• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pocket Rocket - 8th run XM-L

whizdumb

Newly Enlightened
Hey Download.. Just checking in to see how everything is going. I was wondering what date you will need the remainder of the payment. Thanks Cheers

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the XM-L, High would be about 900lm something.

I should have stated in my previous post that my output "guesstimate" was for "out-the-front" (OTF) lumens, not "bulb lumens", or "over excited marketing lumens". 900 OTF may very well be correct for the Pocket Rocket.:) Of course it will depend somewhat on which emitter is used, also. As I said, it was just a quick guess, without consulting any charts, or specs.

Dave

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
whizdumb,
When I actually finish the lights, will PM you then.
Expected date of delivery is 6 July.

Dave,
Your (OTF) lumens guesstimates are very close. :thumbsup:
Thanks

nasc

Newly Enlightened
Greetings
I would like a ti 8th run light please. u2-1c.

Thanks,
Glen

Sparkss

Newly Enlightened
Reservation fee sent for HAIII Aluminum. The
Default settings: XM-L Cool White U2-1C (6500K-6000), GITD tailcap sound good to me :). Thanks.

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
U2-1C (6500K-6000K)
U2-3S/T6-3A (5300K-5000K)
T5-4A (4750K-4500K)
T5-5A (4250k-3950K) - Out of Stock
T3-6A (3700K-3450K)

Due to the T5-5A is out of stock.
Will wait a few more days, if no re-stock, will use T5-4A instead of T5-5A.
:thanks:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I'll be tickled to death if the PR8 shows around 800L OTF, measured in my non calibrated sphere. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake :)

I know that most everyone wants mega output in a mini package, and perhaps Chan has figured out a way to do this. But this is a small light, much smaller in head diameter than a Surefire 6P. I'm just happy to get a XM-L plus 18650 in titanium for less than my mortgage payment ...

Can't wait to try this one out.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
It's an unscientific estimate only. :p
I certainly understand that, and my comments are not meant to be critical. Remember way back when (mid 2007) the early Cree X-lamps came out ... 100L at the emitter with 350mA. Now the XM-L provides 20% more light output than the XP-G (at the same drive current).

As I said before, a Ti light running the hottest new emitter with 18650 power should be awesome ... especially at a price below $300 :twothumbs

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paypal sent for HAIII, T6-3A.

Too bad the U2's aren't available in 3A, or even 3B. I just hope the 3S isn't too green on low. At least it shouldn't have any blue!

I'm not complaining download, just mumbling. It's cool that you're offering as many choices as you are!:thumbsup:

Dave

nasc

Newly Enlightened
Hi Download,
Do you have a pic of the black tail cap?

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks precisionworks, Masque

45/70, it is the best we can get right now.

nasc, here it is.

P1060827b.jpg

BlackTailcap2a.jpg

:thanks:

Last edited:

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
45/70, it is the best we can get right now.

No problem down, as I said, I was just mumbling.:)

I'd go with the U2-1C, but I really don't like any hint of blue in my LED lights. It may appear to be brighter, but it really isn't. I've replaced HID headlights with halogens in cars for this reason. The halogens don't appear to be as bright, but you can see better, IMO.

Dave

Sparkss

Newly Enlightened
how much if we want a spare tail cap shipped with our light ? (IE: mine was reserved w/ a GITD, but what if I want to swap it later for a black cap). I guess the more important question would be are they user swappable ? (is the switch accessible)