Preon 2 vs. Stylus Pro + Other Flashlight Questions

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any comparisons to the new Preon 2 and new Preon 1 ? I have yet to find any comparisons.

ano327

Newly Enlightened
Agreed with above post. A good comparison of the currently Streamlight Stylus pro and the NEW preon 2 and 1 would be helpful. I currently use the stylus in healthcare and find it helpful, but I am attracted to the power of the NEW preon 2 and the ability to choose between 5 different UIs with various modes. Thoughts?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Stylus Pro all day long.

If you are contemplating a pen light instead of a phone it doesn't sound like you'll be trying to send morse code to the space station with your flashlight, but casting light in darkness not very far away.
Stylus Pro is simple and solid.
You may also consider the pocket sized Microstream which will fill the void between a bright light and your phone beam.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Is that comparing it to the new Preon 2 or the original Preon 2?

What criteria did you base that conclusion on?

Thanks.

Well actually I do not own any fourseven products nor do I have an axe to grind regarding foursevens. They seem like fine products.

But....

I own a couple of Stylus Pros and have given away a couple to auto mechanic friends who have put them through daily use without any issues.

Based on my experience with Streamlight and knowing others who have used their products for decades... I'll say it again....
Stylus Pro all day long.

It's lightweight, durable, puts out a nice shadow lighting beam for peering into tight places, fits behind the ear like a pencil, swaps parts with other Streamlight products that size, comes with a belt sheath, runs several hours on a pair of alkalines, lights up my backyard to see what goes bump in the night at 2am, turns on everytime, has on/off/momentary, fits in a shirt pocket, lights up menus well in dimly lit restaurants, ...shall I keep going? lol

Last edited: