• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Led Solutions - Product Lineup

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, a couple days ago I ordered an Eiger 10440(AAA) SS, keychain model, cool, medium, power level 8. For some reason my order is on hold. I wonder if that means my light still has to be built?

Norm

Retired Administrator
From what I remember your order goes on hold until it ships, it is the only option available with the software used by Peak.
Norm

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks so much clint! Great work!

But, I still don't see much of a difference between the Glacier Bay, Atlantic, Caribbean, and Mediterranean - they're all CR123 lights no? And two with a slightly bigger head, two with smaller ones. But what other difference is there, if any?

Crater_Crater

Newly Enlightened
Can we get any more info about the SR3000, and SR2000? They seem like interesting lights, if a little pricey.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
I would definately like to learn about the SR series, any info? The Peak website says they are being released in December, so there must be some new tidbits.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curt,

Any sneak peaks of the new SST-90 SR2000? I remember you saying something about your testing in another thread, and you caught my interest.

Curt R

Enlightened
I need to make a decision between two different electronics packages, and I am still waiting on the reflector to get here so I can finish the mechanical design.

Curt

hogger

Newly Enlightened
I will see if I can pull some beamshots to this thread. The different model #'s correspond directly with the newer Lithium Ion battery offerings that are out there- the 10440 is the same size as a AAA cell. I prefer to use AAA NiMH in my Eigers- but some of the Li Ion cells are pushing well over 3v and the Eiger Rebel emitter can handle it. I may switch in the future- but the #8 cool medium that I have puts out a HUGE amount of Light. SS (Stainless Steel) is additional $10 upcharge as opposed to HA and Brass. The wide emitter is slightly shorter than the Medium and Narrow and therefore shortens the overal length of the light- but not by much. I am a twistie fan- you may be too if you have edc'd an Arc for a while- the amount of light is far greater than the single or even the 3led Peak Materhorn that I used to edc. Blown away by the output of the #8. You may prefer the Cool tint as opposed to the Natural- more Arc like IMHO. More later.

What kind of runtime do you get with that batt. setup?

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
What kind of runtime do you get with that batt. setup?

I usually run short bursts of 2 minutes or less at a time- with AAA eneloop- I get a decent amount of runtime- maybe about 20-30 minutes before it starts dropping off- but I like to keep my eneloop topped off- every day or every other day at work. runtime will encrease with the energizer lithium primary. my daughter read a book during a nighttime drive we had and she was able to read for about an hour with the #8 in the car with a new energizer lithium primary.

hogger

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Rage.

So looking thru the spec sheet on the eiger #8 power, with a reg alky a eneloop and a 10440 you have three totaly diffrent lights. Cool!!!!

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Thanks Rage.

So looking thru the spec sheet on the eiger #8 power, with a reg alky a eneloop and a 10440 you have three totaly diffrent lights. Cool!!!!

Sure- don't forget the energizer lithium primary L91(?) they usually are about 1.7v out of the package...so really 4.....:wave:

Buck

Newly Enlightened
Does Peak do custom color LED production? I use some pitiful old 4x5mm LED-Lite red and green flashlights as bow aspect lights on my sea kayak. They are described in these old posts:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2161350&postcount=74
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2180823&postcount=10

Using 3 x 1550 mAh NiMH Maha AA cells, they run for about 24 hours, so maybe from this and the typical 5 mm LED performance someone can tell me the light output. It was about right: more would be nice for visibility, but I like my night vision and not to have dazzling lights nearby when I'm enjoying the darkness, so I'd like to stay about here or just a little brighter. In a dark background, they can be seen form over half a mile.

These aren't very well made, so I'm constantly worried that they'll leak saltwater and fail unexpectedly, and I'd like to have the same color output in a 1xAA format, since I've ditched all my non-Eneloop NiMH cells and hate wasting 6 Sanyos on those crappy lights.

So, I'd like a pair of 1xAA lights with red and green LEDs with light flux similar to my old setup, runtime about 6 hours with Eneloops, highly corrosion resistant bodies (stainless steel, probably) and water-resistant against frequent seawater splashes, with a solid lanyard attachment on the tail. Output angle isn't terribly important, but wide is probably good since my lightboard collects and scatters the light toward those I want to see it, and throw just lights up my bow and generates glare. Prefer a single LED, not a cluster of 5mms, just as a prejudice against the bad old days. Going 2xAA is OK too if needed for runtime, but no lithiums as I want to keep these AA compatible and refuse to own any 14500 Li cells to insure that there are no incidents based on confusion of chemistry and form factor. Are these available?

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
A question for Curt. On the dealer website the Rainier is listed as 350-400 lumens. In the announcement for the 2009 law enforcement lights the lumen output is listed as 200-230. Why the difference and which is correct? Thanks.

easilyled

Flashaholic
A question for Curt. On the dealer website the Rainier is listed as 350-400 lumens. In the announcement for the 2009 law enforcement lights the lumen output is listed as 200-230. Why the difference and which is correct? Thanks.

Could be that the one listed as 350-400 lumens uses an SSC-P7 led (quad-dice), while the one listed as 200-230 lumens uses an SSC-P4 led (single-die).

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is also a direct drive version as well and I believe that this is the one for which the higher output is specified. You can have a Rainer set up just about any way you want.

A polished brass direct drive Rainier P7 sounds very interesting.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I might be wrong but I'd imagine that a Rainier with a P7 in it would have some resistance built-in to limit the current to about 1.5A max.

At this current the lumen output would be around the 400 mark.

If it was direct-drive, the current draw would be dangerously high for a RCR123 li-ion as the cell doesn't have enough capacity.
The volume of metal to heatsink would also not be enough in such a small light, causing over-heating.

I have a Rainier with a P4 that is direct-drive though and with an RCR123, it is probably producing around 150 (out the front) lumens.