• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobbybonez

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

hi dave

i have a platinum dragon ir module you made for me, potted.
i would like to remove the reflector, is this possible please?

thx

nobby

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

hi dave

i have a platinum dragon ir module you made for me, potted.
i would like to remove the reflector, is this possible please?

thx

nobby

Hi

You can remove the reflector with 2 sets of pliers, I use med strength thread lock on ALL modules especially IR's since the reflectors will self tighten when putting the lampheads on. In a IR you can quickly crush the emitter housing if over tightened and break them loose from the thermal pad I use on IR's.

They will break loose but it will take two sets of pliers to remove.

Dave

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 4VH30588FL169752E)

Linger Special
Nichia 4500k 92cri

3 level 2.8 amp 3.6-6 volts
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated

Potted

For use in a Surefire 6P.

I know you said the boards weren't in yet. No rush. Send it when you can.

OP Reflector

nobbybonez

Newly Enlightened

Hi

You can remove the reflector with 2 sets of pliers, I use med strength thread lock on ALL modules especially IR's since the reflectors will self tighten when putting the lampheads on. In a IR you can quickly crush the emitter housing if over tightened and break them loose from the thermal pad I use on IR's.

They will break loose but it will take two sets of pliers to remove.

Dave

thanks for your prompt reply, just didn't want to attempt it if fixed permanently....

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

romadant said:
Looking to get a drop in for a Surefire M951 - all I know is that I need a fully potted one. I would like to run a single rechargeable battery and ditch the stacked CR123As... is this possible?

nailbender said:
1 level 4-16 volt 2.2 amp driver

3 level 3.4-9 volt 2.8 amp driver

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2-NICHIA-92CRI-(part-10)

As long as voltage of your rechargeable cell under mentioned load is within spec, it is possible.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Which of the emitters will give me the best wall of light flood and which reflector?

HI

I guess that depends on how powerful you want to go. A XML in a OP reflector will give more than adequate spill while giving some throw but if looking for one with mainly flood then the MCE would work well. It is a quad die emitter that is basically a flood emitter, it often does have a slight shadow in the middle of the beam since it is a quad emitter. Again with the MCE a OP reflector will give the floodiest beam.

Dave

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will go with a MC-E Warm with OP reflector for max flood. Using a Surefire host running 3.7v rechargeable 18650. Potted and tape. 3 mode driver.
Shipping to Malaysia.
Please let me know how much to pay you and give me your PayPal email address.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will go with a MC-E Warm with OP reflector for max flood. Using a Surefire host running 3.7v rechargeable 18650. Potted and tape. 3 mode driver.
Shipping to Malaysia.
Please let me know how much to pay you and give me your PayPal email address.

Hi

The MCE's are a bit more expensive which is becuase the cost of emitters. Price is $55 potting and tape included.

Shipping for 1st class Int is $5 for up to 2 modules.

As for a red emitter the one with the widest beam angle would be the Osram hyper-red. They are $40

My paypal is in my profile when needed. sales@customlites dot com

Thanks

Dave

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
A couple of questions if I may please Dave. I have used a layout where you can reply to each question in the edit box if that method works ok for you:

I currently have the one you sold to nobbybonez for appraisal. His order looks like it was for a 940nm three mode one:
Do you have records where you can check if it was in fact a 940nm one please?
I ask because it is significantly brighter than a cheapo 1 watt 850nm one I bought off the bay. I know there is no quality/power comparison but the point I'm not very good at making is that it doesn't look any more covert. We are using them with low light Watec camera's.

I also haven't noticed three modes - how are they activated please?

I'm teetering on buying the same single die/emitter one from you with the reflector not bonded and experiment with it blacked out for use with a DX lens, or an ahorton lens kit - I already have both.
I would be using it with a single 18650 li-ion and only need single mode, potted/tape + shipping to UK. How much would that be please?

What wattage would it be please?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of questions if I may please Dave. I have used a layout where you can reply to each question in the edit box if that method works ok for you:

I currently have the one you sold to nobbybonez for appraisal. His order looks like it was for a 940nm three mode one:
Do you have records where you can check if it was in fact a 940nm one please?
I ask because it is significantly brighter than a cheapo 1 watt 850nm one I bought off the bay. I know there is no quality/power comparison but the point I'm not very good at making is that it doesn't look any more covert. We are using them with low light Watec camera's.

I also haven't noticed three modes - how are they activated please?

I'm teetering on buying the same single die/emitter one from you with the reflector not bonded and experiment with it blacked out for use with a DX lens, or an ahorton lens kit - I already have both.
I would be using it with a single 18650 li-ion and only need single mode, potted/tape + shipping to UK. How much would that be please?

