PF14! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was another great Phonton Fest in Califon. Thanks again Milky and family for taking care of us so well. Milky, it was nice to see Marie again. She is a lovely hostess. (ask her what I mean) Great lights, great friends, old and new. We shall meet again!!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sorta captures what it looks like when Juggernaut accidentally bumps into the switch on his can light, with it's 1,000 watt air craft landing bulb. I just remember going temporarily blind, and then laughing.

I think he was looking for something, but this was an instance where the amount of light made it impossible to see anything one would be looking for.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to all for a GREAT PF14!! Hope everyone made it home safe.

Enjoyed all the custom builds and showing the WiseLeds! Here's some pics!

Here's Macs new EDC!! Good seeing you and love my new EDC Ti.!

IMG_7380.jpg

But the light! It's so beautiful!! Jdriller checking out the custom

IMG_7381.jpg

Is this damn thing sizzling??:D

IMG_7382.jpg

Scott(Milky) and Scott(TB) Meeting of the minds!

IMG_7383.jpg

And you guys thought the WiseLed Tactical 2000 was big!! I think we eliminated any doubt that the Tactical does put out 2000 Lumens.:D

IMG_7377.jpg

You guys and gals are the best! Thanks again.

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Love the pics - thanks for sharing everyone. :twothumbs

That new "Big Mac" is a scary awesome light. :drool:

Dave's showing all the secrets to the SPY programming? :eek:oo: Now everyone's going to be able to make their own SPY lights! :laughing:

:thumbsup: john

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the pics - thanks for sharing everyone. :twothumbs

That new "Big Mac" is a scary awesome light. :drool:

Dave's showing all the secrets to the SPY programming? :eek:oo: Now everyone's going to be able to make their own SPY lights! :laughing:

:thumbsup: john

It was a great PF again! I had such a good time. So many interesting people. Thanks Milky. :)

jch, I hope you can come to one of these, we all want to see all those fantastic PhotonFanatic lights you have. :poke: :popcorn:lovecpf

Cheers
Dave

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
'Nuther bug on the ceiling it seems...

34dhsft.jpg

Ray showing Dave the newest in TV technology while Tim looks on...

29maucl.jpg

Karl

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to see everyone once again! I'm glad the rain held off for the most part.

Also big thanks to Scott and especially Heather for allowing us to once again ransack their home. Also big thanks to 4-7s for sending representative Trevor to the mix with a box of goodies! Nice to meet you Trevor and thanks again.

Also, longest distance traveled goes out to Derrick once again. I don't think it was even close, but we did have folks from all over the place. It was great that you could all make it.

Lots of cool lights and good friends. That's what its all about!

Can't wait till the next one.

MSax

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Amazing event, Thanks so much Milky for hosting and letting us run amuck through your house:thumbsup:. High lights were definitely: driving the Segway, seeing a Maxabeam, DEFT, and Hyper Blitz first hand, witnessing the Stupid amount of Lumens coming out of the WiseLed Tactical:twothumbs, and many more "I'm sure I forgot tons of other things:shrug:".

P.S. Sorry to anyone I blinded with The CAN light, next year it to will have a key switch, so I don't accidentally bump it on again:ohgeez:!

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
P.S. Sorry to anyone I blinded with The CAN light, next year it to will have a key switch, so I don't accidentally bump it on again:ohgeez:!

I guess you should apologize to yourself too. :poke: I remember you telling me to be careful that you sometimes accidentally turn on the CanLight. Just as you said it, you instinctually looked at it and it TURNED ON.
Beam_cannon_by_ChaosMole.gif

Juggernaut - PM sent.

MSaxatilus was very nice to me twice. Letting me come along and something else that I will not reveal unless he gives permission. I'll just say it was very generous.

Stan was great and let me ride his Segway. I appreciate he trusted me not to crash it. :sweat: 'cause I couldn't afford to fix it and he would have to pay for my plane ticket to stay at his house as his slave until I paid it off. :grin2: I told my friends about it and now we all want one. Now to check the prices and confirm that I can't afford one.

Data was great too. I bugged him with a few questions and kept borrowing his Tri-V. Damn, that thing is a perfect EDC. If he stops coming to the Photon Fest, I may end up buying one because I won't get my six month fix. Though I borrowed enough times that I think I went through a set of batteries. Oh, we (Dave and I) tried it full power with the aspheric in the black hole. You couldn't identify the trees from the forest at the farthest point, but the tiny Tri-V could really throw!

Trevor - I know you didn't get the E-Mail, but thanks anyway. So just send me a sample Fenix TA21 and I'll send it back in a few days. I promise! Everybody is amazed by the MiniCR2. I know it is only rated for 3V, but what could happen if I get a Li-Ion 3.7V rechargeable? (I bought 10 CR2 from Milkyspit, so I have plenty)

I know I left many others out. But everyone was great.

Milkyspit - As usual, thanks for letting us trash your place, torment your kids and embarrass your wife. We can't wait to do it again in six months! By the way, my friend loves his light. It may not be high CRI, but we tested it on his trashbag of discarded wires and it differentiated them just fine.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky: Thanks for a great time at your place, and the parts. Phlat Stanley Rocks!

Juggernaut: Thanks for bringing those fabulous toys, you've instilled in me a respect for incand's
PM sent on Reflectalite

Data: Chainmail! Seriously Chainmail, I love it.

karlthev & mendamarsh: thanks for bringing out the maxabeams, thats right 2.
That is one precise SPOTlight.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, we (Dave and I) tried it full power with the aspheric in the black hole. You couldn't identify the trees from the forest at the farthest point, but the tiny Tri-V could really throw!

So that's what was going on! :) I saw you shine the Tri-V's aspheric into the black hole and I was thinking "WHAT THE?! HOW THE?!?" as it did an amazing job throwing that beam out there considering the size of the Tri-V, and the small apsheric lens. However, I never saw a XR-E being driven that hard. Was it running at 2A or 3A? I'm guessing 3A. :)

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
WadeF - I loaned Dave two IMRs so he could use it at full power. He did tell me what amp, but I don't remember. I thought I heard him count to twenty when he programed it. Hopefully he will chime in.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way incase everyone didn't notice.....Juggernaut rules!

Great stuff bud, keep up the great work!

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
MSaxatilus was very nice to me twice. Letting me come along and something else that I will not reveal unless he gives permission. I'll just say it was very generous.

I was nice to someone TWICE!!! Damn, I have to be more careful next time. I have a "only-be-nice-to-people-once" rule. :devil:

I'll have to do something mean to FA next time to make things even again!!

Beware.......

MSax

OscarTheDog

Enlightened
There was a guy that had a bunch of Spyderco's cant remember his name. I just want to thank you for showing my son and i your knifes and it looks like i maybe getting a SuperHawk because of you LOL Thanks

OTD

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a guy that had a bunch of Spyderco's cant remember his name. I just want to thank you for showing my son and i your knifes and it looks like i maybe getting a SuperHawk because of you LOL Thanks

OTD

I'm think your talking about AnimalhousePA(Jim) :thumbsup:

TOB9595

Enlightened
Derek had quite a number of Spydies also...

It was a VERY cool PF14.
So many new kids and still the old folk are hangin round...What a fine turnout.

Thanks to all of you.

You all made it so enjoyable
Tom