• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (PREPAYMENT) M Head C Tail 1x18650 & 2x18650

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess perhaps I'll just try to find a 4x123a tube (an M4 body or something else) - though I've been looking and it is pretty dry out there...

Thanks again for the info though.:twothumbs

this will probably be cheaper and easier than trying to find an M4 tube.
that and you can run 18650s in it later if you decide

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
this will probably be cheaper and easier than trying to find an M4 tube.

After paying $71 for this body and then paying for a tailcap (probably $30+), I'm hoping that I can get a used M4 body for around the same price.

Perhaps that is a pipe dream though and I will be ordering one of these by Dec 6th...:shrug: :grin2:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
After paying $71 for this body and then paying for a tailcap (probably $30+), I'm hoping that I can get a used M4 body for around the same price.

Perhaps that is a pipe dream though and I will be ordering one of these by Dec 6th...:shrug: :grin2:

You can find the HA Z41 tailcaps new for $25 shipped all day long over on the Marketplace.com. You can also find the HA heads for $20-$25 shipped over there as well.

You might be able to save a few dollars and get a head and tail from Electronguru here on CPF. He has a very nice FS thread with many items for these type of lights. Look for his thread, it's almost always on the first page of the B/S/T section.

You might want to wait until you get the FM body in though before ordering a tailcap and head. I believe he is offering a few variations in the colors and you never know what the exact color will be on a custom colored batch of bodies such as these by FM. Most of FM's recent HA is a nice color but of course does not match Surefire's HA perfectly.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of FM's recent HA is a nice color but of course does not match Surefire's HA perfectly.

Do the original tail and body match perfectly?
100_1512.jpg

How about head and bezel? Do they match perfectly?
E2esocket002.jpg

At least this body and tail match closely.
P1010304.jpg

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the original tail and body match perfectly?
How about head and bezel? Do they match perfectly?
They don´t FiveMega, but personaly I really do appreciate that kind of mismatch in the anodizing of the different Surefire parts. I like it much better that way than a perfect natural match from bezel to tailcap. And that is also why I won´t have any problems with the natural anodizing your bodies will have - whatever they will turn out (lighter, darker....).

Just curious: How will the body look at the side where the head will be attached? Will it be designed similar to your C-C bodies just with a bigger diameter or will you have something different here?

Eric

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get so defensive FM.

What I meant was that your HA will most likely not match Surefires HA. Surefire even has a hard time matching bodies, heads and switches.

If you were producing heads and switches for these bodies, then I"m sure they would match but your are not, correct? That means he has to purchase either a SF head and switch or a aftermarket and they are not going to match. Granted, it's most likely not going to be as drastic compared to SF parts on a Leef body.

I was only suggesting that he wait until he gets your body to see what shade of gray it will be and then purchase a matching or close to matching switch and head from Electron Guru. As I stated, he has multiple shades of each item and it will be easier to match with more choices.

You bring to market some very nice and interesting items and they are always of high quality. I purchase just about every item you have made unless it's something that I will never use.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hm, just 7 people participating. I really thought there would be much more interest in these. Without wrf´s buy none of these would happen. Unless everyone else is holding back for a last minute buy in the last week before the deadline ;)

Eric

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
Had to ask... Am I the only one who would have been in on this for an M3 size (2 x 18500) body?

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
2x18500 would have been cool as well.

Just a note: In case the 1x18650 bodies won´t be made, please don´t refund me. I would rather send additional $7 and switch to a second 2x18650 body then.
fivemega: I have changed my mind regarding the 1x18650 body. If they won´t be made I´d like the mentioned refund then.

But hopefully some more people jump on board.

Eric

Mikey V

Newly Enlightened
Dear FiveMega,

:paypal:for $136.00 ($65 x 2 = 130 + 6 postage)

#32 2x18650 M head, C tail body $65
#33 2x18650 M head, C tail body $65

Mike

Max_Power

Enlightened
I'll take #36 2x18650 M head, C tail body $65 + $6 US shipping = $71
PayPal Transaction ID: 78913514DV0895816

The C tail will work with my spare twisty tailcaps from 6P lights, correct?

I bought a P7 head from GoingGear for my shotgun fore-end light. It turned out to be a tiny bit too fat to fit - the magazine tube is in the way. So, thanks to this run, I'll build up a kick-*** P7 flashlight instead :).

By the way, I am enjoying the FiveMega 3xAA body and 6P Bezel with an M30W. Feeding it with LSD rechargeables.

Last edited:

Iliger

Newly Enlightened
FM,
can you make such body for 3x18500 batteries? KT4, 3x18500 IMR, WA 1185 (or FM 1909 :) ), XM07 switch...
It would be a perfect light for my rifle!
Or maybe you can make a 20 mm. extender in the same coating for 2x18650:bow:...

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK gals and guys,
Deadline already passed and only 3 order for 1x18650 body and except wrf only 11 order for 2x18650
Its a shame for $urefire custom body lover.
However, since grand total of 1x18650 and 2x18650 is 38, I will buy the rest and make them reality. The rest of extra bodies possibly will be forwarded to a dealer to sell at their own price.
Thanks to wrf to make this project a go.
Machining will start shortly and I will update you with step by step of process.
Please don't pay for any item in this thread.
Thank you.