Philips Nightguide Platinum: how are they?

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
And what do you mean I can't use a multi meter in my bulb socket to check voltage? That makes no sense to me as probing wiring and sockets is a huge part of my job, you're saying those voltage readings are fake?
Measuring the voltage at an empty bulb socket just shows the voltage without load. It doesn't tell you the voltage under load (which is the voltage while the bulb is running), and it doesn't tell you where any loss may be occurring (the feed side or the ground side).

The method described on this page (scroll down to "How to Measure the Voltage Drop") shows how to check the voltage while the bulb is in place and will help you determine where any losses are occurring.

Mr. Merk

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a couple sets of Philips Xtreme Vision H7 bulbs yesterday and my supplier sent me NightGuide Platinum. Have these superseded the XV? Would I be doing my client an injustice installing these in their Boxster?

EJR

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a couple sets of Philips Xtreme Vision H7 bulbs yesterday and my supplier sent me NightGuide Platinum. Have these superseded the XV? Would I be doing my client an injustice installing these in their Boxster?

See HERE where it was stated that Philips has replaced the XV line with NG.

Mr. Merk

Newly Enlightened
See HERE where it was stated that Philips has replaced the XV line with NG.
Thank you. I'm glad it was confirmed. I did note that the packaging said they were designed in Germany and manufactured in Poland, not China as reporter early on. Daniel Stern said they were fine, but I'm also going to try and stock up on his 65w bulbs.