• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fockus

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Hi

1.4 amps is as high as I like to push a XRE, at 1.4 amps it is 40% higher amperage than the manufacturer suggests. Once you go by 1.4 amps the emitter starts to color shift which usually means trouble is a brewing.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. What are your opinions on 1A - 1.3A versions of the R2 as far as lux/lifetime ratio is concerned? Also, would this be the ez1000?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Thanks, Dave. What are your opinions on 1A - 1.3A versions of the R2 as far as lux/lifetime ratio is concerned? Also, would this be the ez1000?

Hi

There is nothing wrong with pushing them at 1.4 amps but you asked about more than that. I have not had anyone have problems with it at 1.4 amps. No I have no 1.3 amps a tenth of a amp is not enough difference to stock. I have 1amp but I have never measured lumens on it.

No they will not be EZ 1000, they are almost impossible to find and I have found no one that can accurately stock them and send them.

Dave

fockus

Newly Enlightened

I see, then 1.4A it is. Last question: do your 8-degree TIR optics have similar lux/throw as the ~28mm aspherics?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see, then 1.4A it is. Last question: do your 8-degree TIR optics have similar lux/throw as the ~28mm aspherics?

Hi

I really don't know the answer to that question other than TIR optics are nothing like aspherics. These are flat nosed optics and fit inside a flat glassed lamphead. They will not throw the square looking beam, these produce a round beam pattern. These are only 20mm optics not 28mm so I would think there is probably a bit of difference. Make sure you like the look of a optic like beam, these will look much like a surefire optics based host would look.
If a person doesn't mind concentric rings I still think a smooth reflector gives some of the brightest returns. The optics certainly give a smoother beam profile but I don't believe brighter.

Dave

fockus

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, Dave. Paypal sent for one XR-E R2, SMO reflector, 3.6v-6v 1.4A, potted.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, Dave. Paypal sent for one XR-E R2, SMO reflector, 3.6v-6v 1.4A, potted.

Hi

Sean do you want levels with this or just a single level. They are available in 1 / 3 / 5 levels.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
... all questions "solved",

:paypal: 8LY062908V358052K
for

1 module,
XM-L
T60 3C daylight white
2.8 A
3 level (low-med-high)
Op reflector
potted

40+5+5 (int.shipping)+4%= 52

... bored FM 6P 18650 host

fockus

Newly Enlightened

Hi

Sean do you want levels with this or just a single level. They are available in 1 / 3 / 5 levels.
Oops, didn't realize other level options were available for the XPE/XRE. May I have the 3-level (Hi / Low / Strobe) in regulation mode please? Thanks.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oops, didn't realize other level options were available for the XPE/XRE. May I have the 3-level (Hi / Low / Strobe) in regulation mode please? Thanks.

Hi

I am sorry I should have explained better the 3 level in this driver is just H/M/L if you want strobe you have to go with 5 level that is H/ M/ L/ SOS / Strobe.

Dave

fockus

Newly Enlightened

Hi

I am sorry I should have explained better the 3 level in this driver is just H/M/L if you want strobe you have to go with 5 level that is H/ M/ L/ SOS / Strobe.

Dave
Hi, no problem. I'll take that 5-level if it's regulated. Thanks.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

PP sent for Linger repair!
dropping in mail today.

its not a rush at all so take yer time.

thanks!!

OneBigDay

Enlightened

Hi Dave,

I wanted to say thanks for the XM-L running on the 1.4 amp drivers. I haven't done any scientific comparisons but to my eye I would never guess it is underdriven. Plenty bright for normal stuff and I love the beam profile and efficiency of the XM-L compared to the narrower viewing angles of other emitters. Great option, thanks.

The driver actually has 3 UIs. They go like this...
L/M/H
L/M/H/Slow Strobe/Pulsing Fast Strobe/Medium Beacon/Fast Beacon/Slow Beacon/SOS
L/M/H/Slow Strobe/Medium beacon/SOS

They are hidden from each other so it is nice to have options. :cool:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,

I wanted to say thanks for the XM-L running on the 1.4 amp drivers. I haven't done any scientific comparisons but to my eye I would never guess it is underdriven. Plenty bright for normal stuff and I love the beam profile and efficiency of the XM-L compared to the narrower viewing angles of other emitters. Great option, thanks.

The driver actually has 3 UIs. They go like this...
L/M/H
L/M/H/Slow Strobe/Pulsing Fast Strobe/Medium Beacon/Fast Beacon/Slow Beacon/SOS
L/M/H/Slow Strobe/Medium beacon/SOS

They are hidden from each other so it is nice to have options. :cool:

Hi

I am glad it was as you wanted and I had the driver you were looking for. I had forgotten it had the 5 level UI on that board also the UI with all the strobes has some that will pure make you dizzy they are so fast.

Have a good week.

Dave

kland1234

Newly Enlightened

Hello Dave or maybe someone else can chime in. I have multiple Nailbender modules and love them, but I recently loaned a 3 mode, XPG, 1.4A 6V max module to a friend of mine and it came back as a 5 mode?? I figure there is a combination of clicks to lock/unlock to get to the modes? How can I get it back to 3 mode? Thanks to all.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Dave or maybe someone else can chime in. I have multiple Nailbender modules and love them, but I recently loaned a 3 mode, XPG, 1.4A 6V max module to a friend of mine and it came back as a 5 mode?? I figure there is a combination of clicks to lock/unlock to get to the modes? How can I get it back to 3 mode? Thanks to all.

Hi

Go to low level wait for the 10 second blink, immediately turn it off and back on and it will change UI's

Dave

kland1234

Newly Enlightened

Hi

Go to low level wait for the 10 second blink, immediately turn it off and back on and it will change UI's

Dave

Cool man, Thanks! You and your products Rock. It is amazing the progression in efficiency and lumens from your first modules to the recent versions. I have some of the older modules and I am constantly amazed by the current crop of emitters and bins! Seems like I never have enough Nailbender modules. My favs are my Linger special and t6 XML! Keep up the great work.
kbb

FLGUY

Newly Enlightened

Hey can you pm me your paypal info please. Thats actually the reason i registered and havent been able to figure it out thus far. Thanks

robinkristanto

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave,

Want to ask about the XML T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white, what's the difference between that and T6 1C/1D coolwhite? do you have the beamshot photo?

I want a good runtime using P60 XML drop in with 1x18650 battery for around 400 - 500 lumens in high, which driver I have to choose? the 1.4A or 2.8A?

Thanks.

SwatDude

Newly Enlightened

Hey can you pm me your paypal info please. Thats actually the reason i registered and havent been able to figure it out thus far. Thanks

Click on his name in his post above and select view profile.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,

Want to ask about the XML T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white, what's the difference between that and T6 1C/1D coolwhite? do you have the beamshot photo?

I want a good runtime using P60 XML drop in with 1x18650 battery for around 400 - 500 lumens in high, which driver I have to choose? the 1.4A or 2.8A?

Thanks.

HI

As you have stated the 3C is 5000k close to a daylight white, the 1C is a 6500k coolwhite. It is more of a bright white while as I stated the 5000k is more of a daylight white possibly a bit creamier.

To get 400 lumens the 1.4 amp is probably about right. If you want 500 we will need to go to more like 2.1 amps. At 2.8 amps it will yield closer to 650.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.