Prometheus Lights - The Showcase Gallery

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgive my ignorance but how do you get that blue gitd effect around the emitter? It looks awesome

You take the o-ring over the lens out, than the lens followed by the reflector and you put some GITD stuff around the (base of the) emitter. Reassemble and enjoy!

Who did the trit work? That is a stunner. I love the reflector.

Jason did the trit slots and I installed the trits...

Flucero28

Enlightened
I did some driver programming for a fellow forum members Alpha series and wanted to show the "moonlight" low mode:

je3ytaby.jpg

The quad dies of that MCE look so neat glowing in the boom reflector. Perfect level for navigating through the house at night. Now I need one!

Frank

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a great mod! I use moonlight on other lights, but I'm not sure if id like it with the mce. Can you tell how nice the beam actually is in such a low mode?

-Alex

Flucero28

Enlightened
Thats a great mod! I use moonlight on other lights, but I'm not sure if id like it with the mce. Can you tell how nice the beam actually is in such a low mode?

-Alex

Thanks Alex. Yes you can, its very nice when your eyes are night adapted in moderate darkness.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only ask because when I fly at night even .1 and .4 lumens is bright when I'm trying to do my job. And I dont want to blind the pilots when I'm talking to them.

fyrstormer

Banned
I only ask because when I fly at night even .1 and .4 lumens is bright when I'm trying to do my job. And I dont want to blind the pilots when I'm talking to them.
In that case, you might want to get a dedicated moonlight like an Eiger Sub-Zero, or an infinitely adjustable light with a really low minimum setting, like the Jetbeam TC-R1. They're not customs, but I've generally found that moonlight works better as a separate light (or at least one that always starts on the lowest setting, like the TC-R1). The reason is partly because you can't accidentally leave a dedicated moonlight on the wrong setting and blind everyone, and partly because circuitry that has a wide range of brightness settings tends to show significant inefficiency on the lowest setting. A Pak-Lite will run for a month on its low setting, and an Eiger Sub-Zero can run for a few days on an AAA, but you'll never get anywhere near that efficiency from a moonlight setting on a multi-mode light.

nbp

Flashaholic
Jason hooked me up with some blue so I could make my Ready Made a little cooler. I love it! This light is getting a lot more use than I expected it would when I bought it. :grin2:

21685743.jpg

86625743.jpg

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi - side question.

could I ask, on his site he mentions that normal cheap LEDs have the blueish red-ish tint and he has the best tints, and LEDS unlike cheaper manufacturers maybe as FENIX with their XM-L T6 3C, and his MCE easily out performs XML.

I like the MCE in say 4000k Neutral warmish white.

at the moment i have a PD32UE. would there be a remarkable difference, really in neutral anyway?.

really like his site.
thanks.

Last edited: