• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (PREPAYMENT) M Head C Tail 1x18650 & 2x18650

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I say you have the 2x18650 bodies covered.

Any chance you want to order 10 of the 1x18650 bodies so we can get these moving?

Prepayment:
#01-12,14-25 2x18650 M Head C Tail (24x$65) = $1560
Shipping to States = $6
Total: $1566

:paypal:

Prefer rough, grippy, sharp knurling.
Would like to see offered a heavy format extra-thick body with matching custom tailcap. A heavy 3x18650 would be welcomed, but I would probably be the only one to puchase it.

Last edited:

nautilus1950

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for
#26 2x18650 M head, C tail body $65
International Shipping = $10

Total = $75

If it's possible, a less aggressive knurling for me :) Don't wish to rip the insides of my bags apart lol (something close to SF's level of knurling is good)

Thanks!

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would the possibility be of making only a 18650 body and then making an extension to make it into a 2x18650 body? I would pay more for that item. The extension would have to screw down flush with the first half of the body, unlike the extensions that Nite sells. They leave a small gap.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the rough knurling is an issue, you can cover the light with a section of bicycle inner tube:
FM3CbodyvsFM2Cbody.jpg

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:#27 2x18650 M head, C tail body $65 + $10 international shipping

Unique Transaction ID #61284958UG2624234

and i forgot to include my address on the paypal email, i have PMed it to you

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would the possibility be of making only a 18650 body and then making an extension to make it into a 2x18650 body?
Each part is considered as a seperate part which needs material, both ends machining process, labour, anodizing process, machining electrical connection plus cost of o'rings. Therefore, not only total cost will be much more, but unwanted electrical resistance will also be higher too.

I would pay more for that item.
Others may not.

The extension would have to screw down flush with the first half of the body, unlike the extensions that Nite sells. They leave a small gap.
And $urefire tail cap doesn't???
All the measurements were taken from original tail cap.
That gap must be there.
It is possible to make the gap smaller but because of tight tolerance and more accuracy, cost will be higher. I can make the gap as low as 0.001" but how many of you will pay $20 extra just for this kind of accuracy? It's not a aerospace part. Not wort the effort.

Is the knurling gonna look like this?
Your answer is in post #2

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, wrf. No doubt you have something cool planned.

fivemega, i just read the non-edited posts bit so made another post for my order.

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

#28 2x18650 M head, C tail body $65

plus $10 international shipping to UK

thanks

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
And $urefire tail cap doesn't???
All the measurements were taken from original tail cap.
That gap must be there.
It is possible to make the gap smaller but because of tight tolerance and more accuracy, cost will be higher. I can make the gap as low as 0.001" but how many of you will pay $20 extra just for this kind of accuracy? It's not a aerospace part. Not wort the effort.

I'm sure it would be more work but it was just an idea.

I have a Chinese produced one cell extender that screws down flush with the connecting body and it works perfectly. It looks much nicer than having that "needed" gap.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The gap is useful for the optional Surefire landyard attachment. All of the Leef and Surefire C tail bodies I've tried have this gap.

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
The gap is useful for the optional Surefire landyard attachment. All of the Leef and Surefire C tail bodies I've tried have this gap.

The tail gap is fine at the rear. It's the gap that is there when you screw the extender onto the body, where the two meet. That is the one I do not prefer. I have a Leef one cell extender/ detonator and it has that gap when you screw it onto the body. I then have a few chinese clone extenders/ detonators that do not. I prefer the no gap, it loos cleaner/ makes it look like one solid pc after they are screwed together.

Anyway, sorry about cluttering up your feeler thread FM.

I will prepay for one of the 1x18650 bodies tonight.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will prepay for one of the 1x18650 bodies tonight.
Hey, you forgot something ;)
C´mon guys, there has to be more interest in the 1x18650 bodies?

I´m in for one of each - I´ll send paypal 22nd/23rd since I´ll have the funds by then.

:paypal: for

#30 2x18650 M head, C tail body $65
#02 1x18650 M head, C tail body $58
+ international shipping
$10
--------------------------------------
total $133

Just a note: In case the 1x18650 bodies won´t be made, please don´t refund me. I would rather send additional $7 and switch to a second 2x18650 body then.

Eric

Last edited:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is probably a really lame question, but could I use the 2x18650 tube to run 4x123a batteries? Would this be without a rattle for the 123a batteries? I am looking to run a LF P7 M3 head with 4x123a and I can't seem to locate a body without having to also purchase a C to M adaptor. This looks like it could be my answer...

1wrx7

Enlightened
I'm shocked more people haven't jumped on the 1X18650 bandwagon. I've seen a lot of people trying to find the Leef versions:thinking: If the quality of these is on par with the Megallenium bodies... people better step up, It's great stuff. If I didn't have a 1X18650 body already I'd be all over this. Thanks for offering this FM... for awhile I thought I would have too make some to help out CPF. Good luck:thumbsup:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is probably a really lame question, but could I use the 2x18650 tube to run 4x123a batteries? Would this be without a rattle for the 123a batteries? I am looking to run a LF P7 M3 head with 4x123a and I can't seem to locate a body without having to also purchase a C to M adaptor. This looks like it could be my answer...

yes they will fit, but there will be a rattle, you may have contact problems as the batteries move around too (not 100% sure)

normal 123 size batteries are 16.5-17mm in diameter, 18650 are 18mm.
I am sure you can make a a spacer to fill the gap, wrapping a piece of paper around the group of cells, and taping it down will probably work to stop the rattle.
even a bit of tape around each battery will stop the rattle.

in all honesty though, you are probably better off getting a pair of 18650 and a charger, will cost you maybe 50 bucks + shipping, and you wont be burning through 4 123s at a time.

I am also planning on running a LF P7 head on mine, (currently have it running on a bodged up 4x123 body with c-m adaptor and 17670s) and i really like it, i cant wait to get it onto a nice solid matching body, with 18650s.
by the time i get a ha tailcap too, it will have cost me $250 + shipping on parts (inc batteries, i already have a charger), not bad considering a M4 here in australia (at an aussie dealer) is close to $800

Last edited:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
normal 123 size batteries are 16.5-17mm in diameter, 18650 are 18mm. I am sure you can make a a spacer to fill the gap, wrapping a piece of paper around the group of cells, and taping it down will probably work to stop the rattle.
even a bit of tape around each battery will stop the rattle.

Ahhh....thanks for the answer.

in all honesty though, you are probably better off getting a pair of 18650 and a charger, will cost you maybe 50 bucks + shipping, and you wont be burning through 4 123s at a time.

I'm sure you're right...but I just cannot seem to be able to pull the trigger on the whole Li-on battery thing. I actually bought one of ElecktroLumens EDC P7's with intention of purchasing the necessary 18650, but then I just chickened out - for lack of a better term. I sold on in the Marketplace without even turning it on once.

12v's through 4 123a batteries is fine with me. And for as much as I actually use the light, there's not a lot of running through boxes and boxes of SF cells.

I guess perhaps I'll just try to find a 4x123a tube (an M4 body or something else) - though I've been looking and it is pretty dry out there...

Thanks again for the info though.:twothumbs