• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI PART 11

kruton

Newly Enlightened
Hi, nailbiter. I'm a total n00b to this forum, so I was hoping you'd suggest a drop-in to get. :thinking:

I have a stock (circa 2006) Surefire 6P with plain old 2x CR123A.

I use it as with a handgun as my illumination during darkness. The replacement needs to be extermely reliable and bright enough to dazzle anyone for the few seconds it needs to be on. Coming on initially in low power would be a disaster, but I'd like to be able to press again to get to a 5% mode.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, nailbiter. I'm a total n00b to this forum, so I was hoping you'd suggest a drop-in to get. :thinking:

I have a stock (circa 2006) Surefire 6P with plain old 2x CR123A.

I use it as with a handgun as my illumination during darkness. The replacement needs to be extermely reliable and bright enough to dazzle anyone for the few seconds it needs to be on. Coming on initially in low power would be a disaster, but I'd like to be able to press again to get to a 5% mode.

HI

Sorry I don't have a driver that will do that and I know of none that will do that. I have a 3 level but it is last mode memory meaning once the light has been burning for 3 seconds that level will be stocked to memory so to always get high you would have to turn off in high. With the 3 level I use the next mode would be low since the are low med high, this means the next level after high would be low. I also have a low high strobe.

Most of leo's that buy from me buy single level full power.

Now if you decide either of those will work then you need to think about runtime and how much you expect. Our brightest offering is a coolwhite XML or XML2, lumens are about 700 lumens and you would get about 25 or 30 minutes on high.

Now you have another choice which alot of the leo's get which is the XPG2 coolwhite, it will yield about 400 lumens and will give you about 60 minutes runtime or slightly less if ran continuously on high.

As for reflectors, smooth will give the best hotspot and throw while the textured give a more blended beam. Either will easily have enough spill to light up a room.

Dave

DAN92

Enlightened
[...]Our brightest offering is a coolwhite XML or XML2, lumens are about 700 lumens and you would get about 25 or 30 minutes on high.

[...]the XPG2 coolwhite, it will yield about 400 lumens and will give you about 60 minutes runtime or slightly less if ran continuously on high.

As for reflectors, smooth will give the best hotspot and throw while the textured give a more blended beam. Either will easily have enough spill to light up a room.

Dave
Information to know, thanks.

jim_r

Newly Enlightened
Wow, nb, I barely had time to blink - the Nichia drop in arrived in 3 days. Great quality, thanks much.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, nb, I barely had time to blink - the Nichia drop in arrived in 3 days. Great quality, thanks much.

Hi

Thanks for the kind words. Depending on when the order arrives we try for same day shipping or next day if too late to make USPS.

Have a good weekend

thanks

Dave

Fbygden

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

PP order placed for one:-Cree XM-L2 T5 4500k
-Smooth reflector
-5-level 2.8-6Volt Driver, Regulated to 3.5amps

BR
Fredrik

Fbygden

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

PP order placed for one:-Cree XM-L2 T5 4500k
-Smooth reflector
-5-level 2.8-6Volt Driver, Regulated to 3.5amps

BR
Fredrik

Hi Dave!

Sorry, but I would like to change my order to the Regulated 4.2amps version, I hope that is possible.

BR
Fredrik

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave!

Sorry, but I would like to change my order to the Regulated 4.2amps version, I hope that is possible.

BR
Fredrik

HI

No problem, i have explained the very small performance gain on a single 18650 but it is your module your batteries. I will change your order.

Thanks

Dave

Fbygden

Newly Enlightened
HI

No problem, i have explained the very small performance gain on a single 18650 but it is your module your batteries. I will change your order.

Thanks

Dave

Thank you Dave!
I will only use the highest level for very short bursts of light, the main part of the time I will use the lower levels, hence the change.

Once again, big thank's for the flexibility.

/Fredrik

Hartland

Newly Enlightened
Hello Dave,

I am about to send you a paypal payment for:

1 P 60 module,
XM-L2
U2
3 level (low-med-high)
Smooth reflector

Thanks, Tim

bdiddle

Newly Enlightened
How is the efficiency with using CR123's with an XML single mode 3A drop in? I am considering using one as a rifle light.....

rjking

Enlightened
Hi Dave

Can you advise what is the runtime of the Nichia NVSL219 4500k 92 CRI and how many lumens on high for the 3 mode on either 2x123 or 1x17650?

Also any tip when using it on Surefire C2?

Thanks

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave

Can you advise what is the runtime of the Nichia NVSL219 4500k 92 CRI and how many lumens on high for the 3 mode on either 2x123 or 1x17650?

Also any tip when using it on Surefire C2?

Thanks

HI

We do not keep up with runtimes as battery condition, switches and too many other variables to do runtimes.

Best way to get an estimate is to divide amperage into mah. On primaries if they are 1400 mah then it will be 60 minutes since Nichias run on 1.4 or 1.5 amps.

As for 17670 depends on the mah but you should be able to do the math.

Lumens for a nichia is about 200 or a little bit more on high.

Dave

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave, I notice you said the 219 gives around 200 lumens. Is this a new generation I just got today that claims 475? It has the "v" variant in the name. "Nichia LED Series 219 NVSW219A 475lm Emitter White" These should run quite well on a copper star, what do you think?

Dale

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave, I notice you said the 219 gives around 200 lumens. Is this a new generation I just got today that claims 475? It has the "v" variant in the name. "Nichia LED Series 219 NVSW219A 475lm Emitter White" These should run quite well on a copper star, what do you think?

Dale

HI

I am not sure of the bin numbers you are talking about but do realize that many quote manufacturer lumens which are NOT OTF, also I see you said yours were white these are 92cri neutrals and neutrals are Never as high of lumens as white.
I do know that Nichia NVSL219AT-H1 4500K, 92 CRI, B10 Bin work out to about 200 - 215 lumens OTF in a calibrated sphere. I try not to use manufacturer specs since they are in laboratory settings and never get close to real life OTF. Since modules are not in a laboratory setting I try to use real life OTF. I see many quote 1300 lumens for a XML in a module and I really want to measure that module:)

A 3D XPG2 is much brighter than a neutral Nichia but not 92CRI so that is about all I can say as the rest would just be conjecture.

Dave

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dave, makes a lot of sense. I hadn't considered that the Nichia 219 could be anything but the High CRI tint. That's what everybody talks about. I actually find them to be too "colored" for my taste with a sand or light brown hue to the light. So if these are closer to true white I should like em just fine!

Now I just have to figure out how to get em on the copper stars, never reflowed anything before and these puppies are tiny!

Thanks for your help.

Dale