Peak LED Solutions' Atlantic 1-Watt Luxeon

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
Peak LED Solutions\' Atlantic 1-Watt Luxeon

I received my sample of Peak LED Solutions Atlantic 1-Watt LED flashlight. As with all Peak lights I found the Atlantic to have an excellent fit and finish. It looks like a mini 2D flashlight. The Atlantic 1-Watt flashlight has a twist on/off switch and uses a reflector.

The Atlantic 1-Watt is about the same size as a Surefire E1e w/ KL1 LED module or a LongBow Micra 2210S. I found it's beam to be whiter and brighter than my Arc 4+, E1e w/ KL1 and LongBow Micra 2210S. The Atlantic 1-Watt will available at the end of this week.

peak_atlanta_1watt.jpg

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Peak LED Solutions\' Atlantic 1-Watt Luxeon

Not that I doubt it at all, but i wonder if you won the lux lotto on that one. 1 watt with a reflector on 1X123 blasting out the highly efficent TIROS optic in the new
KL-1 3 watt and an arc-4?

I am not a fan of the size and price either, but that aside, if it has that much balls i am really looking forward to other peak light's! VDG

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
TORCH_BOY said:
Interesting, what type of battery does it take.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Atlantic uses one CR123A lithium cell.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

the body looks as that of old Mc-Kinley.... and the head silghtly ugly...
was it in hush-rush that the light was designed?

I would prefer a light that is of Mc-Kinley size (or may be slightly longer) but surely not more than that diameter... ... diameter of the head.... looks like twice that of the battery compartment...

Mc-Kinley sized light (in diameter) & Length ... with a Reflector and Lux III would sure be a killer seller.... even at a price..

just my 2 ¥

buba

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
PocketLights.com said:
I received my sample of Peak LED Solutions Atlantic 1-Watt LED flashlight. As with all Peak lights I found the Atlantic to have an excellent fit and finish. It looks like a mini 2D flashlight. The Atlantic 1-Watt flashlight has a twist on/off switch and uses a reflector.

The Atlantic 1-Watt is about the same size as a Surefire E1e w/ KL1 LED module or a LongBow Micra 2210S. I found it's beam to be whiter and brighter than my Arc 4+, E1e w/ KL1 and LongBow Micra 2210S. The Atlantic 1-Watt will available at the end of this week.

peak_atlanta_1watt.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the new review up on Peak Review it is has less throw and overall output than the Surefire E2L (E1E/KL1 combo), pricing seems to be the same as the E2L. This may be a good alternative to the E2L E1E/KL1 combo if it has more sidespill than the KL1.

davidra

Enlightened

Yes, and it has slightly better throw but less overall output than a QIII. And costs about four times as much. No momentary, no clickie, no stages. I wish you best of luck.

Donovan

Enlightened

I agree, this thing is WAY overpriced for a mere 1w luxeon. Knowing Peak, I'm sure it's great quality, but it's pricepoint is just too high in a market they are late getting to... If it were priced under $50 it would be a good light, but at over $100....

gorlank

Enlightened

I'm a big Peak fan but the light is overpriced. The Q III costs around $40 and will clean the Atlantic's clock.

Mattman

Enlightened

The Atlantic has some advantages over the QIII. Two that come immediately to mind are run time and HAIII finish. Even with those advantages, the Atlantic is still just a 1W and maybe good for a $10-15 premium over the QIII. Honestly, the $120 price is a throwback to the days when we were amazed by the new 1W Luxeons, not today when everyone is using them in affordable lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jhereg

Enlightened

I like the 3 LED Peak light I currently have. I would like another one, but have to agree on $120 for a 1W light. There are too many of them starting at $20 - $30. It needs to be really bright, or really small for me to spend that kind of money. What I really want is a HA 3W or 5W (1) AAA light I can replace my light I wear on the lanyard with.

rp42995

Newly Enlightened

it would be pretty tough spending $120 on a 1 watt I am sure it's a great great light (even though I spent $100 on a TNC Keylux AA 350mA but that one is a work of art)I am sure they will come down in price

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

I figure it is priced in the same range as an Arc LS. Throw in the extra $20 for increased brightness along the lines of a LS-P and it is about the same. I don't do lithium lights for EDC, rechargables are my thing but it causes me to ponder. Wonder how much the AAA Luxeon will cost?

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened

I hate to sound like a broken record but this is way too expensive. I own some Peak lights and i like 'em but i can't see myself spending $120 for a basic 1W. At this moment there are TOO many choices out there that can and will outperform the Atlantic at a much lower price. I don't know know who came up the starting pricepoint but they better reconsider if they want to sell these things.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast

If Peak could somehow get ahold of the 160 lumen at 350ma 1 Watt LEDs due out later this year, THEN this light would be a top seller right now.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think you're going to see a price drop in the near future. Who wants to bet that it will be under eighty dollars in two months?

Given the current market conditions what do you think the price should be? I would price it at 79.95 and after a few months if volume doesn't pick up then I would price it 59.95. I would think if it were regulated you could get an extra 19.00 for it. I also think adding different battery options would increase the value.

Just my two cents worth that will stay in my pocket in till the price drops

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought it was regulated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif.