Proton Pro

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last I checked (sometime ago ) it was Amazon. Brightguy usually carries a supply of them although I'm not sure what their charging these days.

Bill

Harry999

Enlightened
I have been using the Proton Pro for a few days now. It continues to grow on me. It was used very successfully in a cinema to allow me to check the time on my watch with the red Led and then at the end of the screening I used the white Led to make sure nothing had been left behind.

I actually think this is a very good user interface. You have immediate access to a very high setting and you also have immediate access to a very low setting lumen wise. In truth this is all I ever wanted from a everyday carry light for general use.

I have arranged through a UK retailer for two more to be ordered for me for January. I really like this light.

Apex007

Newly Enlightened
My switch has gotten a little soft and gummy. It's a little ragged around the edges but still serviceable.
Mail it back to LRI and they'll fit it with a new button (for free) made of an updated material less prone to getting soft/ragged. Only took them about a week to turn mine around. Great customer service.

The Proton Pro is still one of my favorite lights after several years. I got the new version with the updated emitter too. Great light. Can be found for about $37 if you shop around.

A little hairspray on the reflector does wonders for smoothing out the beam by the way (remove the reflector before doing this of course!)

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apex - I am aware of their great warranty service just haven't considered it an issue. It's still one of my most used/carried lights. One of these days I should get it out of rotation and send it off though.

gsr

Enlightened
I managed break the one I had by unscrewing the wrong end in a half awake state, in a vain attempt to change the battery. I sent it back to LRI, and they repaired it without charge. Great customer service. Then I lost it. I'll have to get another one.

Lightman2

Enlightened
I actually really like this light and have had one for some years although of late not much use since my EDC is now the Zebra SC51. My issues were the switch which was replaced as above by laughing rabbit sending me a new light (a+ customer service). Also I personally fund the thread on the tail cap to fine and the button sometimes hard to locate at night but otherwise this light is a real beauty. Fix the above problems and get a few more lumens out of this light and I would call it a serious contender.