***Pictures*** Armytek Barracuda (XM-L U2 thrower, 1160 LED lm)

Tiresius

Enlightened
Now that is an attractive thrower. Love the mat finish and the light overall but cannot afford to buy lights :(

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
I really want to get this light. I love my Predator and looking at the pics and specs of this one, it is one hell of a sexy light.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well they state throw 500 m which probably means 0.25 lux at 500 m. That corresponds to an effective lux of 62500 at 1 m.

If so, that means this light is actually a reflector thrower competing in throw with Tiablo A9 with asperic lens!
But I would like to see a runtime graph at the highest mode. Is the brightness really stable for 1h 30m, and with which battery setup? Would like to see the graph for 2x18650s.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is spectacular!

it looks like its beam is almost just as intense as the Dereelight XSearcher, U2 but a whole lot more usable, no?

excellent post man!

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
tobrien Barracuda and XSearcher hotspot is very similar intense, yes.

Last edited:

rocketsurgeon01

Newly Enlightened
Exactly! For me, that makes it for more appealing. Surefire will probably give us a 18650 capable light about the time the cell is replaced my something else.

Surefire doesn't have an 18650 design??!! Does anybody know why? I'd rather use one 18650 than two CR123As just for safety reasons and quick change-out. That's a noodle scratcher right there.

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
first post updated: new beamshots with Nitecore MT26 and Rofis TR31C + Barracuda with 4.19V batteries and 3.70V batteries.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see a beamshot comparison using that same outdoor area between the Microfire and the TK35, as they seem fairly similar in beam profile. Is the Microfire a nice light?

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
tobrien

did you know Armytek is linking to your awesome review on the Barracuda page?

I didn't know, but I'm glad, thanks.

the 4.19V and 3.70V battery beamshots look the same to me, a result of the driver being good?

The driver is excellent, I wrote, nothing pwm, no flickering, no noise etc. and you see no visible difference 4.19V or 3.7V batteries.

HighlanderNorth

I'd like to see a beamshot comparison using that same outdoor area between the Microfire and the TK35, as they seem fairly similar in beam profile. Is the Microfire a nice light?

I will make TL2 vs TK35 beamshot later. The MicroFire is an excellent quality flashlight, one of the best build quality chinese flashlight what I have seen. Nothing pwm, noise, flickering etc. Very unique beam type, huge hotspot, slightly corona with huge spill. I think TK35 is brighter but TL2 is very close to Fenix. I hope you understand.

Last edited:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
first post updated: added new gif animations: Rofis TR31C, Nitecore MT26, Sunwayman T20CS, Lumintop Hunter T5.

cyclesport

Enlightened
Great beam shots! The neighbor who's roof you're using for the comparisons must love you:hairpull:.

Latest posts