• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Hi Dave

I am conisdering a single level Nichia 219 to go with 2x CR123A primaries on a Solarforce 2LP. Can you help advise what is the lowest AMP your can go to help extend the runtime to about 5 hours pls?

Thanks

Don

Hi

Your best bet is to order one of the 5 levels with 3 lows and med and high. This would give the best options allowing you to use the lowest or highest settings.
If a single level is needed the best I can do is about 4 hours and that is reducing it to 350ma which will not be a very bright light. I don't have measurements on what it would be but certainly not bright, somewhere between low and med on a conventional 3 level driver.

1400mah primaries simply don't go far.

Dave

donscpoo

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Hi

Your best bet is to order one of the 5 levels with 3 lows and med and high. This would give the best options allowing you to use the lowest or highest settings.
If a single level is needed the best I can do is about 4 hours and that is reducing it to 350ma which will not be a very bright light. I don't have measurements on what it would be but certainly not bright, somewhere between low and med on a conventional 3 level driver.

1400mah primaries simply don't go far.

Dave

Dave,

Many thanks for the advise. I was try to keep it simple with single level as I building this for my dad. I will go for 3 levels in this case. I will send you the order details once I am done with my research on the other modules which I am interested in.

Don

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great, sending payment for:

Nichia 219 4500k
2.8-6 volt 1.4 amp
5 mode moon, LL,L,M,H
OP reflector
potted and tape

Thanks

Flea Bag

Enlightened

Hi Dave,

I'd like to order one for my domestic helper who is going back to her home country for good. She and her family will be using this light indoors and out so I was hoping to get your 1-4.2V 3-level driver.

1. Does it have reverse polarity protection?
2. What is the maximum drive level on high? It's not specifically listed on your page.
3. If the XP-Gs can use this circuit, does this mean the XP-G2 and XM-Ls can also be used?

Thanks

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,

I'd like to order one for my domestic helper who is going back to her home country for good. She and her family will be using this light indoors and out so I was hoping to get your 1-4.2V 3-level driver.

1. Does it have reverse polarity protection?
2. What is the maximum drive level on high? It's not specifically listed on your page.
3. If the XP-Gs can use this circuit, does this mean the XP-G2 and XM-Ls can also be used?

Thanks

HI

I do not have a 1-4.2 volt 3 level driver anymore. I have a .8-3 volt driver in a 3 level. It is a 1.2 or 1.3 amp somewhere in that area depending on battery used. I single AA will not be as bright as 2XAA.

Yes they can be used for XPG2's and are listed in that thread. Yes they can be used for a XML but it will be reduced in brightness since amperage is reduce.

Dave

Flea Bag

Enlightened

Thanks... What about reverse polarity protection?

Also, I'm choosing beween the following:

1. XP-G2 R2 7C1 tint 3000k warm white 80CRI

2. XM-L, S6 flux 7A2 tint 3200k 90 cri

Would the XM-L S6 at 1.2A be brighter simply because of the bin?

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks... What about reverse polarity protection?

Also, I'm choosing beween the following:

1. XP-G2 R2 7C1 tint 3000k warm white 80CRI

2. XM-L, S6 flux 7A2 tint 3200k 90 cri

Would the XM-L S6 at 1.2A be brighter simply because of the bin?

Hi

Yes all my drivers have reverse polarity.

I really don't know lumens since I have never measured but your thinking may or may not be correct since a XML runs at 2.8 amps while a XPG2 runs at 1.4 amps so one is running at full power while one at 1/2 power. Truth may be that they are very close in lumens.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great, sending payment for:

Nichia 219 4500k
2.8-6 volt 1.4 amp
5 mode moon, LL,L,M,H
OP reflector
potted and tape

Thanks

Hi

Order has shipped

thanks

Dave

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened

I'll take a P60 module Cree XM-L $40:
- T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K neutral white
- 2 level Low / Hi Regulated (2.8-6 volts)
- 2.8 amps
-
OP reflector
- Potting with copper tape

This will be going into a Solarforce L2P head running 1x18650 or 2xCR123

Let me know if this will work. I'm pretty sure I have all my specs correct.

::EDIT::

Paypal Transaction ID # 56R38965T8236351E sent. Thanks again Dave.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take a P60 module Cree XM-L $40:
- T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K neutral white
- 2 level Low / Hi Regulated (2.8-6 volts)
- 2.8 amps
-
OP reflector
- Potting with copper tape

This will be going into a Solarforce L2P head running 1x18650 or 2xCR123

Let me know if this will work. I'm pretty sure I have all my specs correct.

Hi

Yes that will work.

thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

The last order was the last of my old drivers so there will be no more 2 level drivers for XML's .

The new drivers levels are a bit different. This is for XML style emitters or any taking 2.8 amps. All other emitters the drive levels are the same.

1 level 100%
3 level low / med / high
3S low / high / strobe
4 level low low / low / med / high (my definition )

These drivers are 3 amps stock but can be reduced as before.

thanks

Dave

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened

Additional funds sent for Pocket Clip. :paypal: Great service so far. :twothumbs

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

The last order was the last of my old drivers so there will be no more 2 level drivers for XML's .

The new drivers levels are a bit different. This is for XML style emitters or any taking 2.8 amps. All other emitters the drive levels are the same.

1 level 100%
3 level low / med / high
3S low / high / strobe
4 level low low / low / med / high (my definition )

These drivers are 3 amps stock but can be reduced as before.

thanks

Dave

Hi

Order has shipped

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.