Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

nimanchev

Newly Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2014

I do not own any, I guess I could buy one, but why bother, as I am not sure what would I use it for more than once or twice, and I do not know if I can see the difference in brightness, while I am on the road.You might click here to see a quick photo of what I have left, after selling the white Eneloops and the green GP Recykos to a friend of mine.The Btone and Uniross have poor wrap quality around the edges, it looks like partially melted one :

Power Me Up

Enlightened

I do not own any, I guess I could buy one, but why bother, as I am not sure what would I use it for more than once or twice, and I do not know if I can see the difference in brightness, while I am on the road.You might click here to see a quick photo of what I have left, after selling the white Eneloops and the green GP Recykos to a friend of mine.The Btone and Uniross have poor wrap quality around the edges, it looks like partially melted one :

My guess at what is happening is that your light is dropping down to a lower setting when you're using alkalines and their voltage has dropped down a bit and that's why they're lasting longer. I wouldn't consider that a failing of the rechargeables but rather just a consequence of the way that your light works.

As long as you're not noticing the difference in brightness and you're happy to keep buying more alkalines all the time, then you may as well continue doing so. Personally, I'd use the Eneloops or other rechargeables even with shorter run times since it would be a lot cheaper in the long run, but that doesn't mean that you have to do the same.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Thanks Nimanchev for doing these tests... Always appreciated.
Maybe a good idea to also start a new thread with your findings, so it will be easier to find by others, when they search about those Uniross batteries,
or even for those alkaline batteries.
Keep in mind that 13EUR is 18USD.. and for 19USD you can have a 4 pack of AA PRO, that I sell on cpfm, shipped worldwide. Which I would prefer over the Uniross, just because there is not much tests around looking at the quality in the longer run. While eneloop has a proven countability.
Also, keep in mind that in a year of using and throwing away Alkaline batteries, not only would you save your wallet, also the environment ;) by choosing rechargeable batteries.

nimanchev

Newly Enlightened

Well, I did this only because you were interested to see.There are hundreds of different lights, so I doubt that anyone else over the forum has the same model as mine.19 USD shipped is a very good price, but unfortunately, I will have to pay 3 EUR tax + 20 % VAT, when receiving something outside of the EU, while the Uniross from the UK is OK.The XX are overpriced in the EU, they cost 20 EUR in my country, exluding delivery ( ! ) I have also read many CPF posts about the XX being overpriced.One member even said that after 160 cycles, the XX dropped to the level of the proven white Eneloops.So, I guess some other member owes me an apology ( cough cough ).

P.S I had bought the Sanyo MQR06 kit charger with the bundled HR-3UWXA batteries, as they were on sale.I tested the batteries in my light with identical results as the ones previously posted.

kingwellenergy

Newly Enlightened

That is very comprehensive.But I don't know them.There are two 18650 batteries in my flashlight.

europium

Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

I'm about to pick up some new eneloops, and I can't quite figure out which one to get. I've been looking at this one on amazon, SEC-HR3U8BPN, which is the same one currently listed on the Sanyo site (see battery spec chart near bottom of page for additional info).

Yet, going by this thread, it seems I should be looking to pick up HR-3UTGB, which would be this one on amazon.

Which one is the most current version? SEC-HR3U8BPN, according to the sanyo site, only gives 1500 cycles with 75% charge maintenance after 3yrs non-use, while the HR-3UTGB is supposed to give 1800 with 70% charge maintenance after 5yrs non-use (according to the OP list). The amazon ad for HR-3UTGB says 75% capacity after 5 years storage. It seems like HR-3UTGB is the one to get, but it isn't listed on the Sanyon site. Furthermore, HR-3U8BPN (or whatever pack iteration) is getting all the sales on amazon and was made available on amazon at a later date than the HR-3UTGB one I linked (suggesting a newer model, if "made available" date is any indication). I'm just thrown off by all the nomenclature which seems to vary by source....
I purchased an 8-pack of Eneloop AA batteries listed as SEC-HR3U8BPN on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UG41XW/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Although the outside packaging claims 1800 recharge cycles and 70% capacity after 5 years, all of the cells inside are all labeled HR-3UTGA, which matches 2nd generation batteries. Rather than these being 3rd gen. cells inside 2nd gen. wrappers, it seems more likely to me that these are indeed 2nd gen. cells appropriately wrapped and that they were subsequently placed inside 3rd gen. packaging.

BTW, these were purchased directly from Amazon, LLC.

BloodLust

Enlightened

For now, I have HR-3UTGA, 11-05LX in Pink and Yellow.
I can't seem to find my white ones and don't know which Gen they are. Probably 1st.
Am picking up some Disney ones soon.

I was wondering where my Sanyo Harmolattice 2500mAh (metallic red/orange wrapper) fall into?
It has "Powered by Eneloop technology" printed on the side.
Some say that they are the same as the Eneloop XX.
Their code:
HR-3U25HM
10-11UG
Min. 2,400mAh

ChibiM

Enlightened

Where do you get those Disney ones from?
They are older eneloops, and limited editions, so likely they are going to be quite a bit more expensive than regular ones.

the Sanyo Harmollatic ARE eneloop XX batteries. The only difference is that the Harmolattice don`t come pre-charged... so they are basically empty XX/PRO batteries

BloodLust

Enlightened

Just old stock from one of the local battery dealers here. It's a store that specializes in just batteries and chargers.
From Alkalines and Lithium primaries to Li-Ions. Standard sizes and specialty ones as well for other type of electronics.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Just wondering how much they'll charge for them..

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Sarratt

Enlightened

BloodLust

Enlightened

Just wondering how much they'll charge for them..

If I'm not mistaken, around US$3.50-$4 each. Imported stuff are expensive here. I'm just getting 4pcs. 2 of the Mickey Mouse bodies and 2 of another design to be used as pairs.
Color coding my batteries makes it easier that I use the same age cells and that they get charged together.
For single cell usage, I use the Eneloop Tropical since they have different colors.

soontobetold

Newly Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

Which charger should I get for: 3rd Gen Pro AA (BK-3HCC), 4th Gen Std AA (BK-3MCC) and 4th Gen Std AA (BK-4MCC)

ChibiM

Enlightened

There is no need for an eneloop charger if you can buy a Maha C9000, which has many more functions.
if you want to keep it plain simple, yes, you can buy an eneloop charger, but take note that look for the better ones.
Not time based chargers, but rather a "Smart-Charger" that can detect when the batteries are full.

soontobetold

Newly Enlightened

There is no need for an eneloop charger if you can buy a Maha C9000, which has many more functions.
if you want to keep it plain simple, yes, you can buy an eneloop charger, but take note that look for the better ones.
Not time based chargers, but rather a "Smart-Charger" that can detect when the batteries are full.
Can you advise which Eneloop charger specifically should I get? I want something simple.

Is this the MAHA C9000 you are talking about? http://amzn.com/B003DIGKOG

ChibiM

Enlightened

Hi,
I'm not sure which eneloop chargers are available in your area. There are quite a few different ones. The Maha goes for about $50-$70, while a simple eneloop charger is much cheaper, probably around $20-$30 including eneloop cells.
If you think you want to learn more about batteries etc, then the Maha is a good but expensive choice.. there are also other chargers which are cheaper, like the lacrosse bc700 etc but with the same kind of functionality as the Maha, but that is better to talk about in another thread...this is about eneloops..links are fine to post, but we shouldn't get too much off topic.
Do a little research, and I would suggest one of those multi functional chargers over a simple eneloop charger.