Petzl Actik Core

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Just picked up one of these headlamps today and i have to say the housing feels really flimsy. Has anyone used one of these headlamps long term? Whats your thoughts and opinions on it?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using a Petzl Tactikka RGB for about 3 yrs now and have no issues, yet, with the plastic failing.
Like you, first impressions, thought the plastic case would not hold up, or at least the tilting head adjustments would wear out or break.
So far so good. I've worn it under house crawl space, into attic, and regular use in garage. The compact size and light weight makes it comfortable when working with hands free.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Oh ok thats good to hear. I planned on taking this hiking out in the backcountry. It just really surprised me when i took it out of the box.

What type of batteries do you use with yours? Did you go with the core rechargeable?

AdventureBoi

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up one of these headlamps today and i have to say the housing feels really flimsy. Has anyone used one of these headlamps long term? Whats your thoughts and opinions on it?
I have one of them an never had a problem.
Rough military training, light rain, -20°C(?), many many adventures...it never failed on me.