• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Hi

The XPE is a narrower beam angle than the Hyper-red. The hyper red is a slightly deeper red but not by much as the XPE is 620nm and the hyper red is 625nm. As I said the XPE will have a narrower beam angle and the lumens will be close to the same between the two

Dave

thanks! I'll be placing an order this week, I appreciate your work man!

Yogi1Kanobee

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Is there also a strobe, did you get a 5 level by mistake. If there is 3 level SOS and a fast strobe then I made a mistake. If it is a constant slow strobe then it is a low battery warning. Let me know and we will get it solved, if it is the wrong levels I will have to replace the module.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I tried it again, at night with my NV set up, and I'm pretty sure it is a 5 mode module. I get the sos, strobe effect and 3 other levels!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Dave, more please. Please send me two more described below. The total is $90.

PayPal id: 6K3118852W3485157

LED = XML U2 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
driver = 2.8-6 volt regulated; 5 mode (High, Med, Low, SOS, Strobe) with memory; 2.8 amps max.
reflector = Smooth
Additional $5 for potting and tape
Total $40 + $5 = $45 X 2 = $90.00
Will be run in bored Surefire C2's with 1X18650 or 2XCR123A primaries

Hi

Modules are posted and will ship in AM

Thanks

Dave

aotb

Newly Enlightened
hi, new here. This is what I'd like:

P60 drop-in
Luminus SST-50
1 Level direct drive
6500K Cool White

If you could tell me the cost and what the next step is, I'd appreciate it!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi, new here. This is what I'd like:

P60 drop-in
Luminus SST-50
1 Level direct drive
6500K Cool White

If you could tell me the cost and what the next step is, I'd appreciate it!

Hi

As posted on the first page they are $55 potting included with direct drive modules. Do realize that direct drive is limited to 4.2 volts meaning 1X li ion or such.

Shipping is included in the US or is $5 for 1st class Int.

paypal is sales at customlites.com please put CPF nickname and what ordered in PP notes.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:

enracaed

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'd like to order the following:

1 Nichia 4500k 92CRI neutral $35.00
3 level 2.8-6 volts with memory/1.4 amp
OP reflector
Potting with copper tape + $5.00
total: $40.00

The host is a surefire 6p using 2 primary cr123 batteries.

I could not access your info or send PM. Can you send me your email for payment?

Thanks,

Ed

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I'd like to order the following:

1 Nichia 4500k 92CRI neutral $35.00
3 level 2.8-6 volts with memory/1.4 amp
OP reflector
Potting with copper tape + $5.00
total: $40.00

The host is a surefire 6p using 2 primary cr123 batteries.

I could not access your info or send PM. Can you send me your email for payment?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi

It takes 2 posts before you can be vetted so you can send PM's and check bio's. My paypal is in the post above this one just substitute the at with the appropriate symbol in the address. Please put CPF nickname and what ordered in PP notes.

Thanks

Dave

enracaed

Newly Enlightened
Hi

It takes 2 posts before you can be vetted so you can send PM's and check bio's. My paypal is in the post above this one just substitute the at with the appropriate symbol in the address. Please put CPF nickname and what ordered in PP notes.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks for the info...
pixel.gif

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 09R56323UE021190S)

now I just need one more reply to be vetted in.

aotb

Newly Enlightened
Hi

As posted on the first page they are $55 potting included with direct drive modules. Do realize that direct drive is limited to 4.2 volts meaning 1X li ion or such.

Shipping is included in the US or is $5 for 1st class Int.

paypal is sales at customlites.com please put CPF nickname and what ordered in PP notes.

Thanks

Dave

Payment sent. Thank you!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

NB, I'm ready to order a dual nichia linger special, can I do:

DUAL Nichia (Linger Special)$45 2 level high/low? with potting? what amperage level should I get?

this'll go in 6Ps and a 26650 host by FM, so it'll be going between whatever I want it in, ya know

either way, we're looking at $50 total, correct?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

NB, I'm ready to order a dual nichia linger special, can I do:

DUAL Nichia (Linger Special)$45 2 level high/low? with potting? what amperage level should I get?

this'll go in 6Ps and a 26650 host by FM, so it'll be going between whatever I want it in, ya know

either way, we're looking at $50 total, correct?

Hi

The price is correct, I would go with 2.8 amps.

thanks

Dave

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

The price is correct, I would go with 2.8 amps.

thanks

Dave

thanks a lot bud! I've told my coworker detective who is also big into flashlights about your stuff, too :D

edit: money sent to you for the 2.8 amp, dual Nichia, high/low potted P60 drop-in. thanks!

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 3LU072631P425934V)
Cree XM-L $40
T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
Direct drive
1 Level only (potting and tape included this model only) works well in the 26650 Cooly's by Five Mega.
I am using it in a cooly with a 26650 battery

Default Username

Newly Enlightened

Hi. How would the beam on one of your single Nichia 219 P60's with OP reflector compare to a typical XM-L P60 with smooth reflector? Thanks

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi. How would the beam on one of your single Nichia 219 P60's with OP reflector compare to a typical XM-L P60 with smooth reflector? Thanks

Hi

Those are hard to compare when one has 700 lumens and one 200, the shear strength of the XML means a much larger hotspot. The nichia's beam is much like a XPG both in size and shape.
The Nichia is not terrible in a smooth, it will have a few rings as a XPG would but it has a nice hotspot. The rings are no where as noticeably as a XRE.

Dave

Default Username

Newly Enlightened

Hi

Those are hard to compare when one has 700 lumens and one 200, the shear strength of the XML means a much larger hotspot. The nichia's beam is much like a XPG both in size and shape.
The Nichia is not terrible in a smooth, it will have a few rings as a XPG would but it has a nice hotspot. The rings are no where as noticeably as a XRE.

