• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pre order ARC 4+ type clip steel

Grubbster

Enlightened
I'm guessin that with all that is going on with the HDS right now, Christoph is going to get overwhelmed with requests! Hope you are making enough.

Raindrop

Enlightened
Grubbster said:
I'm guessin that with all that is going on with the HDS right now, Christoph is going to get overwhelmed with requests! Hope you are making enough.

I would have to agree. I just got my first HDS U60GT and I am getting ready to order another one this weekend. With that being said I need my order bumped from ONE Clip with TWO Ti Screws up to TWO CLIPS & 4 Ti Screws From what I understand one of the HDS Dealers sold over 100 of the HDS Lights since the sale was announced.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Christoph,

Are people that posted when this thread first came out going to get prioirty over others that have just posted more recently? I am asking because I know you didn't ask for any money upfront. I just don't want to miss out in case they go on sale when I am on vacation and unable to access a computer. Thanks

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
Hi Christoph,

First off, thanks for your efforts to hook us up with an excellent HDS clip!

I would like to order 2 clips and 4 screws.

Just a suggestion -- you might want to put up a FAQ so that folks won't have to read through 6 pages of posts. :) As for Ti screws, I fail to understand what the appeal is... If the clip is black, wouldn't Ti screws ruin the look? (of course, I'll still order them, but hey...)

PS - Thanks to Planterz for pointing me to this thread!

Last edited:

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
I took the liberty of tallying up the posts -- looks like we have 95 folks with varying degrees of interest (some conditional interest in there), but in any event, you're looking at ~120 orders. Hopefully this'll help determine how large a order you need to place...

Now, the big question: Are you going to be able to fulfill all orders, or is this a limited run?

Anyhow, here's the list that looks terrible when posted, but...
Clips * Screws * login * Comments
1 * 0 * Tritium *
2 * * this_is_nascar *
1 * * simbad *
2 * * Mini-Moder *
2 * * kev65658 *
2 * * Leef * changed from 3 to 2 clips?
2 * * luxlunatic *
2 * * Planterz *
1 * * bwm *
2 * * Roc *
1 * * treasurydept *
2 * * coucoujojo * 2 from lighthound?
1 * * Grubbster *
1 * * GhostReaction *
3 * 6 * russtang * changed order 2x
1 * * anch *
1 * * Sturluson *
1 * 2 * FirstDent * added screws to order
2 * * s.duff *
1 * * Ned-L * conditional FF3
2 * * PoliceScannerMan *
2 * * ZuluWhiskeyFox *
1 * * Msaxatilus * Ti if available
1 * * X-Bin *
1 * 2 * PrebKlok * added screws to order
* * LowWorm * interested
1 * * Oddjob *
1 * 2 * leukos * added screws to order
2 * * sbdave *
1 * 2 * xpitxbullx * added screws to order
* * 03lab * interested
1 * * underdust *
* * jason9987 * interested in Ti
1 * 2 * Luds203 * added screws to order
1 * * tslug *
1 * * Rookwood *
1 * 2 * carpdiem * added screws to order
2 * * driven *
1 * * mahasuri *
1 * * PhantomZ *
1 * * pmsar35 *
1 * * GiveMeLight *
2 * 6 * hord * added screws to order
1 * * rider *
3 * 6 * xochi * changed order 1x
1 * * SteveStephens *
2 * * vujk *
2 * 4 * revv11 *
1 * 2 * dta116 * conditional FF3
0 * * jarobi * asked to be removed
1 * * rider * conditional
1 * * hyperslug *
1 * 2 * Max Brightness *
1 * 2 * liteMANIAC * conditional to liking HDS
1 * 2 * mosport *
1 * 2 * gregw *
1 * * 270winchester *
1 * 2 * 01foreman400 *
1 * 2 * ouchmyfinger *
1 * 2 * odi *
* 2 * jdriller * no clip, or did I miss it?
1 * 2 * Smogcity *
1 * 2 * nakahoshi *
1 * 4 * Walt175 *
2 * * AW *
1 * 2 * Marc *
1 * 2 * cyberhobo *
2 * 4 * shooter08 *
1 * 2 * luminata * added screws to order
2 * 4 * RGB_LED *
1 * 2 * NoFair * added screws to order
1 * 4 * AuroraLite *
1 * * ing2000 *
2 * 4 * light *
2 * 4 * bamabright *
1 * * GJW * 1 Ti clip
1 * 2 * Norm *
1 * 2 * conor *
2 * 4 * icthelight *
1 * 2 * alvin70 *
1 * * SaturnNyne *
2 * * Josey *
1 * 2 * G1K *
2 * * Destroid Monster *
2 * 4 * Raindrop * changed order 1x
1 * 2 * akatrd *
1 * * Art Vandelay *
2 * 4 * Casual Flashlight User *
1 * 2 * bombelman *
1 * 2 * mcmc *
1 * * majr *
1 * * jemab *
1 * * macforsale *
1 * * smknman *
2 * 4 * sodakar *
121 114

