Powerpax slimline for 18650 batteries (spare battery holder)

dmevis

Newly Enlightened
I recently sent an email to Storacell/PowerPax asking about 18650 Battery Holders.

They said they were reviewing the tooling for them right now, and asked which brand/type of battery I use.

Hopefully, not long now.

Any news on the PowerPax 18650 holders?

leaftye

Newly Enlightened
Very interesting. I might do an article about them when I get hold of some, but I am not going to pay $20 in shipping for a $7 item.

Illumination Supply sells them. You could request review samples or pay for them to have them include with your next shipment of review batteries...I assume they'll send you more.

Edit: It doesn't look like they have the 18650 carriers yet.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Illumination Supply sells them. You could request review samples or pay for them to have them include with your next shipment of review batteries...I assume they'll send you more.

There are also European dealers for PowerPax, but I did not find the 18650 model anywhere. I do not often get batteries from US any more, it is mostly from EU and China.

turkeylord

Enlightened
I asked about fit on Amazon and got a reply. He said protected cells fit just fine and unprotected cells are a little loose, but don't rattle. Pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear. :)

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Just a heads up for new Powerpax ( storeacell) battery holders 18650 and 8 AA holders

I just saw that Powerpax now has 4-18650 and 8 AA battery holders in their store not sure how long or if anyone else has mentioned it.

I'm ordering some ( a bunch) 18650 holders and extra AA holders as I type this

Thanks for the thread merge Norm:thumbsup:

Last edited:

leaftye

Newly Enlightened
There are also European dealers for PowerPax, but I did not find the 18650 model anywhere. I do not often get batteries from US any more, it is mostly from EU and China.

E2 Field Gear has 18650 holders now, but that would be international shipping for you.

leaftye

Newly Enlightened
And I cannot see a shipping price without creating an order.

You don't have to sign in to estimate shipping. I tried six of them to your city and shipping is $9.95 via first class. That's a lot lower than I thought it would be.

HKJ

Flashaholic
You don't have to sign in to estimate shipping. I tried six of them to your city and shipping is $9.95 via first class. That's a lot lower than I thought it would be.

But you have to enter your full address, anyway with your information I decided to buy some.