• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Pricing and Availability: Q & A

PeterB

Enlightened
Hello Don,

I thought, that raw Al wouldn't work for the tail caps (risk of shorting the switch)? That would be great news, if this works!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
PeterB,
I intially had that concern as well but it seems that the combination of the centering of the switch button in the nylon threaded nut coupled with the isolating O-ring on the main body of the switch isolates the resistor PCB from contacting anything but the lip of the battery tube as it is designed to do. I have messed with a bunch of tailcap's and tubes that are raw and have not witnessed a single glitch.

ubermensch,

If you want an additional resistored PCB or more with the purchase of a McE2S, I would ask $3.50 ea. I'll add this to my price list. Thanks for asking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If someone just wants to buy a resistored PCB by itself, I would request you avail yourself of the services of the shoppe.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Don,

i think that the post "McGizmo: Custom Build Pricing and Ordering" must be a sticky also in the "Mods B/S/T Forum" and/or in the "B/S/T forum" ; there are a lot of people that visit only those forums and you can make them a favor letting them know the availability of the Aleph1 and PR-T ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Marco,
I realize that CPF is so large now that some may not make it to this forum but hopefully the word will spread as some of thes lights get out to you guys. I did update my post in the "Modder's YellowPages" which is a sticky in the Modder's B/S/T forum, thanks for reminding me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I feel very fortunate having the McGizmo forum here and it is only sensible that threads and posts specific to the McLux Aleph lights and related components be contained within. If this series is to be successful, I would hope it is because you guys find merit in it and spread the word in cases where it makes sense.

Oh yeah, I just field tested your 5W and it's pretty nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif For a shim, I just turned a .020" thick Al washer out of bar stock. This will aid in thermal transfer to the reflector.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Marco,
I realize that CPF is so large now that some may not make it to this forum but hopefully the word will spread as some of thes lights get out to you guys. I did update my post in the "Modder's YellowPages" which is a sticky in the Modder's B/S/T forum, thanks for reminding me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I feel very fortunate having the McGizmo forum here and it is only sensible that threads and posts specific to the McLux Aleph lights and related components be contained within. If this series is to be successful, I would hope it is because you guys find merit in it and spread the word in cases where it makes sense.

Oh yeah, I just field tested your 5W and it's pretty nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif For a shim, I just turned a .020" thick Al washer out of bar stock. This will aid in thermal transfer to the reflector.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif Don,

i'm to happy you have finished my torch.
As soon as yuo get the Aleph2 heads put me down for a Aleph2-5w , thanks again and best regards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

pryan

Newly Enlightened
How do I pick whether I use a BadBoy or a DownBoy?

I'm interested in an Aleph1 with a standard LE and to be able to swap between a 1x123 and a 2x123.

Thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
pyran,
Hopefully someone can answer this problem for you. I need to build lights for some of these guys. The short answere is you have picked a range of voltage that can only be handled by a buck/boost driver of which there are none available that I will use.

pryan

Newly Enlightened
It sounds like wanting to swap 1x123 and 2x123 depending on how long I plan on running the light isn't feasible with the available Aleph system components. What if I went with only the 2x123 and planned on using a 1x123 on a second light when the Aleph 2 head is out? If I were only going to use the 2x123 for this light, how do I pick whether to use the BB or the DB?

Sorry, I'm a bit new to the flashlight mod world. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try looking in this thread.
which aleph to buy, must read from McGizmo
There is more info here in McGizmo's forum just have to kind of look around. It is kind of scattered about.
Hope this helps some.

mut

pryan

Newly Enlightened
Woah, thanks, that thread is exactly what I needed to read. That thread should probably be sticky for nubs like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think it would be best for me to wait to see what drivers are coming out and how they fit. I'm tempted to get a 2x123 with a DB, but it's probably wise to wait and see. Besides, I'm not holding to my wallet as tightly as the advice I've read on here says I should. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mut said:
Try looking in this thread.
which aleph to buy, must read from McGizmo
There is more info here in McGizmo's forum just have to kind of look around. It is kind of scattered about.
Hope this helps some.

mut

[/ QUOTE ]

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Don ,

i read this in the other 3d :

"Single tritium vial in tail cap opposite tab mount (very limited supply) Add $15 **Currently SOLD OUT** "

those vials are too cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif, do you think that they will be available again in :

A- 1 week
B- 1 month
C- never
D- don't know

thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Marco,
I have a fair number of the tail caps milled for the single vial and some folks are buying these with intent of instlling their own vial. I do have some on order but don't know when I will be getting them. I would hope within a month and probably less time.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, I'd like to order a McE2S in bare aluminum finish, is this available?

Thanks,

Britt

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don any updates on the Aleph 3 heads?

I remember reading that you might have the bare parts by the middle of the month and possibly the finished heads by the end?

...wishfully thinking,
MSax

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Marco,
Yes, maybe you already did and the point is mute?!?! The tab can be removed by first using pliers to unscrew the tab from the set screw and then using needle nose pliers or the proper allen wrench on the set screw. If I installed it, there is a thread lock on the set screw and you will want to remove the switch inards, nut and boot and then heat up the tail cap to soften the loc-tite. I don'tknow Celcius but I would think that 175F would do the job.

MSax, In another thread, I have mentioned that I do have a few Aleph 3 heads now but I am not putting them on the Price List thread until I get back from Cambria (next week) Iwant to clear my bench between now and the CPF meet so I am not taking any orders if possible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

But I need one for that awesome 5W LE you built for me! ....OK OK, I guess I can wait. Geezzzz!