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for puting the list together for me This type of thing is new to me I do not even have a plan for keeping track of all this.What should I use program wise? As far as enough clips I am having 500 made 400 will be for sale from Lighthound. I will be selling the first 100. I will post a sales thread and ask for payment all the clips will come with Ti screws They will be Black oxide coated.
C

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Christoph said:
Thanks for puting the list together for me This type of thing is new to me I do not even have a plan for keeping track of all this.What should I use program wise? As far as enough clips I am having 500 made 400 will be for sale from Lighthound. I will be selling the first 100. I will post a sales thread and ask for payment all the clips will come with Ti screws They will be Black oxide coated.
C

Christoph,

I am seriously hopeing that those expressing interest and quantity are offered first dibs of the first 100. Otherwise I think that they'll bit quite a bit of grumbling :)mad: and this little guy will be seriously overworked and stressed out - a very dangerous condition when we're dealing with an already angry smiley). I suggest doing the standard practice of putting together a spreadsheet and posting a deadline for payment after which the remaining units are offered to those next in line. It is a bit of a headache to update but it seems to work and if the sheet is updated adequately I bet it avoids alot of issues. Just my .02 cents reflecting my strong desire for these clips and screws.

What head design are the screws? Hex would be sweet but I'll take what I can get.

Seriously huge thanks for doing this! I can't overstate this, this is a great thing that you've done and I REALLY appreciate your efforts. If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.

I'd recommend seeking advice from PEU . He does a fantastic job of keeping his sales threads updated and informative with color coding and all that.

Last edited:

luxon

Newly Enlightened
Christoph said:
I will be selling the first 100. I will post a sales thread and ask for payment all the clips will come with Ti screws They will be Black oxide coated.
C

Please include me for two sets of clips w/Ti screws if you are able to make any quantity adjustments. Thank you

lightplay22

Enlightened
I am in for 2 clips and don't need the screws. If screws are part of the package though, thats ok. Been looking for one of these style clips since the day I recieved my first B42GT.
GOOD WORK CHRIS!!!

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course the ones who expressed interest in this PRE-ORDER list will get first "dibbs" I hope everyone of them does,because that means that my 100 are sold:grin2: . All I should have to do is ask for payment then ship them.If you don't want the screws no sweat someone else will take the extras,the same screw fits most of Dons lights. I won't be tracking everybody down there will be a week or so for everybody to pay then I open up to new orders.There will be about a week after I accept payment before I start shipping,in order to get the screws shipped to me.The heads are hex.it would be a good idea to use some never sieze on the threads to prevent any galvic(sp) reaction with the al. I have asked someone for some help with excel I want this to go as smooth as possible I may even start making some clips for other lights if this goes well.

Chris:grin2:

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
sodakar said:
looks like we have 95 folks with varying degrees of interest (some conditional interest in there), but in any event, you're looking at ~120 orders. Hopefully this'll help determine how large a order you need to place...
Christoph said:
As far as enough clips I am having 500 made 400 will be for sale from Lighthound. I will be selling the first 100.
Christoph said:
Of course the ones who expressed interest in this PRE-ORDER list will get first "dibbs" I hope everyone of them does,because that means that my 100 are sold.

