• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 XPG modules - warm, neutral, cool white/SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 7)

e-rock

Newly Enlightened
Dave ,

I would like to upgrade my dbs v2 it has a xre q2 in it and would like to go brighter
I have both smo and op reflectors
what pil do you advise to get great throw spill and high lumens.

Can pm me on cpf market as i cant post???
[email protected]

Thanks!

shhh

Newly Enlightened
Luminus SST-50 - $65 - 2.8 -6volts only
Regulated LOP
3 level -- high - med - low
5700K neutral (W57-GJ201-WJ-H4 )

$65 + ppfee $67.60

Now i just use my debit card for pp.
Do i just pay u via that and just add the 4%.
Or send it to you as a gift and pay the fee.

Mybad i am still green to paypal.

Thx
Terry

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regulated LOP
5700K neutral (W57-GJ201-WJ-H4 )

$65 + ppfee $67.60

Now i just use my debit card for pp.
Do i just pay u via that and just add the 4%.
Or send it to you as a gift and pay the fee.

Mybad i am still green to paypal.

Thx
Terry

Hi Terry

If you send as gift no need to pay the fee. It is not a huge deal so how ever it comes out will be fine.

thanks for the business.

Dave

shhh

Newly Enlightened
Luminus SST-50 - 2.8 -6volts only
Regulated LOP
$65 sent to you via paypal.

I have on my pay pal the 5700k emitter.
Was needing it changed to
6500K Cool White (W65S-GJ102-WJ-G3 )

Thanks!:paypal::paypal:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any 20 degree flood optics in stock? Im interested in a optics module. I think 40 or 60 degree may be too wide for my taste.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Hi Dave,

New host on the way and I would like to outfit it properly. :grin2:

SST-50 / 6500K Cool White (W65S-GJ102-WJ-G3 ) / Regulated / 3 levels (Shining Beam Driver) / SMOOTH reflector / thermal potting

For use with 1x18650

$65 + $5 potting = $70 :paypal:

Reijer

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave!

Just sent Paypal for:
XP-G R4 (5000K, 3C tint) 3 levels with memory, OP reflector, thermal potting.
For use in a SureFire C2 host, with 2x CR123A batteries.

Included $5 (int'l shipping), $5 (potting) and $2 for credit card.

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave -

I'm looking for an L2P dropin, single 18650, and I think you can do what I want: Bright with good quality.

XP-G
3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp
R4 5000k 3C tint
8 degree optic

Based on the XP-E with optic I'm guessing it'd be around $42?

ak645

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

My high cri drop-in arrived.After a minor installation issue it's working great.Seems without the outer spring it's too narrow (won't light) and with the outer spring it's too wide (bezel won't screw in all the way).I think this only an issue with v1 of Deree CL1H since it is a turn bezel to change level light.Thank Goodness for the copper tape or I'd be SOL!

The beam shape is excellent with a nice big spot and bright corona and wide spill.The transitions are smooth with only very faint,minor artifacts.The 3 levels are well chosen and unlike the Deree pill there is no preflash when changing levels.Plenty bright for my needs but I'm no lumen junkie.

All in All I am extremely happy with this purchase.Thanks again,Dave for patiently answering my questions and tolerating my borderline OCD.And superfast service-ordered sunday arrived wednsday!

Andy

scirocco

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I have an original 6P (with cr123a) that i want to drop an LED in.

I think what i want is the STW55, two levels. I'm not sure that i understand about the driver, but i think unregulated? For now, i intend to use CR123a primaries....

Options like potted, heatsink and whatever else is good to make the best, brightest tactical dazzler i can get would be appreciated.

The light will be carried with me as i have to go out and confront poachers in my neighborhood. This is never a good idea, i know, but it has to be done. Blinding them in the their tree stands (from behind a tree) until help arrives is the technique. Non-violence is required, and i think a light is the least-violent thing.

;-)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave -

I'm looking for an L2P dropin, single 18650, and I think you can do what I want: Bright with good quality.

XP-G
3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp
R4 5000k 3C tint
8 degree optic

Based on the XP-E with optic I'm guessing it'd be around $42?

Hi

I am sorry I don't have optics for anything but XRE. The optics for XPG are a different focal length and wont work with my holders.

I have XPG reflectors that work well in a L2P and the R4 -5000k drop in is not a problem.

Price on a reflector model is $35 shipping in US included

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

My high cri drop-in arrived.After a minor installation issue it's working great.Seems without the outer spring it's too narrow (won't light) and with the outer spring it's too wide (bezel won't screw in all the way).I think this only an issue with v1 of Deree CL1H since it is a turn bezel to change level light.Thank Goodness for the copper tape or I'd be SOL!

The beam shape is excellent with a nice big spot and bright corona and wide spill.The transitions are smooth with only very faint,minor artifacts.The 3 levels are well chosen and unlike the Deree pill there is no preflash when changing levels.Plenty bright for my needs but I'm no lumen junkie.

All in All I am extremely happy with this purchase.Thanks again,Dave for patiently answering my questions and tolerating my borderline OCD.And superfast service-ordered sunday arrived wednsday!

Andy

HI

I am glad you were able to make it work. I have trouble keeping up with all the different model #'s on the different hosts.

i am just glad you were able to make it work with out too much trouble.

Dave

ak645

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

Clearly the CL1H v1 is not a true p60 host.Sorta like a p60 host but not quite.Including the copper tape is just a terrific idea.It's the only solution that would have worked.

Andy

bbaker22

Newly Enlightened
Linger Special

Dave-
I think the answer is no, but: Can you produce the Double XPG Linger Special with a driver that handles up to 8.4V? My application would be in a Solarforce L2M, but wired with an external battery pack running at 8.4v. This would be for extended runtime as a bike light (and I have 7 nice Li Ion battery packs at 8.4V).

Thanks,
Brad

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Linger Special

Dave-
I think the answer is no, but: Can you produce the Double XPG Linger Special with a driver that handles up to 8.4V? My application would be in a Solarforce L2M, but wired with an external battery pack running at 8.4v. This would be for extended runtime as a bike light (and I have 7 nice Li Ion battery packs at 8.4V).

Thanks,
Brad

Hi Brad

You are correct I don't have any boards that I can do that with. 6 volts max on that set up.

I could do a MC-E wired 2S2P with one level taking batts of 7-14v or might even be able to make a 3 level work high / med / low no memory taking batts from 7-8.4 volts. The 3 level would actually be over driving the MCE slightly but I think it would work.

The MCE is much the same beam style as the dual XPG

Dave

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Linger Special

Hello again Dave. I would like to order the following:

Cree XP-G R5 -$35
regulated 3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp
R4 5000k 3C tint
OP

and

Regulated 3 level -- high - med - low
4500K neutrals (W45S-GH400-WJ-N4)
OP

Total $100.

:paypal: transaction #1CU54766E0658332B

Last edited:

offroad

Newly Enlightened
Dave:

Regarding my 3-mode XP-G R4 low voltage module that I use with 2x AA eneloops or energizer lithiums:
I've seen you mention that you set a pot on these drivers, and I see what appears to be a variable potentiometer on the back side of the driver. Is this adjustable to control current draw?

The draw on mine may be a bit more than solarforce tailcap switches are up to handling, as I have lost two. The module starts out drawing 3.8-4.0 amps on high (eneloops) depending on charge state, and stabilizes at 3.6a or so.

I'm very happy with the quality and output of this module, just wondering if its possible to adjust the draw a bit lower without affecting brightness much. Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask, I sent a PM a couple of weeks ago but you must have missed it.

Thanks,

Mark