!!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

michaex

Enlightened
I wanted to build one for a long time, finally got all the parts.
100% SF with the exception of Malkoff drop-in :)

20231010_121628.jpg

20231010_121643.jpg

haveyouseenthelight

Newly Enlightened
Great thread, lots of memories of lights I wish I'd bought new, like the E1e, L1 and A2 aviator.

Here's my current SF collection: A couple of E1b-MV, an EDCL1-T, a 6PX Tactical and a 6P original with KX4 LED head (still have the original incan head and 2x P60 somewhere). I'd like to get a current aviator but put off by the cost, and a tactician as it looks EDCable for a 2 cell, but put off due to bad past experiences with twisty head mode changes

sfcollection.jpg

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread, lots of memories of lights I wish I'd bought new, like the E1e, L1 and A2 aviator.

Here's my current SF collection: A couple of E1b-MV, an EDCL1-T, a 6PX Tactical and a 6P original with KX4 LED head (still have the original incan head and 2x P60 somewhere). I'd like to get a current aviator but put off by the cost, and a tactician as it looks EDCable for a 2 cell, but put off due to bad past experiences with twisty head mode changes

View attachment 53267
That kx4 head is quite the flooder eh?

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Thanks @Alaskantinbender

In terms of parts that would be:
- z32 head
- lu60 collar
- a21 housing
- combat ring
- sw02 tailcap

And Malkoff drop-in to make it work. Runtime will depend on drop-in used, keeping in mind it's a 3V setup.
I also try to build a light with lu60 collar and a21 housing. My Malkoff and Lumens factory don't fit. If I try an old incandescent P60 I can screw the head down and it works. Do you need to machine away the lip inside?

Attachments

• IMG_6265.jpeg
    IMG_6265.jpeg
    395.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6263.jpeg
    IMG_6263.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 48

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
It definitely is. The reflector is so shallow with hardly any dish. I remember buying it when they first came out, it was amazing at the time.

Did you get chance to use the one you got recently?
Yes, I use it occasionally when I'm taking the dogs out at night if I'm not worried about proper color rendering. It's a good way to use up the rest of the capacity from my primary cells after they won't run the incandescent anymore in my A2 aviator. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the kx4, its a bit floody and cool for my taste, But it is a neat piece of history for sure

michaex

Enlightened
I also try to build a light with lu60 collar and a21 housing. My Malkoff and Lumens factory don't fit. If I try an old incandescent P60 I can screw the head down and it works. Do you need to machine away the lip inside?
That would depend on the head used. With Z32, it should work as there is additional space in the "shock absorbing" portion. With Z44, my Malkoff's don't fit all the way. Machining may be the way to go there.

I like Z32 heads though ;)

Wdr270

Newly Enlightened
About half of mine. I have duplicates of the EDCL-2t and Aviator that I forgot to pull out as well as P3x Fury Intellibeam, E1L, U2, EDCL-1t and several G2x's. I have a problem.

Attachments

• 402047DE-6490-461C-8490-E2C3975F1435.jpeg
    402047DE-6490-461C-8490-E2C3975F1435.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 79

haveyouseenthelight

Newly Enlightened
Starting to realize that perhaps the EDCL1-T wouuld be perfect for my needs.
I like it but I find the smaller E1B-MV more comfortable for pocket carry. The head on the EDCL1-T adds to the overall length.

I like the gas pedal switch on the EDC1L-T. My EDC1L-T is an older model without the new flared tailcap. I think the new tailcap would make it even better. Throw is obviously much better on the EDC1L-T compared to the E1B-MV thanks to the TIR optic. Beam pattern on the E1B-MV is smoother as it doesn't have the optic artifacts. The ergonomics of the E1B-MV are good for me, it really fits the hand well.

They are both great lights. I'd like to compare them to the new EDC1-DFT but I don't have one (yet...)