Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

Kouryu

Newly Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2015

So just a heads up... Costco is doing a close out sale on their Eneloop packs for $22... I think they're trying to get rid of their old inventory and replace them with the new ones that says "10 years"
This is the pack with 10 AAs, 4 AAAs, and the BQ-CC17 charger... they are the blue/light blue and green/light green wrappers

I picked up a pack today as a Christmas present... funny enough, they have a NOS set on the shelf, just one... a Sanyo one with just 10 AAs with the cases... I wonder how that got there lol

BloodLust

Enlightened

My Hello Kitty Eneloops!
Testing a 2nd gen Xtar XP1 charger. It should put less stress on the solar panels than the 4 bay Guide 10 Plus.
Will try the solar panels on 16340 and 14500s since the XP1 can charge both NiMh and Li-Ions.

11745611_10153423663593433_29601537828643831_n.jpg

Kouryu

Newly Enlightened

Just curious... where are those Hello Kitty edition Eneloops made? All of the ones I've seen are Chinese made

BloodLust

Enlightened

Just curious... where are those Hello Kitty edition Eneloops made? All of the ones I've seen are Chinese made

China as well.

I might be picking up some Disney ones soon if my supplier has them or if I go to Japan next month.
If I end up in Narita, I only have a short stay so no time to go around.
If in Nagoya, here are some electronics shops near the place I stay in.

Last edited:

BloodLust

Enlightened

I know... It seems crazy, right? Used to be counterfeit watches. Now there's probably counterfeit toilet paper around somewhere. :shakehead

Over here, there's a toilet paper brand that has counterfeit circulating.
The company even sent out an advisory on how to spot the counterfeit packaging and quality.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Pretty sure we don't have these Hello Kitty ones in Japan.. and that would be probably the first place to sell them.
Can somebody show some close up pictures of front and back? Not too big please, or just have a link to a high resolution.
First time I've seen these hello kitty ones.

BloodLust

Enlightened

Pretty sure we don't have these Hello Kitty ones in Japan.. and that would be probably the first place to sell them.
Can somebody show some close up pictures of front and back? Not too big please, or just have a link to a high resolution.

Will do. If I need to go to work today, I'll put it up in the next day or so.

Kouryu

Newly Enlightened

there's some good pics on ebay right now

ChibiM

Enlightened

I'm talking about adding the original pics to this thread for reference. So we don't have to search for them..

WDG

Enlightened

Over here, there's a toilet paper brand that has counterfeit circulating.
The company even sent out an advisory on how to spot the counterfeit packaging and quality.
Don't you hate when something that should be just a joke turns out to be really happening? :duh2:

Kouryu

Newly Enlightened

pics of the package (front and back)?

ChibiM

Enlightened

Hopefully I'll get some more free time soon to update the first few posts with the latest information, which I am going to call the 5th generation eneloops.

G166H

Newly Enlightened

I'm in the UK here and I don't have any Eneloop batteries myself, I only found out about them from a friend who is an electrician.

Doing some further research I came across this thread, which I have read in its entirety, to learn now that Eneloop are not what they used to be. However, I understand that the ones made by the FDK Japanese factory are still the real deal, and I'm hoping that I can get some.

I am looking to colour-code my batteries and wanted to know if the following would be the real Eneloop batteries please:

• AA:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Sanyo-Eneloop...n-AA-NiMH-2000mAh-x8-/181845987497?nav=SEARCH

These AA batteries are listed as 2000mAh however the info table at the beginning of this thread (06-21-2013, 03:41 PM) lists the 4th generation's AA as a minimum of 1900, so I suppose that's okay?

It lists the batteries as being rechargeable up to 1500 times, but again the table listed them as 2100 times, which leads me to think that this is just a copy and paste. Again, I'll have to wait for a reply from the seller.

Lastly the serial listed for the batteries is: "8HR-3UTG-SECP-GL" while the post on 06-21-2013, 03:42 PM at the beginning of this thread lists the glitter release "HR-3UTGA-SL" (HR-3UTGA-8*8SL) which is a generation 2, not 4. Which makes more sense with the blurb on eBay now as the listed cycles for generation of AA's one was 1500 and rated at 2000mAh, so to my mind he's listed it as a generation 4 when it should in fact be generation 2.

