• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 97529

Ok, so:

LED: Cree UV XL 7090 $45 (395nm)
Reflector: LOP
Driver: 1 level 2.8-6 volts 1.2A
Potting + copper tape $5

LED: Cree XM-L $40 T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
Driver: 1 level 3x Li-ion 1A (what's the voltage range of these?)
Potting + copper tape $5

Total: $95

Please tell me when you're ready for me to send paypal. Thank you!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so:

LED: Cree UV XL 7090 $45 (395nm)
Driver: 1 level 2.8-6 volts 1.2A
Potting + copper tape $5

LED: Cree XM-L $40 T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
Driver: 1 level 3x Li-ion 1A (what's the voltage range of these?)
Potting + copper tape $5

Total: $95

Please tell me when you're ready for me to send paypal. Thank you!

Hi

The voltage range on the XML is 3.6-18 volts

You can send when ever you are ready as I have all parts needed

Dave

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: (Unique Transaction ID # 0XY75798H7655872X)

Cree XM-L $40
U2 bin 1A Cool White
2.8-6 volts pushed to 3.1 amps
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated w/memory
SMO Reflector
Potting with copper tape is a $5

D

Deleted member 97529

Can you focus both drop-ins for maximum throw at the center of the beam (no donut hole)? Thanks!

Hi

The voltage range on the XML is 3.6-18 volts

You can send when ever you are ready as I have all parts needed

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All

I have had a few members ask if I can produce the XML's at a higher amperage, I have now listed a 3.5 amp regulated module. Now realize that this is almost impossible to reach this amperage on a average 18650. I have done repeated tests and with a IMR you may be able to reach this but the best batt to use with this high of amperage is 26650's. I have also tested up to 4.2 amp drivers and even when using my 20 amp power supply when powered at 4.2 volts most of the time you will only achieve about 3.7 amps and this is hooked up direct with no resistance from a host or switch. I am willing to furnish as you want but I want to be fair and let you know that seldom will you be able to reach 4.2 amps with a single li ion.

While not a double E I do believe that part of it is just not enough voltage to run the driver at that high of amperage. Once I increase the voltage to even just 4.8 volts then I am able to achieve the full 4.2 volts and when potted properly the emitter does run OK. The only battery config that I was able to get close to the 4.2 amps at the tail was using 2X lifepo4 which again furnishes the higher voltage needed to be able to get a regulated driver to perform as wanted at this amperage.

Sorry for the long post but since they have been asked for I wanted to offer them but I also wanted to do some real live testing so no one is disappointed with results. I have for a few days been running a 3.5 amp driver with 2X lifepo4 PROPERLY CHARGED batts with good results and no emitter problems.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhhhhhh right after I ordered a 3.1 :)

Hey Dave if it's not too late can I change it to a 3.5a?
I'm going to be running it from a
1s4p 18650 pack.
If its too late - not the end of the world.

The fivemega 1s2p host would be a good one for this drop also yah?

brandocommando

Enlightened
Hey Dave, I have some 26650's and just ordered a COOLY (should be here tomorrow.) I want to get all I can out of this set up. And I have a quick question...

Which would be brighter, a 3.5 regulated XM-L or one of your DD SST-90's?

I know the 90' is flood-ier, which is fine. I just have several XM-L's already (3 are from you..) and I have never owned a light yet that used an SST-90. Just thinking about doing something a little bit different...

Would I need a FETtie for the 90'? I am not sure what kind of amps this would draw...

Thanks!

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^
Noctis melted a McClicky with a DD90 but he had soldered thick copper wire to the spring for less resistance and done a few other things.

Also, you might want to send Bic C a PM or do a search for his "burn in" method for SST90 which lowers the VF.

I've been considering a DD90module too for a HL host that runs on 4x18650 in parallel. I'm not sure I'd be able to have any modes tho unless it had a resistor or something or maybe Dave could short a driver out so that it would be DD on high?

I'll try a 3.5 XM-L first (unless it's too late then 3.1)
I'm wondering how much gain there is going to 3.5 over 3.1 assuming the batteries don't sag 4x 3100mah Panasonics?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dave, I have some 26650's and just ordered a COOLY (should be here tomorrow.) I want to get all I can out of this set up. And I have a quick question...

Which would be brighter, a 3.5 regulated XM-L or one of your DD SST-90's?

I know the 90' is flood-ier, which is fine. I just have several XM-L's already (3 are from you..) and I have never owned a light yet that used an SST-90. Just thinking about doing something a little bit different...

Would I need a FETtie for the 90'? I am not sure what kind of amps this would draw...

Thanks!

Hi

I have to admit I am not sure which will be brighter. I have built some DD SST 90's that Big Chelis has measured at close to 1000 lumen but realize this is for a Short time. I have nto had any of the XML's measured but they are much more efficient. I have not had any McClickies melt but I have heard of some. I wish I had more info but as I said I have not had any melt. I have the top binned 5700k SST 90 equal to coolwhite in flux bins if wanted.

I don't think you would have too much problems as FM runs a direct drive SST 90

Dave

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^
Noctis melted a McClicky with a DD90 but he had soldered thick copper wire to the spring for less resistance and done a few other things.

Also, you might want to send Bic C a PM or do a search for his "burn in" method for SST90 which lowers the VF.

