Post your lanterns

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
@denbarretsar :
what the hell is this crazy big one in the led picture in the right upper corner...?? Im not sure, but maybe i v seen it in a hidden forum last year? What happend with this project? It sounded so great!
By the way, are you the founder in the blf latern Project?

Sorry for the (3-year late) reply.. yes i am the founder/designer of the BLF LT1 lantern project. (known as DBSAR on many other flashlight, camping, survival sites & Youtube. (as DBSARlight)

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess I qualify now as a lantern collector of sorts as I've acquired a number mostly on sale/clearance and some good ones from thrift shops.

Most are LED but several used flange-base 4.5-6v incan. bulbs which have been converted using Dorcy 30/40 lumen LED bulbs...not really bright (<1W) but good enough for use around the house.

Mostly 3 or 4 cell C or D; no high intensity, nothing expensive with exotic names, just regular OTC retail including Dorcy, Sylvania, Ray-O-Vac, Woods, Coleman, Ventura, Broadstone.

Also have a number of smaller AA or AAA lanterns, nothing exceptional.

I have a Ray-O-Vac 3D Sportsman, then recently found the smaller 3AA version. Similar features, both have twist-detachable diffuser top so can be hung upside-down as area light.

For used ones,it pays to check for damage due to leaked cells, but I've found many which are pristine. Most are being powered by a nearly endless supply of good used alkalines recovered from battery recycling...a topic in itself.

Dave

Last edited:

Treck

Newly Enlightened
Here is a old one. A Railroad Lantern.

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

Oh wow that's awesome, they are beautiful.

Treck

Newly Enlightened
you guys are crazy!
I never thought much of my lanterns, but I have an 'unintentional' collection of about 7.

coleman_dualfuel.jpg
5319-700_500.jpg

candle+lantern.jpg
Rayovac-SE3DLN-Sportsman-Extreme-300-Lumen-LED-Lantern.jpg

also have another old coleman duel burner and a few others I can remember at the moment.

This is unique, I've never seen one of these. I have one of the green double burner lanterns