Part Two - Headlamp Survey 2011, Closed

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Part Two - Headlamp Survey 2011

49 responses now. (We got 75 on the first survey.)

Yeah, the responses are interesting. I'm certain there will be the usual hindsight bias: "Well, we knew that all along, there's no new information here," but getting quantitative data is useful because it allows comparisons to be made...just how much more popular are buttons than dials...or is it the other way around? Just how popular is a flashlight that memorizes its last level...or is it unpopular? How much more important is dimness than brightness...or is it the flip? Etc.

Of course, our subject pool (enthusiasts) doesn't represent the marketplace. Certainly enthusiasts are willing to spend more. But I'll bet the mass market likes many of the same things that the enthusiasts do.

Last edited:

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast

One week, sir. And we are currently 5 days on this one.

JA(me)S

Enlightened

Ok, so you've just got a couple more days then... I'm eager to find out the results, but would love as large a data sampling as possible.

C'mon people - Rock the Vote!

:thumbsup: - Jas.

Helmut.G

Enlightened

well, I suggest you let it run a couple more days. I didn't notice this thread until now, and there might be others like me.

ryguy24000

Enlightened

maybe this post should be "advertised" on the general forum? Might get some people that don't usually visit this forum?

DM51

Flashaholic

maybe this post should be "advertised" on the general forum? Might get some people that don't usually visit this forum?
Pointer threads, where the only purpose is to point to another thread, are not permitted. A post within a thread can be a pointer, but only if it is relevant and helpful to the thread where it is posted.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast

We need 2 more, then we'll have the same 75 the first part of the survey had. We're currently at 73. Hopefully this is the last bump!

BY THE WAY, results will be posted in the results thread (which is stickied) rather than inline here.

sale

Newly Enlightened

Did I do it on time? Well I made it anyway :)