I've been considering a DD90module too for a HL host that runs on 4x18650 in parallel. I'm not sure I'd be able to have any modes tho unless it had a resistor or something or maybe Dave could short a driver out so that it would be DD on high?

I'll try a 3.5 XM-L first (unless it's too late then 3.1)
I'm wondering how much gain there is going to 3.5 over 3.1 assuming the batteries don't sag 4x 3100mah Panasonics?

Hi

I will open your package and add a resistor no problem. As for levels on direct drive, any levels added to direct drive will certainly cost amps since there has to be a way to protect the micro processor, I used to order direct drive and they worked well but they did cost a small amount of amperage no doubt about it.
I would be very careful using using a direct drive for a 4X18650 parallel set up, they will often furnish well more amperage than wanted since parallel adds amperage but not voltage. We have had some problems just using 2X 18650 IMR in parallel. There is a limit as to what a module will sustain. As I have many times said, we use a 3 oz heatsink in a maglite for SST 90's while mailing package and all is only about 2 Oz for modules, potting will only help so much. That is just one way to show that modules only have so much heat sink abilities not matter what you do to them. Best way to determine is do you want a WOW or user light as one will be able to run much longer than the other.

As for regulated and the 4X set up that should not be a problem and as I said I will add another resistor.

Dave

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Dave - I probably am confusing things. I meant a resistor as a way for mods on a prospective DD module.

The 2mode 3.1a XM-L I ordered wouldnt need one as its regulated yeah?

Or did u mean it needs a resistor as I'll be using it with 1s4p 18650 mostly?

I was saying in my earlier post in reply to yer new 3.5a option that if it wasn't too late I'd be down with trying that but if it was built n potted already not to worry.
I doubt 3.5a is all that much brighter than 3.1a.

Sorry if I have confused things ;)

With the HL host being somewhat beefy and finned+ the cells being remote, constant use outside on my bike helmet @3.1 seems relatively safe.

It's usually 45-55 here at night.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Dave - I probably am confusing things. I meant a resistor as a way for mods on a prospective DD module.

The 2mode 3.1a XM-L I ordered wouldnt need one as its regulated yeah?

Or did u mean it needs a resistor as I'll be using it with 1s4p 18650 mostly?

I was saying in my earlier post in reply to yer new 3.5a option that if it wasn't too late I'd be down with trying that but if it was built n potted already not to worry.
I doubt 3.5a is all that much brighter than 3.1a.

Sorry if I have confused things ;)

With the HL host being somewhat beefy and finned+ the cells being remote, constant use outside on my bike helmet @3.1 seems relatively safe.

It's usually 45-55 here at night.

Hi

I understand question, the 3.5 amp will be fine in the host you want to use it with and yes I have to add a resistor to the regulated driver to get it to the amperage requested.

Thanks

Dave

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooops my bad ;)
Im reading a NEETS navy electronics manual slowly learning about electronics and still don't totally understand how a buck driver works or linear regulator etc.
I'm going to get me self edjuhmukated soon.

More 7135s=more amps and 3x 1.4nanjg boards crammed in for 4.2 assuming
Anyways I'll post a ? Thread on the electronics board and stop clogging up yer sales space.

Thanks for offering these new high amp options!!

Last edited:

mandrake

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:Dave,
I would like to buy a 2.8-6 volts only
XML-U2 bin 1A Cool White

3.1 Amp
3 level low/med/hi regulated
LOP reflector Potted with tape
$45
Will use in FM Cooly

Last edited:

thaugen

Enlightened
My XM-L Neutral White drop in arrived today and I am very impressed with the tint, quality and service. Thanks for producing and selling such a great product! Keep up the great work!

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Hi Dave,
I'd like:

XR-E Neutral White (Q45B or similar alternate),
TIR / 8 degree Optic,
3.6-8.4V Regulated,
3-Mode (High/Med/Low), with Memory,
Potted, and copper-taped,

For use in a SolarForce L2P (forward clicky),
Running on 2x CR123 (with a battery magazine to minimize rattle/motion.)
Standard 1st​-class shipping.
$42.
Paypal Sent.
Thank you.
Regards,
Tom

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the top binned 5700k SST 90 equal to coolwhite in flux bins if wanted.

Dave

Hi Dave
I have just got a few new 26650 host and would like to use some DD SST-90's 1x D26 1x D36.
My Question is can you order in any 6500K Cool White ?
I already have one of your 5700K SST-90's and would like a cooler one if possible?

thanks

rgbgum

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,
I would like it for my FM Cooly.
T30 flux bin E7 3000K Warm White
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
3.5 amps
OP Reflector

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave
I have just got a few new 26650 host and would like to use some DD SST-90's 1x D26 1x D36.
My Question is can you order in any 6500K Cool White ?
I already have one of your 5700K SST-90's and would like a cooler one if possible?

thanks

Hi

I will check and see if they have some now. The last time they did not have the WN flux bin which is why I ordered the 5700k emitters.

I will let you know in awhile.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,
I would like it for my FM Cooly.
T30 flux bin E7 3000K Warm White
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
3.5 amps
OP Reflector

How much is shipping to Taiwan?

Hi

1st class Int is $5, priority mail Int is $15 and I would have to check how much for express mail but if I remember right close to $30

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.