Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking collection.

Here is my modest collection. Here is the order in which I got my lights:

G2Z
M6
G2
6PL
6P giftset (gave the 6PL to my dad then bought the giftset haha)
M3T w/M3 head
E1L
E2E (bought for my GF same time as E1L)
L5

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where's that pic, eh? :) Looking forward to seeing the current state of your collection.

Regards,
Tempest

Thanks for the push:eek:
I've been meaning to get it all together for a picture and you got me to:thumbsup:...I need a wide angle lense to fit them all in the shot:ohgeez:
I'll get some better pics today with them sorted out.
Theres a few missing a a few Aleph parts in there too.

009-13.jpg

010-4.jpg

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Impressive stuff :eek: Any new additions planned? You could always use another M6 in there :thumbsup:

Regards,
Tempest

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Impressive stuff :eek: Any new additions planned? You could always use another M6 in there :thumbsup:

Regards,
Tempest

To be honest....none of this craziness was ever planned! It just kinda happened...

As for more additions....I'm always on the look-out for Rare or unusual Surefires....Especially a "Surefire 6"!!!
I'd like to finish off my E-series collection and 6P collection. That means I still need "Winelights, 1st Gen. E1's and E2's, along with the rarities. As for the 6P's well, I have some catching up to do:eek:
If the UA2 or UB2 ever are released I may end up getting one.
If I buy anymore M6's, it will be something like the one you picked up. Otherwise 2 is enough for me. One gets used all the time and the other sits in my "Bug out bag"

Team Member

Enlightened
DaFab, what you really need is a large display stand....like mine...

:D

But I guess that you might need 2 stands ;)

Nice collection you got there, the 3P in OD always make me drool...

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is a bit off topic, but wanted to address DeFab's bug-out-bag. I too am an M6 owner, and contemplated putting it in my BOB, but thought of the way it drank primaries, so opted to put my M3 with EO-M3 in my BOB instead. I've currently got 15 SF primaries in a Pelican case for that purpose. So counting the 3 that are in the M3, that leaves me with 6 solid battery cycles before needing to resupply. With the same # of cells and an M6, I'm left with 3-1/2 battery cycles:(. My question to you is, how many primaries do you store in your BOB? And how often do you cycle them out? Would it be advised to also store a long running LED backup in the bag, say for example a C2 running Malkoff M60LL?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is a bit off topic, but wanted to address DeFab's bug-out-bag. I too am an M6 owner, and contemplated putting it in my BOB, but thought of the way it drank primaries, so opted to put my M3 with EO-M3 in my BOB instead. I've currently got 15 SF primaries in a Pelican case for that purpose. So counting the 3 that are in the M3, that leaves me with 6 solid battery cycles before needing to resupply. With the same # of cells and an M6, I'm left with 3-1/2 battery cycles:(. My question to you is, how many primaries do you store in your BOB? And how often do you cycle them out? Would it be advised to also store a long running LED backup in the bag, say for example a C2 running Malkoff M60LL?

I personally would definately recommend a long running LED to add to the BOB. I have a few lights in the BOB including a 1st Gen. L1 that has good output and the batteries seem to last forever.
I use a Lumens Factory HO-M3T bulb in my M6 for extended runtimes. I have 2 Pelican 1020s filled with 123's and a few spares carriers with extra bulbs too. Since the 123's have a shelf life of 10 years, they only get cycled if I am running low on cells. Bulbs will go bad, so an LED back-up is good piece of mind.

loszabo

Enlightened

Great comment, though...

I put my cheapest SureFire (a G2Z w/P60L) into my BOB. For long time storage I would simply remove the cells and put them into a container. I have standardized on two cells for the similar reason. Easy to store and cycle... No more flashlights with 1x or 3x 123As for me. :rolleyes:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have my M6 in my BOB. but i keep the MN15 bulb in there for the long runtimes. I keep my spares carrier with a fresh set of 6 primaries and the MN21 bulb.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey DA,

What is the light at the bottom left? It looks like a L5. but my KL5 has a smooth transition from the head to the body. yours has an obvious step right after the deep ring groove there is a clear stepped transition. Mine has the deep ring groove but then slopes to the body of the light.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hey DA,

What is the light at the bottom left? It looks like a L5. but my KL5 has a smooth transition from the head to the body. yours has an obvious step right after the deep ring groove there is a clear stepped transition. Mine has the deep ring groove but then slopes to the body of the light.
Both the KL3 and KL5 started life with the more curved blend to the body. SureFire has since redesigned them both to have the sharper break and flat blend to the body.
When I first saw photos of the new style I didn't know whether I liked it or not. Comparing the difference for real after getting some bezels with the new style I much prefer the new style.

H2Orower

Enlightened
To be honest....none of this craziness was ever planned! It just kinda happened...

As for more additions....I'm always on the look-out for Rare or unusual Surefires....Especially a "Surefire 6"!!!
I'd like to finish off my E-series collection and 6P collection. That means I still need "Winelights, 1st Gen. E1's and E2's, along with the rarities. As for the 6P's well, I have some catching up to do:eek:
If the UA2 or UB2 ever are released I may end up getting one.
If I buy anymore M6's, it will be something like the one you picked up. Otherwise 2 is enough for me. One gets used all the time and the other sits in my "Bug out bag"

Have you seen this yet? I just stumbled upon it myself today.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/suwilidie1wa.html

Last edited:

fireboltr

Enlightened
Heres my poor excuse for a growing surefire collection...

E1L new dual output
6P (edit: replacement 3sm q2 5a dereelight drop-in showed up today not sure if I trust it though as there is no mechanical "lock" between the reflector and pill. The reflector rides on the led and I am afraid that the new one will do what the last one did. Twist the emitter board and severe the wires since the darn thing isnt held in with anything but heatsink compound)
G2Z-OD w/P60L
C2-HA w/M60
A2-HA-Wh
U2A
and Ive got an l4 inbound.......

P.S. I guess Im weird though....ALL the lights axcept for the E1L and P60 are in their boxes

Last edited: