion over the vehicle tonight and I won't be able to make it. I'm just getting over a cold and probably wouldn't have stayed that long anyways. Hope you guys have fun! I was looking forward to seeing that TK70!