Prometheus Alpha

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure there have been, or can be. I have had a stainless light get damaged from overheating.

Regardless, modern GOOD drivers feature thermal regulation to prevent damage but that does mean the output is throttled sooner than it would otherwise.

wweiss

Enlightened
I have a Ready-Made MCE. Built like you could take it into space and drop it to earth. Beam pattern is warm and full with good awareness. I'd take it anywhere.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Ready-Made MCE. Built like you could take it into space and drop it to earth. Beam pattern is warm and full with good awareness. I'd take it anywhere.

Just don't give it to the mailman. The springs will come loose.

JulesK

Newly Enlightened
I'd be curious what others thought about the current Ready-Made version, in comparison with other lights in its price range. This is bigger than what I really want, but I want to be able to use rechargeable batteries and that also has a tail-cap switch. I have some of Jason's other products, and am happy to support him if the product is very competitive.

wweiss

Enlightened
The Alpha is not "very competitive" - it's very, very good. If you want "very competitive", get a Chinese brand. The Alpha is built to outlast you.

n3mo

Newly Enlightened
I bought my Ready made 1,5 years ago. Purchased a short body some month ago. I do not regret it. Is it my favorite light, I even prefer it over the Alpha carbon with Tripple Nichia and another alpha custom with XML. I also have a delta. Still the ready made with MCE has the best balanced output ( beam quality, heat, color etc).

I can not compare to any other lights in that price class, but I do not miss anything.

As the OB mentioned, it is not competitive if you are looking for lumen per dollar. There are for sure cheaper lights that fulfill your needs. But if you want to buy top live long quality, great support and want to support small creators then the alpha is a good choice.

Last edited:

wweiss

Enlightened
"Still the ready made with MCE has the best balanced output ( beam quality, heat, color etc)."

Agreed.

The Alpha, while not winning any Lumen Battles, ultimately wins the Useful Lumen War. Why? It's my always my primary or secondary carry into the woods, depending on terrain. I take the Alpha for local awareness and a Malkoff MD3 HD or a MD2 M61T HOT as a spotter for long shots down a fire road. The higher Lumen lights are too bright for the woods - you don't need half the lumens bouncing off the trees and rocks back at you. And you don't need a 2 mile thrower. The 675L+- Alpha with the warm MCE is perfect for dog and trail walking.

Oh, and you can drop it from space into the deepest ocean, hire a diving bell, retrieve it and continue on your way with no troubles...