PAR36 with high and low beam pattern, replaceable bulb

KiteSquid

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a PAR-36 form factor housing that will accept a 9003/H4/HB2 bulb.

We cannot re-design the vehicle to accept a different form factor lamp, but they now want a high and low beam with a replaceable bulb...

Can anybody provide a manufacturer and part number for such a thing.

regrettably I cant find it anywhere.

BTW an H4 is preferred, but we might be able to use a different bulb in the lamp as long as it is high and low beam pattern....

Vinniec5

Enlightened
What about a LED lamp from Whelen or Federal Signal? wouldn't have to worry about bulbs but they aren't high/low beam. I've never seen a high/low par36 bulb. What tyoe of vehicle is this?

KiteSquid

Newly Enlightened
What is the retail price on the LED lamps?

Do they fit a PAR-36 mounting?

Do you have a URL for these products?

GE makes two PAR-36 sealed beam lamps with two beams, 4460X and H4460X but they are only 40 watts on both filaments.

Also they are not widely available, that is why I was thinking about the H4 bulb.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
You're going to be completely out of luck on this unless all you need is a nominal low and high beam with zero consideration for actual seeing performance or on-road legality. The PAR36 (4.5") size is just too small to gather enough light from an H4, which is why no reputable maker produces such a lamp. You can buy cheap junk from China and India. Keep in mind the next size larger PAR46 (5.75") H4 units are really marginal especially on low beam.

If you need real working legal headlights, not just toys, and you're confined to no more than 4.5" diameter, you're looking at a BiHalogen projector. Hella makes a good one.

KiteSquid

Newly Enlightened
This is for an off-road vehicle so I am not conserned with on-road legality.

The designer of the vehilce only allowed for one PAR-36 size lamp and we wer hoping to find a dual pattern beam for the location. they wont let me change the lamp size or location. :(

The price of the BiHalogen projector probally will put it out of the running. I have a requirement to keep it under US$30 retail per lamp.

Where can I find the "Cheep junk from China and India" lamps as they might fit our requrements. Can you please provide a URL?

KiteSquid

Newly Enlightened
I have scoured JC Whitney's site and have come up empty. Maybe I am using the wrong search terms....

Any other suggestions of where I can find a PAR-36 lamp with a hi/lo function?

Low cost is paramount.