Problem with new Zebralight SC600 MKII L2. Won't turn on in low sometimes.

mykhal

Newly Enlightened
OK, I have isolated the problem with my SC600 MkII and SC600w MkII L2:

The flashlight fails to turn on in L1 or L2 lowest mode, after the flashlight has been turned off (after any brightness level) for approximately 3 seconds.
(for the newer MkII L2, unfortunately, the problem applies fot eh lowest high H2 level as well)

My internal codename for the bug is 3sOFF2L :)

Demonstration video: https://youtu.be/aWDmlLx2f7Q
(you might need to turn on the EN subtitles)

Last edited:

gottawearshades

Enlightened
I'm glad I saw this thread.

I have been having the same trouble. To be honest, I thought the trouble was that I just couldn't get used to the interface, and I'm just not clicking on to low just right. It meant I wouldn't be carrying this as an EDC, but the beam/tint/efficiency meany I should keep it for other uses, mainly using it on high and medium.

Now I'm wondering. . . .

Ray-o-light

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting the SC600w. When did you guys get yours? Do you think Zebralight has fixed the problem yet? Thanks ahead of time for any input.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I have had the same random problem with my older SC600 MkII. I've got new SC600w MkII L2 as well, the problem seems to occur even more often. It also seems that the failure is less likely to happen, when the light is turned on after having been turned off for longer time.

I don't think that the problem is caused by the switch, like NutSAK, as well. When the light fails, it "thinks" that it's turned on - subsequent short press does nothing as well, instead of turning on in H mode and the double-click switches it to L2/L1 mode, instead if switching to H -> M modes (this in fact can be used to quickly "fix" the problem).

Cleaning the contacts does not seem to have any influence on the problem.

I wonder if there is anybody who has been playing heavily with the SC600w L2 flashlight, and this problem never occured to him..

I have a SC600w MKII headlamp that I've owned for about three years now. I used to use it almost every night for a couple years but after I bought a couple other lights I kept the SC600 in the dark for months. Then when I tried turning on the SC600 after a long period of time of disuse the SC600 would not turn on no matter how much I would click on the switch. Then if I held the switch down for a minute the light would turn on but it would cycle erratically. As the flashlight would finally warm up a bit the erratic cycling would subside and the SC600 would work normally. Is is because the circuitry needs to have some voltage built up in order for the flashlight to operate normally?

Sorry for reviving an old thread again. I just want to resolve this issue of my SC600 headlight since it is basically in good working order.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a SC600w MKII headlamp that I've owned for about three years now. I used to use it almost every night for a couple years but after I bought a couple other lights I kept the SC600 in the dark for months. Then when I tried turning on the SC600 after a long period of time of disuse the SC600 would not turn on no matter how much I would click on the switch. Then if I held the switch down for a minute the light would turn on but it would cycle erratically. As the flashlight would finally warm up a bit the erratic cycling would subside and the SC600 would work normally. Is is because the circuitry needs to have some voltage built up in order for the flashlight to operate normally?

Sorry for reviving an old thread again. I just want to resolve this issue of my SC600 headlight since it is basically in good working order.

Have you ruled out the cell as the source of the problem?

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Have you ruled out the cell as the source of the problem?
Yes, I've got several cells that are in excellent condition and are charged.

This is not the first time this issue has happened. From what I'm assuming is that the circuitry needs to *charged* in order for the light to work properly. After a period of disuse the circuitry powers down and that causes issues in the light's operation.

Right now I'm using the light after having a fully charged cell installed last night and finally being able to turn on the light. I'll keep on monitoring the operation of the light this week at work (I'm a part time security officer).

Last edited:

leeholaaho

Newly Enlightened
My light switch has been acting up and I just took a toothpick and cleaned the gunk out from under the rubber cover - all is well now - simple fix but some may miss it - the switch was not going down as far as it should have!