Playing with QTCs / Fun with QTC / Merged

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought about this quite a bit and came up with another mod incorporating QTCs. I started with mydaughter's 4Sevens Preon with the twisty body. The tail cap can be removed on this light and it only holds a spring. Here's a picture of that light before being modded:
DSC_3030.jpg

This is the stock tail cap next to the QTC parts:
DSC_3034.jpg

DSC_3038.jpg

DSC_3039.jpg

Here's the light turned on at a fairly low level. The second picture is the same picture, but, with the flash turned off so that you can see that the flash didn't contribute to the the glow of the emitter:
DSC_3040.jpg

DSC_3042.jpg

Here's how the light looks now with the QTC modded tail. The head is tightened down all the way and the tail cap is now used to turn the light on and off.
DSC_3043.jpg

You can still switch modes using the modded tail cap and tightening the cap tighter will increase brightness to the maximum allowed for whatever mode you are in.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to PCC --

Brilliant !

:thumbsup:

Just wondering . . . .

Any current drain, when the flashlight is "turned off" ? ? ?

borrower

Enlightened
Just wanted to share my trials+tribulations... this is an external control for a headlamp using QTC. http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-diy-do-yourself/qtc-infinite-variability-730630.html

You'll have to read through a couple of failures before getting to the version that worked.

While the exact construction won't drop right into a flashlight, I hope this can spawn some good ideas.

And for the record, a Lummi Wee with QTC is easy (literally just drop the QTC on the battery and screw it back together) and awesome.