Peak Eiger

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
Just received 2 AAA and 1 AA a couple months ago.
Nice lights.
I wish the knurling was a little more aggressive but thats my preference.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are killing me....why did i leave my comfort zone.

Have a few questions on PE.

What's your favorite model and why?

Has anyone jumped on the limited edition copper?

Roughly what kind of output can we expect, eneloop, primary, li-ion?

Is the hicri cool or neutral?

Do these offer a lockout?

Is there low voltage protection if using unprotected li-ion?

How much of a difference will there be from narrow/medium optic?

Do these provide more light than a maratac AAA? ie, range overall beam size.

Some current thoughts...
I'm only interested in stainless, copper, and possibly brass.

On the AAA models, seems like 350mah 10440 won't provide much runtime but a lot more output. AAA eneloop pro seems like the best option.

Same kind of applies to AA. Although, at least 14500 gives us 1000mah, but eneloop pro's give us 2500mah at reduced output.

The ultra x seems nice with the larger head, but not sure how much you really gain.

Logan 17500 is nice because you have options with adapter pkg.

123 is nice but I'm not necessarily into primaries, but have many to burn.

Lastly, it's a bummer that the keychain version is the only one to offer momentary. This is a concern and is why I asked about lockout. I can just imagine momentary constantly getting triggered if power can't be locked out.

Otherwise I think these are nice but not necessary with the variety of Malkoff MDC lights i have along with rotaries. But I'm always willing to support smaller USA brands that make quality products.

They should offer bodies separately as the heads are interchangeable from what I read.

Thanks for any help and for getting me to look into more lights I really don't need:p

I also apologize to the OP for intruding, but i figured i kinda fit in here too

Last edited:

CHNeal

Enlightened
I have one of the nichia hicri 4500k eigers that oveready did several years ago and its one of my favorite lights of all time. I sold it once when I realized that an HDS in my pocket was all I ever needed in a light. I bought it back a year latter and actually carried it as my edc for more then a year until just recently buying back into the addiction that is HDS!
I talked with Robyn about building a few with some 5700k 219b that I have laying around but just never got around to sending them to her. They are just great people to deal with.

Mgizler

Enlightened
INFRNL.

These are some great lights. I currently have the brass ultra with narrow cool beam. I also have the momentary switch on it.

As far as batteries go....in the ultra, you can run anything including a li-ion. There is a huge difference in output with the li-ion. With a regular primary, it will be brighter than the Maratac. But it will be a hot rod with the li-ion.

The narrow cool beam is my favorite. Has enough spill but a lot of throw. A very useful beam.

As far as the momentary coming on.... I've never had it happen. When I carry mine, I keep it clipped to my front pocket. The momentary is on the harder side to press and activate the light. It also depends on how much the head is twisted in. If it's turned out farther, you will have to press the momentary harder and further to get light. If e head it twisted on more, it will take less pressure/movement to get it on. However, I still do not have issues with accidental activation.

These are some of the best lights that I have ever owned. I feel as though they are the same quality and playing field as HDs, and Malkoff, just in a smaller variant.

I will try to get a few pictures of my setup.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Ok @INFRNL I'll see if I can address whatever hasn't already been answered for you ....

Mechanical (not electrical) lockout

No LVP

Narrow optic is a balanced beam

Medium optic is floody

Ultra versions are usually narrower beam with higher output

Specific output specs haven't been listed in years

They are multi-chemistry / multi-voltage compatible (semi-regulated) and output is higher with higher volt power source

Bespoke builds are possible with custom emitters

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. After i posted i watched a video from one of our members i believe. He had the Hicri and said is wan't nearly as bright as a promethius beta whatever which is only rated at 90lm.

@ Archi, when you say balanced; do you mean it would be a good general use light rather than small flood like an Alpha? the only AAA light I have to compare is my maratac with nichia and i think it's really only for close range use like finding something behind a desk or what not.

I think I'm drawn more to the AA or logan 17500; both of which have a slightly larger head. I don't need a keychain light but I do like the momentary feature. I also like that they are twisty/rotary even though they can be finicky. I really like the Copper, but I wish it was for a AA or Logan 17500. It seems that If I am going to experiment and want to have options to play with, the Logan 17500 would be the best choice to get the full experience?

Dang choices and decisions. I'll study more but Maybe i'll lean towards Logan 17500....but that copper....

archimedes

Flashaholic
Logan 17500 is my favorite too, especially in steel.

Yes, I think the narrow optic is best for general "keyring" use.

If you decide to go with the Logan + momentary, I like to add the clip on that particular setup.

And if you want to go with red metals, I would suggest brass instead of copper. Peak does a very fine job with brass.

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently received my eiger back from peak after a warranty repair. The qtc module went bad and it wouldn't light up very well. Works pretty good now. Two complaints.

The qtc module is not secured in the light and easy fall out during battery changes.

And the output is very finicky and flickers.

Vemice

Enlightened
Sounds like it is missing the split-ring section that holds it in place. A bit tricky to install though.
GRRxvGNl.jpg

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure is, didn't know that was a thing. Kind of figured Peak would send it back properly repaired :shrug:

Mgizler

Enlightened

If you decide to go with the Logan + momentary, I like to add the clip on that particular setup.

And if you want to go with red metals, I would suggest brass instead of copper. Peak does a very fine job with brass.

Couldn't agree more. The brass is fantastic.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
As much as I appreciate all the info, I think I might pass on peak Eiger for the moment.

I really don't need more lights and I'm sure i already have plenty that can easily fill the role of one of these.

If I do decide to try one, I'm pretty sure it'll be the Logan 17500. Not sure if I'd choose pocket or keychain with momentary though. I'd go stainless as well, unless a copper version 2as offered, but i don't see that happening

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like it is missing the split-ring section that holds it in place. A bit tricky to install though.

Thanks for the pics Vermice, I've been wishing to see something like that for ages.
How do you squeeze the split ring down at the bottom of a thin tube?
P

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay, disregard my last post...i caved:ohgeez:

I went SS Logan 17500, narrow, keychain with momentary, hicri, adapter kit (even though I could take up slop in other ways)

Now for the clip you mention...i thought I could get a Prometheus clip, but looks like oveready is the only option for the Logan 17500?

Vemice

Enlightened
Thanks for the pics Vermice, I've been wishing to see something like that for ages.
How do you squeeze the split ring down at the bottom of a thin tube?
P
Haven't put one in yet but Robyn explained it. I think you insert the pill with split ring pinched in with tweezers or small needle nose perpendicular to the opening. Once in, maneuver it so horizontal and push all the way down on the nylon part. It should lightly "snap" into place. I tried to force one in by laying it on top and pushing on the metal center but it came apart.

LRJ88

Enlightened
Haven't put one in yet but Robyn explained it. I think you insert the pill with split ring pinched in with tweezers or small needle nose perpendicular to the opening. Once in, maneuver it so horizontal and push all the way down on the nylon part. It should lightly "snap" into place. I tried to force one in by laying it on top and pushing on the metal center but it came apart.

I used a ballpoint pen when i had to install a pill on mine, took it apart and used the body of the pen to get a stable platform around the contact plate while slowly pushing the pill in until it clicked into place.

Vemice

Enlightened
I used a ballpoint pen when i had to install a pill on mine, took it apart and used the body of the pen to get a stable platform around the contact plate while slowly pushing the pill in until it clicked into place.
Thanks for that. Great idea.