Dave
Sorry for not clarifying. I'm more concerned about how floody the beam of a Nichia 219 w/ OP reflector is in comparison to a P60 XML w/ smooth reflector. Output is not much of a concern; I'd be happy with an output of ~150-200 lumens.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for not clarifying. I'm more concerned about how floody the beam of a Nichia 219 w/ OP reflector is in comparison to a P60 XML w/ smooth reflector. Output is not much of a concern; I'd be happy with an output of ~150-200 lumens.

Hi

Any op is going to be more floody than a smooth, a smooth is going to give you a distinct hotspot where as any emitter in a op will be more diffused and blended.
I have new op reflectors made for XPG's and the Nichia's look very good in these since their beam profile is much like the XPG. The finish from the new company is very good and gives a very smooth beam with adequate spill and some throw.

Dave

SaturnNyne

Enlightened

My Nichia Linger arrived (very quickly) a few weeks ago... and it's amazing. I've been using it as my primary walking light, photo light, and color checker. I took it out for a walk with a friend and we both agreed that it's hard not to call it the best emitter we've ever seen. It's not as pretty and "charming" as some of the warmer high CRIs when outdoors, but its stunning neutrality and accuracy are unmistakeable. My friend's comment when he saw it was that it was like putting on his glasses, the way everything just became clear under the light of the Nichias. Very glad I tried this, it's kind of a game changer. I'd already gotten used to high CRI emitters to the point that regular LEDs no longer held much interest for me; now I feel pickier still because anything that's not both high CRI and neutral will feel like a step back. The light from the Nichias is more like sunlight than any other I've ever seen, to the point that I compared it on a wall next to a beam of afternoon sunlight and the difference between them was not glaring.

There are a few minor issues that I'll mention just for the sake of completeness. As expected, there's a hole in the middle of the beam. It's obvious enough to be sometimes distracting in use, but I mostly use it with a diffuser. The UI... works. It's not slick, it's not always reliable or predictable, but it does provide three useful levels that can be switched without too much aggravation. As predicted in the description, it does not work in my G2Z, but it works fine in the 6P after cutting the spring down to one ring. The only real annoyance is that twisting the light on confuses the module. If I twist it on, it more often than not blinks to indicate low battery. Some kind of grounding/resistance issue perhaps? To get around this, I have to activate it with the momentary button and then twist it to constant on while holding the button.

Back on the positive side, and a very important issue for me, I can detect no PWM! I'm sensitive enough to pulsing that it stops me from using certain levels on some lights, but I can't see the PWM on this module at all! Very relieved and happy about that!

Thanks again, Dave! This module has made my 6P useful again, and the quality of light it produces has made it a new benchmark by which all others are now judged. I've already reconsidered/canceled plans to get a new light I'd been wanting because the emitter it uses no longer seems to have anything to offer me now that I've got this pair of Nichias.

I noticed someone recently asked what the Linger looks like, so here's a photo I took when I first received it.

And here's a photo I took using only the Nichia Linger for lighting with white balance set to sunlight, straight off camera.

(You can click it to see larger versions. The camera settings emphasize greens and blues a little, so this isn't a strictly accurate representation of what the light looks like, but I think it gives a pretty good idea of how high the quality is and how close it is to the WB's definition of sunlight.)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Nichia Linger arrived (very quickly) a few weeks ago... and it's amazing. I've been using it as my primary walking light, photo light, and color checker. I took it out for a walk with a friend and we both agreed that it's hard not to call it the best emitter we've ever seen. It's not as pretty and "charming" as some of the warmer high CRIs when outdoors, but its stunning neutrality and accuracy are unmistakeable. My friend's comment when he saw it was that it was like putting on his glasses, the way everything just became clear under the light of the Nichias. Very glad I tried this, it's kind of a game changer. I'd already gotten used to high CRI emitters to the point that regular LEDs no longer held much interest for me; now I feel pickier still because anything that's not both high CRI and neutral will feel like a step back. The light from the Nichias is more like sunlight than any other I've ever seen, to the point that I compared it on a wall next to a beam of afternoon sunlight and the difference between them was not glaring.

There are a few minor issues that I'll mention just for the sake of completeness. As expected, there's a hole in the middle of the beam. It's obvious enough to be sometimes distracting in use, but I mostly use it with a diffuser. The UI... works. It's not slick, it's not always reliable or predictable, but it does provide three useful levels that can be switched without too much aggravation. As predicted in the description, it does not work in my G2Z, but it works fine in the 6P after cutting the spring down to one ring. The only real annoyance is that twisting the light on confuses the module. If I twist it on, it more often than not blinks to indicate low battery. Some kind of grounding/resistance issue perhaps? To get around this, I have to activate it with the momentary button and then twist it to constant on while holding the button.

Back on the positive side, and a very important issue for me, I can detect no PWM! I'm sensitive enough to pulsing that it stops me from using certain levels on some lights, but I can't see the PWM on this module at all! Very relieved and happy about that!

Thanks again, Dave! This module has made my 6P useful again, and the quality of light it produces has made it a new benchmark by which all others are now judged. I've already reconsidered/canceled plans to get a new light I'd been wanting because the emitter it uses no longer seems to have anything to offer me now that I've got this pair of Nichias.

I noticed someone recently asked what the Linger looks like, so here's a photo I took when I first received it.

And here's a photo I took using only the Nichia Linger for lighting with white balance set to sunlight, straight off camera.

(You can click it to see larger versions. The camera settings emphasize greens and blues a little, so this isn't a strictly accurate representation of what the light looks like, but I think it gives a pretty good idea of how high the quality is and how close it is to the WB's definition of sunlight.)

thanks a TON for posting that! I have a dual 219 coming too, and I'm so glad you posted this, it makes me even more excited, thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.