PPM (Posts Per Month..)

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
ah yes bi-lectrical pride. i used to be straight , too. then i just dabbled in incand. using a tec 40 halogen . then i saw sure fire. ive been twisted in my search for brightness and long life ever since.
oh well geuse i might as well enjoy it. btw hid is not incand or led so what is the equivelent to that fetish?
shocked.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hey! I carry a photon3 (white) on a neck lanyard all the time!

I also have 6 Photons in my coat pocket, an ArcAAA (turq) on my keys, and a "Chip-Fire" V16 (white) that's lost it's pocketclip but it's at the bottom of my trouser pocket cos it's cool and given to me by a crazy German guy at SS2002. Crazy is the best possible sense.

So I ain't not carrying SureFires, but I do carry LEDs too!

Al

Darell

Flashaholic
Hell, I'm tri-'lectrical. With me here I've got some SF incandescent armament, many Arc offerings, and a green laser. Include my glow rings, and I guess I'm quad.

Anybody else out there at least tri? Should we start a club?

I'm going to bed. It is as late here as it gets on earth...

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess that makes me a confirmed quad - I have a pretty good number of LEDs, incandescents, green lasers, and glowrings aplenty..

Graham

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Guess that makes me a confirmed quad - I have a pretty good number of LEDs, incandescents, green lasers, and glowrings aplenty..

Graham
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK...OK...OK...

The same here. LED`s, incand`s, green lasers and glow rings. When you`re out of control...you`re out of control.
shocked.gif

A club might be good. I suggest we start meeting at Darell`s house.
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I need another flashlight like a fish needs a toiliet. But when I was buying envelopes at the local Office Depot today, I spied a basket by the door with Energizer Doule Barrels and NeoGlow keychains. Ended up buying one of each. More work for me, oh boy!
tongue.gif
x.gif
tongue.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
...those of us who haven't mastered this UBB code stuff yet (I hope I'm not the only one!) find it a bit messy to quote from multiple posts.
Graham
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure how to do it either. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could post clear step-by-step instructions (to accommodate my instruction-challenged brain).

Thanks,
Brightnorm

Darell

Flashaholic
There really is no slick and easy way that I'm aware of. Multiple windows, lots of "[]" and "quote" and "qb" and cutting and pasting. It isn't a pretty thing to do.

If anybody has some UBB magic, please share it with those of us sitting here in the dark...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>and cutting and pasting. It isn't a pretty thing to do.[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder why they still call it "pasting". I've never used that term, and the last time people called glue "paste" it was the 19th century when they made the stuff out of bisquitt batter and oatmeal. Gack!!

The most common mistake I make on a computer is selecting something with "cut" and the attempting to use "copy" to place a copy into another file (the logical choice!), when "paste" (go**damn archaic term) is the correct selection.
mad.gif
mad.gif
:pissed:
mad.gif
mad.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
QUOTE--A club might be good. I suggest we start meeting at Darell`s house.--Quote

That sounds like Darell better watch out when he gets back from vacation. A bunch of guys with lights and clubs at his house. And some of those lights radioactive too
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Is there anything wrong w/just cutting and pasting from the little window at the bottom of the "post a reply" page?
confused.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Figured I might update this and pick on Darell a bit more..

So, as of now he's up to 971 posts (I reckon he's trying for the 1000, but anyway..)

I started this thread when he was at 836, on March 17. So looks like he's made 135 posts in the last 15 or so days. And lets not forget he was in Hawaii on *holiday* for about half of that.

Is there no stopping this man? Can nothing slow him down? When he gets to 1000 shall we all pitch in and get him a t-shirt saying 'Fastest 1000 posts on CPF and all I got was this lousy t-shirt' or something?

Graham

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell,
Have you ever heard that people only pick on others they like.....you MUST be the most liked person on CPF.
bigok.gif
TX

Darell

Flashaholic
Oooh. Let me catch up with one post so nobody can accuse me of pulling an Aragorn...

1. I call it "Vasting" (to myself, mind you) just to avoid pulling a "Craig."

2. Where's my damn shirt? Or should we just wait for 2000 at this point?

3. I DO feel loved. Brings a small tear to my eye sometimes. Or maybe that's the first pollen of spring...

Sorry about the big Hawaii slow-down. Much more travel coming up, so start stocking up on Darell replies now before they're back-ordered!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Oooh. Let me catch up with one post so nobody can accuse me of pulling an Aragorn...

1. I call it "Vasting" (to myself, mind you) just to avoid pulling a "Craig."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is vasting and what does it have to do with me?!?
confused.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
What is vasting and what does it have to do with me?!?
confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is how I remember to perform "pasting" with the "V" key. Thus "Vasting."

It prevents me from using CTRL-P actually, so calling it a "Craig" isn't very accurate, but I loosely based it on you trying to copy something when you meant to paste it.

Yeah, a bit obtuse, I know.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
It is how I remember to perform "pasting" with the "V" key. Thus "Vasting."

It prevents me from using CTRL-P actually, so calling it a "Craig" isn't very accurate, but I loosely based it on you trying to copy something when you meant to paste it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it's... different.
My "paste" problem is using CTRL-C (copy) when I meant CTRL-V (paste). Often this trashes the contents of the clipboard so I have to go back, highlight, and CTRL-C again.
mad.gif
Because to me, copying is COPYING!! That means putting a copy of something someplace, hence CTRL-C.

O well... I can only stay mad at something for so long. So I guess this is about it for this particular rant.
smile.gif

Next week, how NOT to use the reset button.
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Wait, I got it. Think of it this way:

CRTL-C = Clipboard, add.
CRTL-V = Vanquish the Clipboard

On second thought, that's just confusing me more...

I think if you had a kid you might understand "paste" more. Since the little buggers are gonna eat the adhesive anyway, somebody long ago decided that paste would kill the little 'uns slower than would glue. In my world, paste is still very much in use...