plywood flashlights

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are nice & unique builds you are doing. ..........
Very nice job. I love the look and they are practical! ..........

C'est véritablement joli puisque c'est utile.
It is truly beautiful since it is useful.
(Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

alpg88,
I love the idea too. Can I commission you to make one?
A small unit: 2x 18650, a thrower, with recessed shiny Allen bolts, and using toggle switches please?
(No finish, so I could stain and polish it myself).

[Joke] Anyway, I don't like anodising [/Joke]

Wonderful devices!

Last edited:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not built a light in a while - might need to do something in wood. Perfect concepts for father / son / daughter project, as plywood is relatively easy to obtain, cut and file to fit. Who cares if the beam is perfect when you make something with your kids.

Thanks for the inspiration. Don't expect mine to be more than hacks compared to the ones you have made though.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not built a light in a while - might need to do something in wood. Perfect concepts for father / son / daughter project, as plywood is relatively easy to obtain, cut and file to fit. Who cares if the beam is perfect when you make something with your kids.

Thanks for the inspiration. Don't expect mine to be more than hacks compared to the ones you have made though.

actually it may be a good concepts for father / son / daughter project. parts are easy to get, easy to machine materials, (plywood\al.\polycarb), but most important, father\kid time spend together building something you guys can later use around your house. i'm very happy to know my builds inspire someone, thanks.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are very cool sir, I have thought about making a turned one with a triple optic and 3 Nichia LED's for the heck of it.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed all the images are gone, so i'll update, this is what I currently have, about as many are given away over years, have not done much since the kid was born, have many future plans, and collected material, but did not get to it yet.

6df4SVt.jpg