• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamerat

Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Otherwise, pick up a Thrunite Ti or other AAA keychain light. The Ti's only $20, has a 3-lumen low, and will go up to 60L when you need a bit more light.

Thanks, I've already got the Thunite TI and got a Olight i3 on my way, so I guess that I will be covered. However, I really like the size and feel of my 6P, so I'll try to find a low lumen dropin. The oned I've purchased from Nailbender are all singel output, no multi modes.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Thanks, I've already got the Thunite TI and got a Olight i3 on my way, so I guess that I will be covered. However, I really like the size and feel of my 6P, so I'll try to find a low lumen dropin. The oned I've purchased from Nailbender are all singel output, no multi modes.

Hi

The best I can do in a single mode would be 350ma which would not be as low as you want or you can go with one of the newer 5 mode with moonlight and low low either of those two levels would do what you want. the 5 mode would still give you high when wanted. They do have last level memory.

Davev

Kamerat

Enlightened

Thank you, PM sent.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened

Another option might be an M61LLL. Single mode, 75mA on a 219 so probably ~ 15 lumens, but pricier than Dave's stuff.

If you're okay with multi-mode, I should think one of the NB 5-mode modules would be ideal.

SaturnNyne

Enlightened

Hello again, Dave. I'm back for another module, but this one's not for me, which makes the decision process a little trickier for me. I apologize for bugging you with basic questions that have probably been covered a few times over within this thread, but I don't keep up on emitters and I just don't have the time to scour for all the answers. So here goes.

My friend is currently going through police academy training and is looking for a dropin for his 6P to run on two primaries. He's currently borrowing my five year old M60 Q5-WG with optic, which puts out around 230lm. It's got a beautiful pure white tint that I'd estimate is around 5800k. Despite its age, he reports that the M60 has been the top light in his class when they've done dark shooting exercises. He likes that dropin and is looking for one of his own that will be similar, with a tint that is about the same or a little warmer, a runtime of at least about an hour, high output, with a high priority on throw, which he says has proven important for the kind of moderate distance outdoor range training he's been doing.

This is the current top pick:
Cree XP-G -$35 *mixture of throw and flood*
1 level 2.8-6 volts
SMO
R4 5000k 3C tint
with the R5 5500k and maybe the R4 4000k 5B3 tint /5B2 also up for consideration.

Does it sound like we're on the right track here? Can you give me output estimates for the R4 and R5? I saw you just mentioned the XPG2; have you switched all XPG modules over to that or is that a separate option that's now available?

Is there another emitter we should consider? I know the XRE/XPE is another option with good throw and a more narrow beam (which I think might be detrimental for the intended use), but does it have an overall throw advantage over the XPG? I've been reluctant to consider them because I have less experience with them, am not familiar with their tint bins, and have no idea which would be in the kelvin range we're looking for. If we should consider them, I'd appreciate a tint suggestion.

Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello again, Dave. I'm back for another module, but this one's not for me, which makes the decision process a little trickier for me. I apologize for bugging you with basic questions that have probably been covered a few times over within this thread, but I don't keep up on emitters and I just don't have the time to scour for all the answers. So here goes.

My friend is currently going through police academy training and is looking for a dropin for his 6P to run on two primaries. He's currently borrowing my five year old M60 Q5-WG with optic, which puts out around 230lm. It's got a beautiful pure white tint that I'd estimate is around 5800k. Despite its age, he reports that the M60 has been the top light in his class when they've done dark shooting exercises. He likes that dropin and is looking for one of his own that will be similar, with a tint that is about the same or a little warmer, a runtime of at least about an hour, high output, with a high priority on throw, which he says has proven important for the kind of moderate distance outdoor range training he's been doing.

This is the current top pick:
Cree XP-G -$35 *mixture of throw and flood*
1 level 2.8-6 volts
SMO
R4 5000k 3C tint
with the R5 5500k and maybe the R4 4000k 5B3 tint /5B2 also up for consideration.

Does it sound like we're on the right track here? Can you give me output estimates for the R4 and R5? I saw you just mentioned the XPG2; have you switched all XPG modules over to that or is that a separate option that's now available?

Is there another emitter we should consider? I know the XRE/XPE is another option with good throw and a more narrow beam (which I think might be detrimental for the intended use), but does it have an overall throw advantage over the XPG? I've been reluctant to consider them because I have less experience with them, am not familiar with their tint bins, and have no idea which would be in the kelvin range we're looking for. If we should consider them, I'd appreciate a tint suggestion.

Thanks!

Hi

I would go with the XPG2 R5 3D tint on the other thread with a smooth reflector. He would get one hour on 1400mah primaries.

Dave

timbo114

Enlightened

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 1P133674K5359234C)

I'd like qty 1 of ... 1 level / 2.8-6 volts / NICHIA 4500k 92CRI neutral ($35)

OP reflector please

Unit arrived today.
One word description ... F A B U L O U S ! :twothumbs

Thanks Dave
I'll surely be back for more :devil:

tjswarbrick

Enlightened

Payment sent for:
(1) P60 Module
OP Reflector
w/ Joule Thief battery vampire driver (board from wquiles, shipping Saturday 10-20)
.8-3V single (depleted) CR123
Potted if still included.
Include spring and tape - for use in SolarForce L2M.
4500k 92CRI Nichia 219 (preference) or
Neutral XP-G2 (2nd choice) or
Neutral R4 XP-G 3C 5000k (3rd)
Neutral R4 XP-G 5B3/5B2 4000k (4th)
Whichever has lowest VF, and is available

Board ordered from Will to be sent to you.

Please advise emitter recommendation.

PP: Transaction ID: 1X084399P5786645C

Thank you Dave.
- Tom

Dave,
Have you given any thought to what neutral emitter you have in inventory that works best in an OP reflector with the Joule Thief board?
Will you please update me when said board arrives from Will, and you begin work?
Thank you.

chanjyj

Enlightened

BB Code formatting error

Last edited:

jaycyu

Enlightened
UV

Nailbender, I know you don't have 365nm ultraviolet LEDs in stock atm, but can you give a very rough estimate time for the next patch? 6 months?
What is its stock current draw, and can it be modded to 3A?

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: UV

Nailbender, I know you don't have 365nm ultraviolet LEDs in stock atm, but can you give a very rough estimate time for the next patch? 6 months?
What is its stock current draw, and can it be modded to 3A?

Hi

I do not stock 365nm UV's I stock 395nm UV's and do not know if I will stock any 365nm emitters. NO UV emitter that I know of will run anywhere close to 3 amps. Cree 395nm are pushed at 1amp and Nichia when I had them are only 700ma.

Dave

chanjyj

Enlightened
Re: XM-L Driver Levels

nailbender said:
Hi

I think you are wasting your time with any over 3.5 amps on a single li ion. I have done quite a bit of testing of good batts and much more than that is not going to do much.

Hope that helps

Dave

Code:
Led: Cree XM-L (U2 flux 1A 6500K) - $40
Levels: 3 level
Regulated (2.8-6 volts, [COLOR=#ff0000]3.5 Amps[/COLOR])
Reflector: Orange Peel
Options: Potting / Copper Tape

Cree XM-L (S6 flux 7A2 3200K 90 CRI) - $40
Regulated (2.8-6 volts, [COLOR=#ff0000]3.1 Amps[/COLOR])

Postage: Priority International - $15

Grand Total: $95

Hi Dave

Sorry for the late reply. I'm planning to merge 2 purchases, 1 from this thread and the other from http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...HIGH-CRI-CREE-XML-P60-D26-replacement-modules.

2 questions:
1. Do you want me to post them separately in individual threads or merge them into 1 post?
2. Regarding levels, are you able to do High-Med-Low rather than Low-Med-High?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Code:
Led: Cree XM-L (U2 flux 1A 6500K) - $40
Regulated (2.8-6 volts, [COLOR=#ff0000]3.5 Amps[/COLOR])

Cree XM-L (S6 flux 7A2 3200K 90 CRI) - $40
Regulated (2.8-6 volts, [COLOR=#ff0000]3.1 Amps[/COLOR])

Postage: Priority International - $15

Grand Total: $95

Hi

The drivers are the rotation that is listed and can not be changed.

Just the one thread is fine just please list what you need in PP notes.

thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

Sorry for the late reply. I'm planning to merge 2 purchases, 1 from this thread and the other from http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...HIGH-CRI-CREE-XML-P60-D26-replacement-modules.

2 questions:
1. Do you want me to post them separately in individual threads or merge them into 1 post?
2. Regarding levels, are you able to do High-Med-Low rather than Low-Med-High?

chanjyj

Enlightened

Hi Dave

I'll try one out first - am not sure if I can get used to the Low - Hi interface. Also sent you a note in Paypal about insurance.

Led: Cree XM-L (T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K Neutral White) - $40
Levels: 2 level Low / Hi
Regulated (2.8-6 volts, 3.5 Amps)
Postage: First Class International - $5

Paypal Transaction ID: 1Y368852FF662273B

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave

I'll try one out first - am not sure if I can get used to the Low - Hi interface. Also sent you a note in Paypal about insurance.

Led: Cree XM-L (T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K Neutral White) - $40
Levels: 2 level Low / Hi
Regulated (2.8-6 volts, 3.5 Amps)
Postage: First Class International - $5

Paypal Transaction ID: 1Y368852FF662273B

Hi

Yes I can provide insurance but I will have to wait until I have the package weighed before I can quote you on amount of insurance. Do realize if you insure the package for what the module is worth I will have to put the same amount on the customs certificate instead of putting a lower amount.

Dave

timbo114

Enlightened
Hi Dave, I'm back again.
I'd like qty 1 of

Cree XM-L
$40
T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
2.8-6 volts
1 level Regulated
OP reflector please
Copper tape & potted

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 8L685312RJ204280G)

Thank you

Last edited:

chanjyj

Enlightened

Hi

Yes I can provide insurance but I will have to wait until I have the package weighed before I can quote you on amount of insurance. Do realize if you insure the package for what the module is worth I will have to put the same amount on the customs certificate instead of putting a lower amount.

Dave

No issues on the customs forms. I won't be paying any VAT/duty/taxes unless it's more than $400.
Let me know how much insurance is, shouldn't be much from my experience. Probably $10 USD max.

Thanks alot.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave,
Have you given any thought to what neutral emitter you have in inventory that works best in an OP reflector with the Joule Thief board?
Will you please update me when said board arrives from Will, and you begin work?
Thank you.

HI

Any of the neutrals will work, I like both the 3D and the 5B4 tints. The boards have arrived today and I hope to start work on them tomorrow but will probably be Monday before mailing.

Dave

tjswarbrick

Enlightened

HI

Any of the neutrals will work, I like both the 3D and the 5B4 tints. The boards have arrived today and I hope to start work on them tomorrow but will probably be Monday before mailing.

Dave

Great Dave.
In that case, I think I'd like to try an XP-G2 from the 3D tint bin.
Thank you!

- Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.