What wattage would it be please?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Hi

Yes they are 940nm you should be able to tell that by the MINIMAL glow as the 850's are readily seen when looking directly at the emitter which should not be done for more than a VERY short time. I don't think he originally stated which nm but since the emitters I use are now the same power rating for both 940 and 850nm I always use 940's and specifically bought the newest for his order.

I am sure they are 3 level or else i believe he would have sent it back. Turn the light on and off faster than 3 seconds to change levels, once the light has been on for 3 seconds that level is stocked to memory once stocked to memory you have to double click it since first click will return to stocked level.

I can leave the reflector loose but understand you will then have limited warranty since shorts circuits and damage to the emitter is quite easy but it is not a problem and I am sure you will have no problem. These emitters are a bit more delicate since they are direct mounted to the pill making them easier to knock loose. If I use a MCPCB mounting system they get extremely tall.

$45 plus $5 for 1st class int.

Dave

Last edited:

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Yes they are 940nm you should be able to tell that by the MINIMAL glow as the 850's are readily seen when looking directly at the emitter which should not be done for more than a VERY short time. I don't think he originally stated which nm but since the emitters I use are now the same power rating for both 940 and 850nm I always use 940's and specifically bought the newest for his order.

I am sure they are 3 level or else i believe he would have sent it back. Turn the light on and off faster than 3 seconds to change levels, once the light has been on for 3 seconds that level is stocked to memory once stocked to memory you have to double click it since first click will return to stocked level.

I can leave the reflector loose but understand you will then have limited warranty since shorts circuits and damage to the emitter is quite easy but it is not a problem and I am sure you will have no problem
. These emitters are a bit more delicate since they are direct mounted to the pill making them easier to knock loose. If I use a MCPCB mounting system they get extremely tall.

Thanks Dave, would it be possible for you to scuff and spray the reflector black and still bond it then? I am very pleased with it's performance behind a DX lens that has not been blacked (because it's nobby's not mine lol.)

I'm going to post a link to this thread on the airgunforum thread where the aspheric lens topic is being discussed, partly in relation to your units:
http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums...inal-suggestions-before-ordering-parts-3.html

What power does this draw please?

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

I will have to look and see if I have any black paint. If I don't you will be OK to remove the reflector to paint but it may be good to use a SMALL amount of med strength thread lock or even a SMALL amount of silicone caulk when replacing. If you don't put something I have had especially in hosts like 6P's self tighten since they are tight to start with. In a L2P it would not be a problem.

I will see what I can find around here.

These run at 1 amp which is manufacturer specs.

thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

no there is not any two levels at this time, the only 2 levels are 4.2 volt max and I am not convinced of the quality of those drivers . One / three / 5 levels at this time.

Sorry

Dave

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I will have to look and see if I have any black paint. If I don't you will be OK to remove the reflector to paint but it may be good to use a SMALL amount of med strength thread lock or even a SMALL amount of silicone caulk when replacing. If you don't put something I have had especially in hosts like 6P's self tighten since they are tight to start with. In a L2P it would not be a problem.

I will see what I can find around here.

These run at 1 amp which is manufacturer specs.

thanks

Dave

Thanks Dave. I generally use a drop or two of superglue or cyanocrylate if you call it that in the USA. It's an oxygen exclusion activated adhesive in the same way that threadlock works - which is why both need air space in the container they are sold in to remain usable. The 'antidote for 'cyano is acetone (nail varnish remover) so it's easy to undo if the focus isn't quite right.

I'm a bit rusty on current ratings etc these days: IIRC - 1 amp at 3.7 volts would be 3.7 watts powering that ikkle tiny die? :cool:

I have posted a link to this thread in the NV section of an airgun forum, but there will be umpteen viewers using more than airguns reading the thread, and most sort of flick though several NV forums. I'm being a bit clumsy here... what I'm alluding to is that I anticipate you will get quite a few requests for blacked reflectors if you can sort something for us shooters. I just scuff them with sandpaper and spray with a regular tin of black matte spray. The black surface is not likely to be handled so there is no reason for it to flake off.

nobbybonez

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I can leave the reflector loose but understand you will then have limited warranty since shorts circuits and damage to the emitter is quite easy but it is not a problem and I am sure you will have no problem. These emitters are a bit more delicate since they are direct mounted to the pill making them easier to knock loose. If I use a MCPCB mounting system they get extremely tall.

Dave

i'll just jump in here to clarify things -

i did order 940nm for covertness, p60 turned up with 850nm on the packaging. there was minimal glow after the laser i'd been using, so went with it.
nailbender did say he defaulted back to 850 as this was brighter and what most people required. he offered to sort this out, but i declined, as was more than happy with the results from the 850nm.
now the 940 has the same power i may try one, but the watec might be less sensitive to this wavelength.
my p60 does indeed have three levels.

@ dave - i'll pull the reflector and try the ahorton out...

@ nailbender - could you do anything clever with this emitter http://uk.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntk=P_MarCom&Ntt=183811569 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.