• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired PAR36 4.5" M*g & M6 Head

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just took apart a milwaukee 28 volt battery pack this week that had 7 -26700 imr cells in it. now if i can fit them in a 6d mag, i have a few of your extensions for a d mag. am i thinking in the right direction?
for 12v bulb you need only 4 cells, or you could use 5 and overdrive , hopefully it wont:poof:, i think 100w one shouldn't. even for 5 cells you wont need extention on 6d. you'll need spacer.

for 24v bulbs you'll need all 7 cells, length of d cell is about 60-63mm, yours 26700 are 70, you'll need to turn d mag into a 8,5d mag, idk if it is too practical, but it will be as lethal as baseball bat:twak:

Last edited:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
i just took apart a milwaukee 28 volt battery pack this week that had 7 -26700 imr cells in it. now if i can fit them in a 6d mag, i have a few of your extensions for a d mag. am i thinking in the right direction?

You are spot on!!

I had 7 emoli 26700 cells in a 6 D with 34mm FM extention, but had small Judco switch sitting ontop of 7th cell instead of the towerless mag switch.
I think I used the 70mm FM extention for 7 26700 with a mag switch, (Used a 250W osram 64657)
+ the 34 to get 8 in with a judco but never had a 275W lamp to try.

I think 7 Emoli 26700 will do well on the 24V lights, a softstarter will help.
Maybe the 26650 4000mAh orange IMRs will be able to handle the 12V 100W or 24V PAR's as the cells can only do 10A, unlike the emoli that will supply more happily.

A regulator will fix the rest of the lower power requirements, and give a bit of runtime.

Donn, The Hids look fantastic!!, as does the rest of the link :party:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there enough room for a Jimmy M regulator on top of the towerless mag switch if the Kiu aluminium section is used ontop of the trimmed down switch, but the ceramic socket is not installed ontop?
Or Maybe the Ceramic socket could be installed on the lowest setting and the wires plugged into the socket, and connected to the lamp, if the ends were crimped or single strand wire was used?
There will be more than enough room for regulation circuit weather it's with or without cermamic socket.
---------------------------
zoran said:
Does the M6 head come with the bulb?
NO BULB INCLUDED.
---------------------------
zoran said:
Do you have any expected runtime figures running it in 26500 configuration @ 6V with the longer M6 Cap?
Run time will varry depending on lamp wattage.
Using 6.4 volt, 30 watt bulb, run time will be about 20~25 minutes.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
can towerless switch handle draw of 12v 100w lamp?

Joe_torch

Newly Enlightened
Does the finish of the RAW head look similar to the FM 3V2 bare polished alumium turbo head?
Thanks!
Joe

aeroflash

Newly Enlightened
Hello FM:

What are the dimensions of the circular space at the base of the lower half
of the head? Thanks.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

#01 PAR36 HA Natural gray M*g "D" head $120
Towerless M*g "D" switch $10
#01 Natural gray 4x26500 $98
Shipping to States $12
Total $ 240.00
You may ship them together once all are available

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Varroj
Can I use M*g "D (if using additionally the adapter) to suit my M6? Is it possible to suit it by buying additional negative and positive spring loaded connectors and easy to connect the PAR36 screw terminals?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody has pictures yet!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking at this thread over and over looking for pictures. I know in theory I should get more throw pencil like, but does anybody have pictures? Please:D

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anyone know, what would be brighter, or would it be much different at all.
50w6v bulb, or 25w12v bulb

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I use M*g "D (if using additionally the adapter) to suit my M6? Is it possible to suit it by buying additional negative and positive spring loaded connectors and easy to connect the PAR36 screw terminals?
These PAR36 M*g "D" heads and $urefire PAR36 "M" heads are totally different and one can not be used instead of the other.
Even if you use adapter for threading, how do you want to mount the electracal connectors for M6?
It's not that simple.
Negative electrical connector for "M" head is built in and use similar spring as MN sockets, positive connector is electrically seperated from ground and take same conical spring as MN sockets.

does anyone know, what would be brighter, or would it be much different at all.
50w6v bulb, or 25w12v bulb
If both driven properly and have same beam spread angle, 50 watt will be brighter at over 8 Amps.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:for #01 PAR36 RAW Surefire "M" head $160

Thanks,
Tanasit

Last edited: