Post your home-made lanyard photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Keep trying, you'll get it.:thinking: It looks simple when finished, but it's a bugger trying to tighten it up without getting the lines crossed up and remembering which direction you're tightening it up in.

dcmf.jpg
mfattachedsalt1.jpg

Last edited:

bruner

Enlightened
I bought a handful of these things at my local Gander Mountain the other day. They are for paracord, but I'm not sure how I might use them properly.

Can anyone here demonstrate some possible uses for these things?

Thanks,
Dan

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
and if someone knows some more paracord weaving methods with lionks to them, that would be great.

here a pic of my first monkey fists.

I didn't manage to stick the ends underneath. so i cut them and melted the ends, seems to be tight.
monkey.jpg

thatguybme

Newly Enlightened
Where do you find the plastic 'end caps' (joins two open ends of paracord) and 'slide lock' (push the button allows it to slide/relocate) pieces?

thanks

b

ghostrider

Enlightened
laserbokkie,
Just now noticed your question directed at me about the Monkey's Fist and apologize for not responding earlier. I see you've got it figured out.

Here is an excellent link for instructions on other different tying methods.
http://www.boondoggleman.com/

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
Thx ghostrider,

am tying and my monkeyfist has gained perfection already.
Can't see them at th moment...they are lying everywhere here in different sizes and colours.....

Unfortunately it turned out to be difficult to get propper paracord here in israel.
Going to a shop that sells rope and asking them if they have an idea where to get this kind of cord in different colours instead of getting their nylon cord....is like insulting the dealers.

Seems i will have to wait until i get back to europe or order them from the states. ubraidit.com offers them for 7 cent per foot. Makes 0.23 bucks per meter = 1.03 new israeli Shekel.....the cheapest 4mm nylon cord here was more than that...but no shipping.

What also helos, taking the inner strands out of the nylon cord helps making them softer.

Will keep on stitching until that is enough as well.

thx again
bokkie

Last edited:

bruner

Enlightened
Here's my latest entry. I've had alot of fun figuring this stuff out.

I'm not sure of the terminology, so I'll just post these pictures.

This first one is what I believe to be called a square sinnet covered by a spiral. The length of material is aprox 6' white and 6' white paracord.

This next one, I'm quite proud of. It's another square sinnet, but it's covered by a cobra knot, alternating between white and black.

Here's how it started out:

And here's how it ended up:

Here's my total collection, so far:

Keep it coming folks, I'm eager to learn.

Thanks for looking,
Dan

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Well, I gave it a try today... and I made my very first lanyard...

here's the result:

Lanyard1.jpg

not bad at all for a first attempt.... Think I'll give this one to my girlfriend tomorrow as a valentinesday gift... (we have a tradition of only giving gifts we made ourselves for valentinesday)

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
She liked it!!

At first she didn't believe I made it :awman: but when I showed her the amount of similar colored paracord under my desk she just had to :)

Think I'll be making quite a few more lanyards... These will be just great as trading materials for my GeoCaching adventures :)

Anyone know any websites with info on lanyardmaking except that boondoggleman and lighthound??

ghostrider

Enlightened
MayCooper said:
She liked it!!

At first she didn't believe I made it :awman: but when I showed her the amount of similar colored paracord under my desk she just had to :)

Think I'll be making quite a few more lanyards... These will be just great as trading materials for my GeoCaching adventures :)

Anyone know any websites with info on lanyardmaking except that boondoggleman and lighthound??
Google Folsom knots. If you still can't find it, I'll link it later tonight.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I made a lanyard type thing for my mini mag. It is basically like a holster for it.

Here is what it looks like with it around the mini mag. I think it will work well for camping, I can put it on a carabiner and attach it to my pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.