Please help with Akoray K-106

B

blaster668

I just received a K-106 . It is the 3 mode programmable version. The problem is, I can't get it to enter any programming mode. I've been trying the turn it on, then 5, 6, 7 half presses etc. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

parkerdude

Newly Enlightened
So how do we tell which model we are getting. I just bought a 3 mode after not understanding whether or not the programmable model was still available.

I think the 6 mode is the one that has 3 brightness level programmable by the user.

Unfortunately I just bought the 3 mode by mistake. Not a complete loss, but I wanted a very low "Low" mode, like 20 - 50 lumens.

Can anyone add or contribute something constructive?

Thanks!

romteb

Enlightened
I just received a K-106 from KD. It is the 3 mode programmable version. The problem is, I can't get it to enter any programming mode. I've been trying the turn it on, then 5, 6, 7 half presses etc. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

You might have got the non programmable version.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So how do we tell which model we are getting. I just bought a 3 mode after not understanding whether or not the programmable model was still available.

I think the 6 mode is the one that has 3 brightness level programmable by the user.

Unfortunately I just bought the 3 mode by mistake. Not a complete loss, but I wanted a very low "Low" mode, like 20 - 50 lumens.

Can anyone add or contribute something constructive?

Thanks!

I got the K-109 3 mode version (CR123) and it wasn't very bright on primaries and it isn't programmable.

I later ordered the 3 mode programmable version. It was about $20 vs. the non-programmable version that was about $10.

The programmable version had a black o-ring in the head and an orange tail cap cover. The non-programmable version had a green tail cap cover and a GITD o-ring in the head.

Neither of the item descriptions mentioned programming. I had just heard that the more expensive light was programmable.

Last edited:

parkerdude

Newly Enlightened
I got the K-109 3 mode version (CR123) and it wasn't very bright on primaries and it isn't programmable.

I later ordered the 3 mode version and it was the programmable version. It was about $10 vs. another version that was about $20.

The programmable version had a black o-ring in the head and an orange tail cap cover. The non-programmable version had a green tail cap cover and a GITD o-ring in the head.

Neither of the item descriptions mentioned programming. I had just heard that the more expensive light was programmable.

All of this attention may be of some enlightenment.

gcbryan notes that the programmable model has a red/orange tail switch and a black gasket at the front lens.

"SPOILER ALERT" - THIS IN NOT AN ENDORSEMENT!

[endorsement link deleted - DM51]

I'm not saying that I know anything. I just like to stir the pot sometimes. Based on this info, one day I will probably buy this just to find out.

I am a little pissed. I did want the programmable model. This one is just a $2.61 more, and the little [language deleted] on me just 4 minutes into the 14500 lithium trial.

My only reservation is if this 6-mode, (with the orange tail switch) unit is the famed "user programmable" model, and will it use and LIVE while using a 14500 lithium battery.

That's pretty much the only way I'd use a single cell light, is if it will work with a 3.7v lithium. Working with a single AA would be great too. It would make this my favorite "gift" light.

Your thoughts?

p.s. I'm still interested in finding a 3-mode (H-M-L), 15mm driver, that would handle 4.2v - 4.5v, for modding these single cell lights.

DM51

Flashaholic
It would appear some members have failed to read the Policy Announcement in this forum. Among other things, it says the following:

Effective immediately, threads or posts that are considered by staff to be advertising, or solely for the purpose of providing links or pointers to new products, will stand to be closed, links removed, or deleted in their entirety, without warning or explanation.

Members who persist in posting or quoting such material are advised that their posting authority may be limited or withdrawn.

If I have to edit any more posts that fail to comply, the thread will be closed.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow DM51, this is getting to be a trend, isn't it? What's up with the OP's join date and # of posts? You have to wonder...

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OP didn't break any rules (that I know of). Every post on this forum is asking about a light. I get the moderators comments regarding the links but the OP didn't post those links.

I see no reason to close a thread because someone other than the OP broke a rule. The rule breakers comments should be deleted (if that's necessary).

I'm sure other members have had the issues that the OP had so it seems like a useful post to me. Not trying to second guess the moderator here. Just comments on shao.fu.tzer's post.

DM51

Flashaholic
The OP didn't break any rules (that I know of).
... but you DON'T know, do you? I edited his post, so you can't see what was there before.

It is less annoying when a new member inadvertently breaks a rule than when a longer-established member (such as yourself) does. I have already had to edit 5 posts in just this one thread, and make 2 posts of my own (including this one) to remove references that should never have been posted and remind people YET AGAIN not to post them.

parkerdude

Newly Enlightened
DM51, and any other CPF member that are offended, I sincerely apologize. It's true, I haven't read the Policy Announcement as I should.

I will re-read the term of use more thoroughly. I will make sure that in the future, my posts comply.

Thanks,

Last edited: