Picked up a collection of 300 vintage flashlights at auction

kgroenland

Newly Enlightened
For some reason I was never able to get the CPF Marketplace site to load until this morning. Half the time I try to log on here, it's down as well so that's why I was never able to post on the marketplace. I sell faucets on ebay full time for a living, so I don't mind the fees, and I think it's the best way for me to move these. I will start most of them at $1.99 and the shipping is $5.99 for each light and of course I will combine shipping, I am NOT looking to make money off shipping at all. A far as the "No return" policy, I did not notice I had it set that way, I have changed the return policy to a 7 day, so if you get the light and it does not match the description, I will take it back at the buyers shipping expense. I will try my best to "test every light to see if it works, but I am not going to spend much time if it does not fire up right away, there are simply too many lights. If anyone has a particular light they want me to list, just send me a message and I will put it up for you.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
FYI I won't play auction games. Do us a favor and just cut to the chase and do buy it now.
Same here, too much anguish involved, especially when you realize you haven't been able to get online for five hours and the auction ended 30 minutes ago.

Rich, nice sig line! Waiting for the Sun is a reference to your lights!

Straker

Newly Enlightened
ugh! I am jealous XD There are some gorgeous lights in there! I'm seeing a few with the repositionable head pieces. I had one of those as a kid but it didn't work very well.

SeberHusky

Newly Enlightened
Very nice! If I were you, I'd just keep them all! Because I bet you won't get more from selling them then what you paid for them. A lot of people are picky about their antiques (not me!), the slightest bit of damage will net you 0 bids.

Here's a good place to help you in your auction listings, I've seen a lot of these lights on here before:
http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/collectors.cfm

Also, any type of sandpaper will work well at getting battery corrosion from the springs and connectors. Works every time for me! Just be careful, as with some heavily rusted ones, the more you sand, the less you're going to have left!

I see some old Bond lights from the 1920's in there!

fishndad

Enlightened
Very nice collection! Looks like you scored there.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the person who sold them to you is a flashaholic. Just a wild guess. :laughing:

Id say the person who (sold them) tollerated the flashaholic LOL and hopefully for many good years.

zenbeam

Enlightened
Just had to say wow! Thanks for sharing that. I can really appreciate that having grown up in an antique collecting family. I don't know much specifically about vintage lights, but they are cool!

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
The person who collected those lights was probably a flashaholic. This person is rolling over in their grave. You must have picked up those lights from an estate auction. Good score.

fishndad

Enlightened
Jackpot ! ! !

:thumbsup:

Quite a collection here.

Would love to see 'em individually photographed. :)

Lots of Boat-tail Switches in the bunch.

First thing I would do:

Open up every single one, and check the insides for
possible damage from leaking batteries.

Put those tainted specimens in a separate box.

Then, i'd sort them according to Battery Size.

By the way, we would all LOVE to see more photos of these stately beauties.

Bet many of 'em would have Quite a Story to tell !

:welcome:
_
what he said
dont just jump to EBAY, CPF has all the expertise to gt you the most out of this collection and the guys and gals
who end up owning them will appreciate what someone once thought of them himself(obviously very much)

WWWW

Newly Enlightened
Thats is a really fantastic collection mate!! What a great score!!

Latest posts