So you will not have enough for everyone who has participated in this thread.
Based on sodakar's helpful list, it looks like I requested clip number 102.
Will priority be given to those like me who have none and only want one before seconds are allowed for others?
Or am I, along with those after me, out of luck unless others drop out? I suspect that I'm close enough at 102 that enough will and I'll make it under the cutoff, but most of those already in line after me probably won't.
Or will these be sold for the same price at Lighthound so it doesn't really matter either way?
I realize it's probably too early to expect you to have all the answers, but it looks like Xochi is right, the grumbling potential could be rather high with this arrangement, I hope it all goes smoothly and everyone gets what they're expecting.
Thanks for all your efforts, and for the organizational efforts yet to come.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saturnyne,

One of the important things to remember is that Christoph and Lighthound are partners in this and without Lighthounds commitment to purchase the other 400, it's unlikely that the clips would have been manufactured. The really fantastic thing is that they have been manufactured! Having become thoroughly hooked on the Arc4+ clip while I had an Arc4, the HDS clip made me miserable, especially when it walked out of my pocket and put a big ding in the bezel anodize. Either way, Christoph has put in a lot of work and worry and time and effort etc to get it done and since they will be available at lighthound (who is also counting on CPF demand to sell them) , I think it's more than reasonable for Christoph to reduce his shipping and data tracking obligations by selling multiples.

Lighthound is also a fantastic dealer who has a great attitude reguarding returns, offers very quick shipping and will bend over backwards to answer questions. He also happens to be passionate about lights. He deserves every customer he gets and literally earns repeat business. I have a hard time thinking that even with a modest price differential that going through Lighthound for the Arc4+ style clip will be anything but a very positive buying experience.

I know this all sounds hypocritical from someone who is laying claim to 3 clips but having gone through the PITA of posting in WTB and sending PM's to confirmed Arc4 owners to track down a clip, I'm just very glad that these are available . For some reason a reference reguarding cold dead hands seems appropriate but I guess I'll abstain for now.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
After thinking of Ti's interaction with other metals, is it possible to withdraw from the screws? I still very much want the clip:)

I just barely managed to get 2 screws I had in the light as hole-fillers out. I was afraid I'd have to drill one out and it isn't anything I'll want to repeat....

Sverre

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
xochi said:
Saturnyne,

One of the important things to remember is that Christoph and Lighthound are partners in this and without Lighthounds commitment to purchase the other 400, it's unlikely that the clips would have been manufactured. The really fantastic thing is that they have been manufactured!

Lighthound is also a fantastic dealer who has a great attitude reguarding returns, offers very quick shipping and will bend over backwards to answer questions. He also happens to be passionate about lights. He deserves every customer he gets and literally earns repeat business. I have a hard time thinking that even with a modest price differential that going through Lighthound for the Arc4+ style clip will be anything but a very positive buying experience.
Xochi,
I fully realize that a lot of work has gone into this and I'm extremely appreciative of it, even though I've yet to try one of these clips for myself. I also realize what an excellent seller lighthound is, I just made a purchase recently and would be happy to do so again; it is indeed great of them to help make these clips a reality. I'm sorry if I came off as unappreciative to you, sometimes I think I should have a disclaimer in my sig explaining that any misunderstandings are likely due to my refusal to use those bloody emoticons except in the direst situations. I won't be doing any grumbling whatever happens, I was just trying to express my concern over the fact that no limits were set down before they'd already been exceeded, so everyone posting here thought they were in for the first "batch" and now obviously some will be disappointed.

I'm looking forward to the clip, however I have to get it. Truthfully, my biggest concern with how I get it right now is that if I have to buy from Lighthound, I'll convince myself I have to justify the shipping cost by buying something else as well, and LH sells too many nice things. So it could potentially end up costing me a lot more..... I'm an addict.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
The below is an excerpt from my stamping companys latest e-mail. SaturnNyne There may well be some people ahead of you that will drop out so ther might be no problem,who knows. I think our prices will be close but in any event John is running a bussiness and by my counting and many more lately he is very deserving of our bussiness so if you don't make my list buy a few other things from him and spread the shipping cost over several items. You know you need to buy something new anyways:devil:
I am sorry this is taking so long I thought it would go faster.But it is going thats a good thing. thanks for bearing with me .
C:grin2:
"The blanks are being cut this week, and we should start forming by the
start of next week and will take about a week to form up. The heat
treaters will take a week to process thru on their end. Plus 3-4 days
for plating. I should have parts out to you no later than the end of
the month. I will have a better idea the end of next week.
"