My worry is that being from 2009 these batteries are six and a half years old now, sure they're new, but how well will they work? Yes, I want them for their colour, I intend to use them as well, for low powered devices like food Scales (The Orange Chef Countertop) and other mundane things.

I also plan to get a Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne battery charger to look after them properly, but seem as though they're out of their five year guarantee as it were, what kind of condition will they be in now? The Glamorous ones from 2013 are okay looking, but they're not glitter!

• AAA:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181839645187?_mwBanner=1

These batteries appear to be from the same period and thus 2nd generation ("HR-4UTGA-S4G") and listed as 800mAh with a cycle of 1500, which reads as 750mAh on the table at the beginning of the thread (06-21-2013, 03:42 PM).

There doesn't appear to be much in the way of imagery online about these batteries in AAA form. Even the tables at the beginning of this thread list them as "not existing", so are these fakes?

I am encouraged as the listings both have "Sanyo" as their manufacturer and the glitter variety was released as second generation batteries in 2009, this seems to be a pre-China period (or, outside of FDK) - but are they too old?

• Amazon UK lists the tropical variety up up to 70% here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FASV2XG/

They're from resellers, but there's only one, from Germany. I've not yet received a reply whether these are "Made in Japan" or not. This is listed as ("HR-3UTGB-8BP") on the table published at the beginning of this post (06-21-2013, 03:42 PM) but I only see it listed as "HR-3UTGBTPE", which is the third generation, they should be 2000mAh but are listed as 1900mAh on Amazon so I'm not sure if these are the FDK made ones, although the packet states a retention rate of 70%.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened

Wow, you read this thread in its entirety, and you still have questions? ;p
just joking.

okay, my first advice would be...for everyone here, to buy from a good reliable source, and eBay is usually not one of them.
Once you find a reliable source, you dont need to ask the "is this the real deal"question anymore :)

The batteries you found are the 2nd generation eneloops with 1500cycles...made under the Sanyo brand, Not Panasonic... (did you really read this entire thread?)just joking
I dont see them claiming they are 4th gen!
I can assure you that real 2nd gen eneloops will work flawlessly even when they sat unused for 6 years.. maybe you need to do a refresh, but they are still good to go.
Only as a collector I would buy these cells though, or just for the colors.

onto the AAA
Please have a look again at the table.. and look for the glitter tones, and you'll see them mentioned as existing, not non-existing.. they are called (in Japan) HR-4UTGA-8SL
No, they arent too old. You can use them, and they will fully work, if they are real.

and to the Tropical forest.
These tropical editions were produced for the European market. (not available in Japan)
in 2013 (before they were called Panasonic eneloops) and the plant that now is owned by Fujitsu (FDK) has been producing eneloops for years...
so they are still Sanyo eneloops.

And when they state 2000mAh it is called a Typical rating... while the 1900 is called a Minimum rating..
Because eneloops in Japan only show minimum rating, I stopped using Typical rating...

hope that cleared a few clouds ;)

ChibiM

Enlightened

Added some details about the 5th generation eneloops to the first few posts in this thread.

unfortunately with all the different details/coding in different regions, its pretty hard to keep the tables/details simple...
sorry about that.

if you think you have a better idea of labeling them, feel free to let me know or send me a PM. thanks

G166H

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for your reply. I need this information to make an informed purchase.

I think he changed his posting because I informed him of the errors, but he certainly did label them as 4th Gen on his auction, he replied back that he would amend it.

I was looking at a different table from the OP that stated there was no AAA Glitter, I think I got confused, there was a lot to absorb, especially once the history of the exchange was being talked about.

Hood to hear about the glitter batteries, I was hoping they'd still be good. I think I'll get some, but knowing that the newer EU block coloured Tropical Forest versions were still good I'll get some of those as well, good to know those are the real deal as well, I don't suppose then that I would have to check if they were from China, if they're only from FDK?

That's the thing about sourcing, I don't know where to get some outside of eBay and Amazon, I think you or somebody else used to take orders, but not any more, where would I get a good source from please?

Also, I've not used or gotten a Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne battery charger yet and wanted to know if there was a method to test if the batteries were genuine, how to tell? I'll admit I don't really understand the process (but have read how it's not that complicated and can be understood quite quickly) but is there a test that only *real* Envelop could pass please?

Thanks again!

G166H

Newly Enlightened

What about these plain white Fujitsu batteries then, are they the new Envelops, should I think about those?