Post your Nichia 219 4500k beamshots

alvnfrds

Newly Enlightened
Are you running both lights at about the same power level. The Thrunite seems to have a brighter hot spot which can affect the color rendering somewhat. The Malkoff has a wider profile beam. Subtle differences in color rending between the two lights.

Bill

Ti2 80 lm, M61LL 76 lm.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. The color rendering is pretty close to the Nichia 219. The richness is still not as high but that's picking at straws though. The browns, however, are still not as good. Given though that the xpg2 are much more efficient, to get the increase in output but still be at 95% color rendering of the Nichia 219, I would say that's a very good tradeoff.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. The color rendering is pretty close to the Nichia 219. The richness is still not as high but that's picking at straws though. The browns, however, are still not as good. Given though that the xpg2 are much more efficient, to get the increase in output but still be at 95% color rendering of the Nichia 219, I would say that's a very good tradeoff.

I agree with you. It's awesome how similar they seem (IMO)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
gQueHe.jpg
I agree that they both look good but this is the picture that really matters and shows how much important difference there actually is.

The tint showing on the left is not bad at all, but on the right, for those of us who prefer a bit more neutrality, there it is.

Look at how purple the flowers on the left are, while actually pink, as shown on the right.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does the nichia A have just that more hcri than the nichia b?.
I have a beta QR and can't figure out what nichia it has.
bought in the last weeks.
Thanks.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does the nichia A have just that more hcri than the nichia b?.
I have a beta QR and can't figure out what nichia it has.
bought in the last weeks.
Thanks.

From what I understand, the Nichia 219B is brighter than the 219A, but has a cooler tint. So, the Nichia 219A will show off warm tones better than the 219B. They both have very high CRI.

If you look at the spec sheets for each LED, the 219A seems a bit smoother, which should result in better CRI. But it's probably negligible.

Zanders

Newly Enlightened
2nrj7lj.jpg
[/IMG]

Nichia NVSL219BT R85 D220 S3 host left, Zebralight SC62w right.

VishiSingh

Newly Enlightened
From what I understand, the Nichia 219B is brighter than the 219A, but has a cooler tint. So, the Nichia 219A will show off warm tones better than the 219B. They both have very high CRI.

If you look at the spec sheets for each LED, the 219A seems a bit smoother, which should result in better CRI. But it's probably negligible.

I'm into light painting and night landscapes and have ordered an Eagletac MX25L3C with "6 Nichia 219 D220 (CRI-92) 4500K" - as per the Eagletac spec sheet. I've also ordered an Eagletac D25LC2 Clicky with a "Nichia 219 CRI-92 LED" (also as per the Eagletac website spec sheet). Not sure if they are Nichia 219A or 219B or something else entirely?

After seeing the photos on this thread, I am certain that I have made the right decision going with Nichia, but am confused (worried?) about the lack of clarity in nomenclature. Could someone please help me understand that better?:sweat:

Many thanks!

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm into light painting and night landscapes and have ordered an Eagletac MX25L3C with "6 Nichia 219 D220 (CRI-92) 4500K" - as per the Eagletac spec sheet. I've also ordered an Eagletac D25LC2 Clicky with a "Nichia 219 CRI-92 LED" (also as per the Eagletac website spec sheet). Not sure if they are Nichia 219A or 219B or something else entirely?

After seeing the photos on this thread, I am certain that I have made the right decision going with Nichia, but am confused (worried?) about the lack of clarity in nomenclature. Could someone please help me understand that better?:sweat:

Many thanks!

I used to have the D25LC2 with Nichia. It was the Nichia 219A. Man, was that a nice tint!!! Probably the best I've ever seen but I sold it since I just didn't like the UI. It's hard to describe, but it was "warm" without being warm. 4500K is perfect. The 219B @ 5000K is a little cooler than I'd like. but I'm fine with it due to the high CRI.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which nomenclature are you referring to? There's A LOT in the world of LED and flashlights.

If you're referring to "6 Nichia 219 D220 (CRI-92) 4500K" then I guess we can start there:

6 is referring to the number of leds used in the light.
Nichia is the manufacturer of the led. There are many led manufacturers out there, but the main players in the flashlight world is Cree, Nichia, and (at one point in time but not so much as of recent) Luminous.
D220 - Not really sure what this is.
CRI-92 refers to the Color Rendering Index of the led and the light it produces. 92 refers to what level it reaches within that index with 100 being the highest. There is A LOT of discussion on what CRI really means and how important it is (or isn't). Some of it I still don't understand. It's definitely worth a read if you want to understand the light output.
4500k refers to the color temperature of the light. Lower number means the "warmer" the light is (more of a yellow or orange hue vs a cooler light with more of a blue hue).

Many thanks!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Nailbender P60 dropin; a triple Nichia 219B 5000K running at a reported 3.8 Amps makes a snow bank look completely normal- the way it looks during the day, but the kind of soil we have here looks just a little bit darker, richer than daylight, when lit up with this light. It, however, is not distracting. The warmer Nichia are a little distracting to me, but still miles better than the Cree XML2's that I have.

Based on what I have seen here on CPF, and the few videos of beamshots that I have made, there are just too many variabilities to really pin down what the tint of any given flashlight is. Plus, the way we perceive light can be quite different... And so on.