• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Pelican 2360, 2AA, 375 lumen, $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitedrive

Newly Enlightened

nitedrive

Newly Enlightened
I saw this light on Slick Deals. Funny that people over there gave it a big thumbs down!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Agreed! Bought one. Bright, white light, and mode repertoire is programmable.

Got mine set for low/high(29/375) and find the low just right for many, many uses and if I end up in a "what was that over there?" scenario it easily climbs to high mode and easily lights an area about the size of a soccer field.

Normally I don't dig on pocket clips but I like what Pelican did with this one. At first I removed it thinking I'd use a lanyard but ended up putting it back on and using it. Probably sucks as a belt clip in foot pursuit situations.. too short for wide belts, but it's great for pocket carry.

Last edited:

Arizona_Mike

Newly Enlightened
Mine just arrived. The high and the strobe are great. Low flickers bad (like a candle in a draft) with fully charged Eneloops, much less so with the provided alkalines, but still detectable. The flicker is so annoying that I wish there was a high-strobe program without low.

Mike

Last edited:

Arizona_Mike

Newly Enlightened
Edit. The flicker I am seeing is some kind of PWM+Brain/Retina interaction. The sun has gone down enough for the cealing fan and shower tests and the PWM is indeed constant slow and severe. It is a very poorly executed PWM design.

Last edited:

Wicho

Enlightened
Interesting about the flicker on low. One of mine does it on eneloops, four others don't. There is definitely PWM on low, which my kids love when shining the light on fidget spinners

Empath

Flashaholic
........the discussions of the products themselves can take place in the appropriate forum on CPF.

The above quote comes from the yellow policy banner at the top of each page of the "Good Deals" forum. The discussion of the light will need to be taken there.

Status
Not open for further replies.